• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band booked with Mr DeCadt

Hello,

I attended a WLS presentation last night at my local Spire, had my consultation afterwards and booked for a band on 4th June 2018 :)

May seem super quick and rash to read, but believe me, it really isn't.
Its been a LONG , emotional and expensive journey since July last year.

I started looking into wls in July 2017, firstly considering the balloon before deciding on the sleeve in Czech.
This took me a few months of late night research (googling till the early hours) and soul searching to decide.

Then came the psyching myself up for the op and travel. Leaving my husband and kids to fly to Czech for the op, brushing over the embarrassment of not being able to use the seat tray because of my belly, thinking I was going to be smaller soon enough so this wouldn't happen again!
Beautiful hospital, clean and attentive staff.
After the Pre-ops I found out I had an under active thyroid and a stomach infection. No op for me! and flew home devastated and embarrassed that I couldn't get the seat tray down on the flight home because of my belly (being sat next to a glamorous slim, tanned blond didn't do much for my already shattered confidence).

Arrived home and went straight to my GP who sent me for bloods, put me on levothyroxine and xenical. I also asked to be referred for WLS with the NHS, my GP wanted my thyroid levels to be steady before he would consider it.
The pills were fab at first. I was eating healthy, cutting crap out and steadily loosing a few pounds a week and feeling really positive. Then came the side affects, the oiling. Not nice. Stopped the pills and pile the weight back on plus more.

I was shopping for clothes feeling so upset, I kept thinking to myself 'I shouldn't be looking at these sizes, I should be smaller'.

I then began looking at the bariatric options, again, and once again considered the balloon before looking into the band.
I rang numerous private providers finding out what packages they offered and the costs. This lead me to finding out about the presentation last night that Mr DeCadt attended and his bariatric team. They were very accommodating to my request of a consultation last night.

In hindsight I wish i'd have opted for this back in October last year instead of going to Czech, it would have saved on time, cost, stress and anxiety, BUT every thing happens for a reason, I found out about my thyroid at least and can say with absolute certainly that i've considered my options and not rushed into anything.

I'm ready and cant wait for my new, chapter in June.

:rainbow: Each journey is personal, but you don't need to travel it alone :hugs:

Last edited:

Emma1504

On the NHS route.
The gastric bypass is what appears the best for me.
I have reflux so a sleeve would make that worst.
Thanks for asking x

Emma1504

I am at the beginning.
Waiting for my place on a 12 week course.
Mean while trying to lose the weight they have set.
Really hard but I will get there in the end because I really need this operation to help me lose a huge amount of weight & maintain the loss.
Your are right about out journeys being personal. This forum has already been a great support & everyones individual journeys are inspirational to read x

x.Nicky.x

Hello,

I attended a WLS presentation last night at my local Spire, had my consultation afterwards and booked for a band on 4th June 2018 :)

May seem super quick and rash to read, but believe me, it really isn't.
Its been a LONG , emotional and expensive journey since July last year.

I started looking into wls in July 2017, firstly considering the balloon before deciding on the sleeve in Czech.
This took me a few months of late night research (googling till the early hours) and soul searching to decide.

Then came the psyching myself up for the op and travel. Leaving my husband and kids to fly to Czech for the op, brushing over the embarrassment of not being able to use the seat tray because of my belly, thinking I was going to be smaller soon enough so this wouldn't happen again!
Beautiful hospital, clean and attentive staff.
After the Pre-ops I found out I had an under active thyroid and a stomach infection. No op for me! and flew home devastated and embarrassed that I couldn't get the seat tray down on the flight home because of my belly (being sat next to a glamorous slim, tanned blond didn't do much for my already shattered confidence).

Arrived home and went straight to my GP who sent me for bloods, put me on levothyroxine and xenical. I also asked to be referred for WLS with the NHS, my GP wanted my thyroid levels to be steady before he would consider it.
The pills were fab at first. I was eating healthy, cutting crap out and steadily loosing a few pounds a week and feeling really positive. Then came the side affects, the oiling. Not nice. Stopped the pills and pile the weight back on plus more.

I was shopping for clothes feeling so upset, I kept thinking to myself 'I shouldn't be looking at these sizes, I should be smaller'.

I then began looking at the bariatric options, again, and once again considered the balloon before looking into the band.
I rang numerous private providers finding out what packages they offered and the costs. This lead me to finding out about the presentation last night that Mr DeCadt attended and his bariatric team. They were very accommodating to my request of a consultation last night.

In hindsight I wish i'd have opted for this back in October last year instead of going to Czech, it would have saved on time, cost, stress and anxiety, BUT every thing happens for a reason, I found out about my thyroid at least and can say with absolute certainly that i've considered my options and not rushed into anything.

I'm ready and cant wait for my new, chapter in June.

:rainbow: Each journey is personal, but you don't need to travel it alone :hugs:

Congrats on getting a date hun and looking forward to reading more. Excited to having another banded bud :D xxx