• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Un-clipped band :-(

Omg how awful for you :(
Hopefully you get it sorted soon.
Thinking of you x

How awful that its still dragging on and going so slowly. Are you able to shove them along a bit? :(

I'm gutted for you Hun - I thought there was an insurance built into the operation package when you went with THG - ? I think there is a case to answer to if they mess you about - you can't let them get away with it - thinking of you babes xxxx

Am so sorry bit surely If its faulty they must fix it. U haven't damaged it. I would pop onto your local citizens advice bureau and see If they can get u a 30 min free session with a solicitor.

Well you now you know why and all is agreed its unclipped they should in effect sort it as obviously the surgeon didn't do it up correctly or the band is faulty! If THG should sort if font then I so suggest CAB xxx thinking of you x

Thank you all so much for your kind words of support, it really helps, as it is something which makes you feel very isolated from everyone around you who has no idea what were going though :) I got a call from THG today, they have had the surgeons review of my xray and he confirmed the band is unclipped, I need corrective surgery which they said I have to pay for :-( after a long chat with the guy, he suggested I send a letter of complaint as this type of complication is very rare, when i asked him how rare, he told me they band 200 people every month and he has been in the job 4 years and im only the second person it has happened to.I contacted a no win no fee solicitor several weeks ago and they said they would pursue it, but I wanted to see exactly what THG intended, so I will write the letter and hope they will not charge for the surgery, if not I have a fight on my hands. xxxx

I am gobsmacked that you would have to pay for this ......surely it must be the fault of the surgeon????? I am so sorry you have to go through all this, you must be feeling so disheartened! xxx

Hello

I not sure how long ago u had ur band with the but I had my done 25/8/12 and I was told in my consultation there 6month surgery care cost if any think goes wrong it would be in the first 6month so y are they trying to charge u???

Is so unfair it not like u did it ur self

Best of luck nd will look forward to reading ur up dates
Lisa x

Lisa

Again, thank you for your replies. I had my op in April 2011, and yes they did give 6 months cover, but thats no good to me now. If it was my fault i would accept resonsibility, but I did everything right. I had a few good months, but a couple of fills made the band too tight, on one occassion I spent almost a week, struggling to even get water down. I have a couple of fills, then de-fills, but by early december I need another fill, I didnt get an appointment until the end of Jan and its been down hill since then. I knew at the start of the year something was wrong, but they kept telling me to have another fill, I ended up with my10 ml band almost full.I have been told I can go back for the corrective op on the 23 Oct,£1500 + 200 travel. I feel like im being robbed for the second time :-( I will write a letter of complaint and speak to a solicitor. Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you xxxx

Omg Hun that terrible u should not have to pay it only been just o et a year I really think u should speak to. Cosmetic ombus about this it not ur fault at all it there I never even new this could happen they never explain it to u.

Mayb if u went do solitor and they wrote to thg it might show them u mean business and it done for free like it should be

Wishing u all the best
Lisa. X

Hello, just a bit of an update. I have now booked to have the corrective procedure on the 23rd Oct, I have to meet with the surgeon on the 26th. I had to pay £500 deposit and the rest has to be paid 21 days before the surgery (+3% If i use a card pr cheque to pay)Its not just about the money, its the fact that I am having surgery again by a company who really do not care about you at all! I most definitely would not recommend them, in fact I would warn people not to go with them. from the moment I handed over my cash they changed. I remember the day I had the op, they kept me waiting a long time so gave me 'The lapband book' as a gesture, in which it says that the band can not come open!! So we now know thats not true, because mine has and no one has told me why, whether its is a problem band or it wasnt fitted correctly. I have spoken with a legal advisor and have an appointment on Tuesday to speak to a solicitor. I will let you know how I get on. Have a nice weekend :) xxx

what a nightmare and a battle! Hope the solicitor has some way of helping!

Oh I am sorry there making u pay:-(

Hopfully u will be able to make them pay with seeking advice x
Lisa x

hope they choke when you hand over the money AGAIN! But hopefully you will have the last laugh when you sue them for not only the op money, but also for the grief and stress they have put you through. hope you take them to the cleaners the money grabbing so and so'S.good luck hune keep us all posted hope they get it right this time. good luck for the 23rd.

That is utterly disgraceful and you should not pay a penny! I hope you get the answers and the out come you want xxx

Hi everyone
since I last posted on here I have been to see the surgeon who informed me that in the 6.5 years he's been doing the op Im the only person who's band has become unclipped. I told him I was never told this was a potential complication and he said he wouldnt have told me or would tell anyone else for that matter, because it is unlikely to happen, but HELLO, it does happen and it happened to me! So anyone considering the op should be told, dont you think? So I am now booked in for what they call a 'review' procedure on the 23rd. Basically, he will have a look and if the band is ok, re-clip it, but if the band is faulty it will need to be replaced. I have had to pay up front :-( Im not looking forward to the op but dont have much choice. I am angry that I have to pay for something that wasnt my fault.Not to mention the fact that evey op carries serious risk. I am hoping the second op will be successful, so to help me along, if you could suggest a menu, food to eat and how much after op, i'd be really greatful. Good luck and god bless you all xxxx

Hello am so sorry this has happened to u:-(

Normal ur provider will tell u what u can eat I went with thg and I was told liquid for two weeks ie smoothie ice lolly milk soup (no bit) but then again it may be different for u as u got to have a review

Think it best to check with them

Sorry am not much help :-(
But all the best x

Back