• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band port

Mine protrudes quite a lot and is around the size of a 2p :eek: x

Mine also protrudes and always has, it measures about 2 1/2 cm across, you can also see the tube. As I have never told anyone about my surgery it is the one thing I'm careful about exposing.

Lol it's really weird to feel and see the tube ... I do mine too. Like a little alien friend :D

Thanks top kat x
Could you tell me if my port would be about as big as the middle of a polo?
I thing i may have found it, lol
I didn't realise they could move?
X x x

No it's much bigger than a polo...it's more like a 10 or 50p And yes they can move. They are attached to muscle like the tubing is too, but with weight loss they can move and move considerably....

Found my band!
Actually a piece of ham found it :(
All this time I had a dreadful feeling that it wasn't actually connected, that I didn't really have a band
But I had ham & eggs this morning, eeek, had the weirdest tight blocked feeling, just under my bra
Was that restriction, or was my bra too tight, lol
Drank hot lemon water, seemed to shift it x x x

:(
That's restriction!
I found mine the same way a few weeks ago thanks to a piece of brown bread. Awful feeling. I had to go back on to fluids for 24 hours until it settled again. Not nice at all and served as a stark reminder to chew!

JLB, I was a bit squeamish too but had my first fill this morning. I was lying on a bench while the nurse pressed my stomach. This was a bit uncomfortable as I have a lot of stomach fat and he had to press quite hard but that'll get easier as the weight comes off. He had me cough at one stage just so my muscles would tighten, making it easier to locate the port. He then told me when the needle was going in and I felt the slightest pin prick. Like I said, I'm a bit squeamish so just didn't look down and let my mind wander for the minute or two that the fill was going in.
When he was finished, he got me to drink a glass of water to ensure it could go down ok.

On fluids now for two days and feeling fine.

If I had to do it again tomorrow, I'd have no problem so hopefully, you'll get past your nervousness too :)

Back