• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded Aug O8 still weigh the same !!!

cheerio

I had my band fitted on Aug 29th 08 after which I lost a stone or so. I have had 3 fills and although I get some pain if I eat too quickly or eat bread, I have no appetite control and find I can eat and eat. I am having another fill on the 11th Jan to see if this will help. If I am being totally honest I haven't followed the rules as closely as I should i.e. I have been drinking with my meals.
Anyone else had this experience??

I had my band fitted on Aug 29th 08 after which I lost a stone or so. I have had 3 fills and although I get some pain if I eat too quickly or eat bread, I have no appetite control and find I can eat and eat. I am having another fill on the 11th Jan to see if this will help. If I am being totally honest I haven't followed the rules as closely as I should i.e. I have been drinking with my meals.
Anyone else had this experience??

Hi cheryl

i was also banded 2nd time around on aug 29th, has your dietician spoken to you to help you with the types of foods and different quanties that can be eaten at this stage ?
drinking with meals will stop weight loss as it pushes the food through the band and leaves the pouch empty therefore allowing a bigger portion to be eaten so more calories gets consumed, you sound like you have ok restriction, but has no one has advised you how to use this in the correct way ?

ive had 1 fill since my new band that was fitted the same date as yours and my band is now exactly half full, i find the wetter the food is the more i can eat, i cant eat bread ect, so i tend to have say a jacket pot with various fillings, some days i can eat it all others not. id recomend nothing to drink until at least 30 mins after your meal then you will feel more satisfied from what you have eaten. i hope things work out for you ok.

best wishes

liz x

i had band in sept and my weightloss has slowed over last 2 months my band is half full but iv noticed i can no longer eat bread meat or fish but my appitite has definatly decreased it sounds like you need another fill and more dietry advice i also find it hard knowing what the best foods to eat are but its still early days and will all im sure come right i dont drink when i eatr tho or i tend to throw up good luck x

Sounds a little similar for us all...

I had mine done 14/10/08 and I have lost 2 stone but its ground to a halt.

I find certain things I cannot eat now, whereas 4 weeks ago I could. And definitely a lot lot less.

I guess in another years time, I will look back and think "why did I worry?" but you do, its a human response and although we knew it would be a long haul, impatience is also a normal human emotion too.

I wish you all good luck and lets see where we are when it gets to 2010!

I was told drinking with food is a no no. I have to leave at least an hour after food for a drink. Every surgeon and wls group has different rules tho. tc x

I was cheating with the rules before my second fill and drinking with meals - having a better restriction now means I can't do that - and I am struggling with food - perhaps you just need another fill to find your best level of restriction but remember the hare and the tortoise and stick with it - you will get there in the end x

hi cheryl

you dont know how good it was to read your post, i too was banded in aug o8 and lost the first stone really quickly, since then i have done nothing but eat, i seem to be constantly grazing, i too eat and drink together so i will try not to do that, anything is worth a try!

i think i have been a bit nieve as i assumed you would be able to eat a smaller meal and feel full most of the time until the next meal was due, but that does not seem to be the case.

i am going to phone and see if i can book another fill right now.

keep me posted with how you are doing

all the best moe

Hiya

I am having the hardest time giving up drinking water (or squash) with my meal. I still on most occasions have a drink, it is a habit I just cant seem to break, so you are not the only one struggling with this part of the band life.
take care
MNL

hi
i am the same as moe
i was banded on same day as moe and feel the same as her..
i cant drink with a meal as my band wont alow it and it is painfull
emma

Hi cheryl, i was under the impression when i had my band fitted that yes the band restricts the amount of food that you can eat at a time but will not restrict the snacking between meals, that is down to shear willpower, which i am finding quite difficult at the moment and most of the time its not because im hungry but simply because im bored or its just been habit for the last god knows how many years. xx

Hi Cheryl,

I had my band at the begining of September and have 7ml in there! I still have a mental fight with myself as to whether I feel full, or if I can squeeze another mouthfull in! Trying not to snack kills me, thats another daily argument in my head. I dont think that will ever go for me.

On that note, how much do you all have in your bands? Is 7 excessive? The dietician is thinking I should have a little more!

Vicki xx

you can have a snack between meals just a healthy one if im finding i got munchies i eat something that isnt good with the band then after one mouthfull i dont want anymore there are ups and downs with it i always get more of the munchies when i need my next fill i have 7.45 mls in a 14 ml band so hoping my next one will be a good one

Back