• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Daily Diet and Exercise Log

i personally dont touch any pasta noodles or rice because when i tried rice it got stuck but if you do have it only have a little and chew well

Thanks I dont have pasta or rice either but because the noodles I like are egg so no wheat I thought they may be ok. Tried a veg chow mien type thing (home made) and it went down ok. Your right though I wouldnt have too many :D

Today

Brekkie - slim fast vanilla

Lunch - inside of a jacket potato plus quorn bolagnaise

Tea - 5 chilli and corriander king prawns, beetroot, spoon of coleslaw and salad

Tea with skimmed and loads of water

I'm not a great fan of egg noodles but I think they'd be ok and don't think they'd swell as much as pasta :)

Have avoided pasta like the plague lol tried the egg noodles and they seemed ok so im pleased, love stir fries with a handful of noodles :D

oh im scoffin much more than every 1 else here, fill time me thinks x

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,

I'm eventually feeling some restriction!

Breakfast: milky coffee

Lunch: slice of corned beef, slice of cheddar, 2 strawberries

Dinner: Chicken leg and broccoli...Eaten in 2 parts- I Had to do the washing up in between, as got iron fist.

After about 5 mouthfuls i get iron fist...despite slow and careful eating. Eventually it subsides- Is this restriction?
I dont feel 'stuffed'...just dull ache, which goes away after a couple of minutes.

:)

Yes! Im happy for you! I reckon you will feel more restriction as time passes! Hope your ok xx

B. Small bowl of cornflakes

D: Pea Soup (homemade)

T: Scoop of rice, some Chinese sauce thing and a spring roll :O :O

I think I need another fill cause I could eat all day now, I had perfect restriction for about 2 months but its slowly going, can feel it. :(

Breakfast- strawberries and a babybel

Lunch- Pork and lettuce with baltsamic vinegar (i could drink it by the bottle!)

Snack- 2 babybels

Dinner- Chicken, slices of cucumber, tomato

3 vodka and diet cokes...Went to the Marlborough Mop funfair...resisted the candyfloss, but not the rides!...'Scream if you wanna go faster!'

Every Sunday i make a big frittata with:
8 Eggs
1 Onion
1 Red Pepper
Bunch of Parsley
Bacon or left over chicken or pork...
Grated cheese on top

I then cut the omlette into 8 wedges and foil wrap each piece individually.
I'm not a morning person, so i grab a wedge to take to work with me. Very convienient...helps me to not skip breakfast and keeps me full until lunch.

Today my menu looks like this:
Brunch- Frittata Wedge

2 coffees
Strawberries and Sugarfree jelly

Dinner- Mince beef-onion, cumin, tomato puree...quite a dry mix, bolognese slips through too quick! with broccoli

An apple and a mullerlight yogurt

I eat way waayyyy more than anyone on here!!!!!
For example, For breakfast yesterday I had 2 glasses of N.A.S juice, 1 cup of coffee, then 1hr later had 1 small banana (never really hungry in a morning).
For lunch I had 1 whole packet of batchelors tomato and herb pasta made up with just water, with 3 laughing cow lite triangles in, did not feel full!!!!!
For Tea I had 1 whole small chicken breast 1 very small jacket spud with a good handull of green beans. Had a dollop of lite mayo too.

Had 1 mullerlight yog and 1 apple to snack on throughout the day as well as drinking n.a.s juice, tea/coffee before meals or 1hr later.

Compared to daily menus on here I am eating loads more which tells me my restriction isn't very good at all!!! I am not restricted by any food...can eat anything without any problems.
I have 10mls in a 12ml band so not alot left to go before i am full.
I just think that I am gonna be one of the minority where the band isn't completely successful!!!

I thought Jinkes and then I got my next fill. I have 8.8 in a 10 mil band and have good restriction. When I asked about restriction and what would happen if I got to 10mil with no restriction they told me it was not possible with the band I have in. Because if they wanted to they could completely close the band off. It was told that it is quite normal for you to be at about 1 mil from full to get the best restriction.

If you feel you are eating too much then time for another fill.

Thanks for your reply soontobethinsue. I have just had a fill 3 weeks ago. After every fill I've had , I get good restriction for about 10 days, then I go back to feelin as if I havn't got the band in place at all!!!. I have spoken to my surgeon and he say's it's not possible to feel the way it did before the band, but I know it almost does. I have asked for another fill appointment/checkup and was told that he did not want to see me again untill January!!! So have now started slimming world again, which I swore I'd never do again!!!!:sigh:
I thought Jinkes and then I got my next fill. I have 8.8 in a 10 mil band and have good restriction. When I asked about restriction and what would happen if I got to 10mil with no restriction they told me it was not possible with the band I have in. Because if they wanted to they could completely close the band off. It was told that it is quite normal for you to be at about 1 mil from full to get the best restriction.

If you feel you are eating too much then time for another fill.

Are you NHS or Private? If Private then I would be demanding another appointment. I got my fills 2-3 weeks apart.

Hi again, I went private for my band. On my last appointment he acknowledged that my weight loss had slowed but just told me to up my exercise. Overall he said he was happy with my weightloss so far and gave me a target BMI of 27. There is no way I will get there at this rate lol x

Are you NHS or Private? If Private then I would be demanding another appointment. I got my fills 2-3 weeks apart.

Well it will be a year post op in Jan. How long do you get unlimited fills for? Be careful that he is not just trying to get out of giving you a fill until you have to pay for it.

If it were me I would be demanding a fill. I bet if you were paying for them he would be quite happy to take the extra money for a fill.

If your weight has slowed then they should be offering you a fill.

Hurrah now on normal foods .

6am cuppa
7 am 2 tsp spoons mixed seeds
2 almonds 3 brazil nuts 2 walnuts 2tbs total yoghurt 1/2 small banana

1 bar go natural apricot,nut and yoghurt.
1/2 apple

sliver of cooked smkd salmon 1 egg scrambled
1 bowl chunky veg soup

I dont have any rescrition yet so have to use will power

B.1/2 pkt oats so simple made with water.
ramkin dish 3tbs sp frozen mixed berries.2tbs total yoghurt 1/2 tsp cinnamon

L.1 pkt nairn oat bakes (chesse Flavour)

cereal bowl of pea and ham soup (home made)

snack 3 - 4pm 1/2 apple large

D. small baked potato, 3tbs tuna ,onions, tomato salad and 1/2 apple

Hi again, I get 2 yrs aftercare and fills. I shall be ringing next week for another fill appointment and will see what they say!! x x
Well it will be a year post op in Jan. How long do you get unlimited fills for? Be careful that he is not just trying to get out of giving you a fill until you have to pay for it.

If it were me I would be demanding a fill. I bet if you were paying for them he would be quite happy to take the extra money for a fill.

If your weight has slowed then they should be offering you a fill.

Hi jinkles you have done great just looking at your start weight and current weight fantastic.

Yes you must get another fill as so many say the fills dont work till nearly max fill, most bands can fill 5mls more than the stated amount according to the literature book i got on the allergan bands which most people use .
Keep posting so we can all read the progress Mia

B. 1/2 pkt oats so simple made with water
3 tbs fruit,1tsp mixed seeds 2 tabs total yoghurt and cinnamon.

L. 2 oz salmon. Chunky veg soup . 1/2 pkt nairn oats bitescheese flavour ( yum yum)Lovely.

Snack 1 small apple about 4pm .

D. Home made lentil dal. 2 tabs spoons brown rice

Still getting hungry, but have a fairly active job lots of variety.
Drinking 4lts a day of water plus tea and the odd coffee.

Hope you all have a great day. Mia

Back