• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Daily Diet and Exercise Log

Breakfast:
3 slices of crispbread, topped with with 0.2%fat cream cheese (15g each) and wafer thin turkey ham (2 slices each)

Lunch:
1x extra lean sausage & 2x glamorgan sausages and 1tbs or less extra light mayo

Dinner:
Lamb meatballs (managed a tiny amount chewing veeery slowly), 5 oven fries (thin ones), gherkins and green salad with lemon juice

Snacks:
WW hot choc, light cheese triangle

Drinks:
Pint of water
2 pints of NAS

Exercise:
1 hour cleaning if that counts :)

Breakfast; 1 beef sausage, 1 large egg, 2 grilled tomatoes

Cup of tea

Lunch: half maxi muscle lean definition choc orange bar (mouth aching from chewing)

1 litre of Robinson's orange juice

Dinner: beef and potato curry, made with onions curry powder, yogurt and spices plus mixed veg

1 banana

Bottle of water at cinema - so proud of myself for no sweeties or popcorn :)

Calories: 937 kcal
Exercise: 20 mins bike / 20 mins squats, resistance bands and gym ball.

Ok day today, :)

Hi everyone

yesterday I had -

Brekkie - Wholemeal pitta with grilled bacon and mushrooms

Dinner - small wholemeal wrap with salad and feta cheese

tea - roast chicken thigh and roast veg

snack - low fat trifle

Not a really 'good' day for me, too much bready things.

today so far -

brekkie - wholemeal pitta and ham

dinner - leftover roast veg and chicken

snack - fresh pineapple

tea - salad, mackerel and croutons

snack - strawberries - lite mousse

speak soon x x

Hi guys :) I was too knackered last night to post. Here goes yesterday's food:

Early morning:
Glass of oat milk

Breakfast:
1/2 extra lean sausage (Sainsbury's be good to yourself)
1 glamorgan sausage
1 Egg yolk cooked with 2-3 mushrooms and a handful of mixed peppers

Mid-morning:
2 slices of Melba toast with a low fat cheese triangle

Lunch time:
1/2 Atkins protein brownie bar (we were on the way, shared it with my husband)

Late lunch:
1 1/2 Birdseye premium beef burger (the super thin ones, grilled, all fat drained)
Mixed veg - petit pois, onion, mushroom, carrot
0% fat natural yogurt

Dinner:
Ate out for the first time! Husband and I went out on a date night hehe :) watched skyfall (amazing film!!) and went to Frankie & Benny's for dinner. I had the crab cake starter from the light options menu. It was yummy and only 300 calories!

Not a bad day at all :) will post today's food later

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It's good to see what other banders are eating. Not sharing everything that I am eating this evening, but suffice to say, sat in a hotel in Edinburgh on training course, and my haggis starter tastes scrumptious :rolleyes: the little artistic smear of neeps and tatties does count as one of my five a day ... YES? ;)

Me too. Been naughty today!

Breakfast banana and mullerlight Greek yogurt

Lunch: 6 onion & herb crackers (wafer thin crackers but 25 cals each) eek! Cottage cheese and chives

Dinner; chicken breast, stir fry veg and black bean sauce

Snack; mullerlight yogurt

Calories 1105

No exercise done :(

I think its ok to have naughtier days as long you go back to behaving yourself immediately after :)

Here goes my day...

Breakfast:
Small banana

Mid-morning:
Atkins protein peanut bar

Lunch:
6 slices of melba toast & 2 ww cheese triangles & 6 slices of wafer thin turkey ham

Mid-afternoon:
Cup-a-soup chicken

Dinner:
Birdseye hake in cheese and leek sauce & 2 vegetable nuggets & a few chunks of steamed celeriac

Drinks:
3 cups of coffee with skimmed milk, 2 pints of nas squash

Exercise: 25-30 min walk

Total ~1000 calories or so

Sunday

Breakfast
45g of low sugar low salt muesli with a chopped pear and 50mls skimmed milk

Late lunch/dinner

150g fresh grilled sea bass fillets, with 200g of roasted mediterranean vegetables. 1/4 granary roll

Snack
100g grilled chicken breast and 3 slices cooked ham
options hot chocolate
2 litres of water

Exercise ~ 2 long dog walks, lots of housework

965 calories
exercise use 315 cals

My day yesterday

Breakfast/morning
1 tea
1 coffee
1 litre NAS squash
muller yoghurt

Afternoon/lunch
2 x ryvita with sweet chilli sauce and 2 slices of cooked ham
1 litre of water

Dinner (very late cos I wasn't hungry)
150g chicken, small mixed salad and 2 ryvitas with low fat pate

Snack
100g chicken

Exercise ~ 25 min dog walk, gym workout, 30 mins lots of effort housework

983 calories
exercise use 515 cals :)

Today's food: -

Brekkie - Belvita x 3, fresh pineapple

Dinner - Salad, chicken, half a jacket potato, sweet chilli, feta

Snack - other belvita and pineapple

Tea - prawn stir fry with a few noodles, hoi sin sauce

snack - strawberries and hi lite mousse

Probably about 1 litre of water, 3 coffees and 3 teas! (need more water).....

Will try to force myself to the gym and probably do about 30 minutes cardio - need to get back in the routine not exercisinf much at all.

How is everyone else doing? keep posting I think it's good to see what others are eating.

I am trying to eat more fruit, haven't really been eating any and need to have more. Doing ok with salad and veg x

Last edited:
Just MFP the above food to keep an eye on it and came in at 900 cals without drinks so with milk prob about 1000.

Don't feel deprived at all x

I'm struggling with chicken and fish. Haven't attempted pork, lamb or beef other than sausage or mince form. I had fish last night but I managed half in about 45 min and got fed up in the end... I really miss fish and want to have more but I don't want to liquidise it... How do you guys eat chicken? With gravy or dry? I'm only 4.5 weeks post op so I shouldn't really try chicken unless it's mince for another 2 months... X

I didn't have chicken for quite a while. Only fish and minced turkey.

I now eat chicken as normal with a salad or dinner etc, just small pieces and chew it well. I am not at full restriciton yet though.

You say you eat your fish for 45 minutes! DOn't you follow the 20-20-20 rule?? or similar from your providor.

I take a mouthful chew it at least 20 times, wait 20 seconds for next mouthful and only do this for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes I stop eating. Don't get me wrong I could carry on going but I am satisfied not stuffed? does this make sense? like someone said before, no longer hungry rather than full.......

Once I got to 4 weeks post op was told to eat drier foods rather than with gravy and sauces etc as well.

Hope this helps x x

I'm struggling with chicken and fish. Haven't attempted pork, lamb or beef other than sausage or mince form. I had fish last night but I managed half in about 45 min and got fed up in the end... I really miss fish and want to have more but I don't want to liquidise it... How do you guys eat chicken? With gravy or dry? I'm only 4.5 weeks post op so I shouldn't really try chicken unless it's mince for another 2 months... X

Hello there just would like to say that your only a short time out from having wls - it takes a while to adjust to eating more solid protein/meats etc - Give it time. x x BD x x P>S> try having fish with a sauce you may find that easier to digest for now x

Oh yes I do follow the 20-20-20 normally but got carried away with the fish experiment :) I think I'll try again in a few weeks as not force it for now. Wont attempt chicken either. Thanks guys :) x

Ok here's today

Breakfast:
Ready brek made with skimmed milk

Mid-morning:
Atkins coconut bar

Lunch:
6x Crispbread + 2 low fat cheese triangles + 50g low fat pate + 1 slice of wafer thin ham
(crispbread was a bit too much I think I could have had just 3-4 but it was in front of me and I ate it...)

Mid-afternoon:
Small banana

Dinner:
2 chicken frankfurters + 50g carrot and swede mash + a few chunks of steamed celeriac + mustard + 1/4 can chopped tomatoes

Drinks:
2 coffees with skimmed milk and 1.2 litres of NAS squash

Exercise:
30 min walk

Total ~900 calories xxx

Hi all, hope you all had a good day! I was at a seminar until late afternoon so had to snack and eat out for lunch. I wasn't too bad I suppose :)

Breakfast:
Ready Brek (30g) + 150ml skimmed milk

Mid-morning:
Small packet of Quavers

Lunch from salad bar:
Green salad with cucumbers, 4 mini cruton size cubes of potato, 4 penne pasta bits, 6 crutons, 1tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tbsp low fat mayo

Late afternoon:
Orange+choc protein bar

Dinner:
Omelet made with 1 egg, 1 chicken frankfurter, 150g veg (frozen pepper, mushroom and onion), 100g chopped tomatoes, 25g skimmed milk, 25g extra light cream cheese with onion and chive

Drinks:
2 pints of squash, 2 small soya lattes, 1 cup of black coffee

Exercise:
30 min walk

Total 922 calories

xxx

Yay, I'm glad people are posting on here again! I'll join in.

Breakfast: cup of tea then off to the gym for a swim - 1 mile

At work - a small banana then a protein shake (sometimes I have a ready made slim fast)

Lunch: tuna, cucumber, beetroot, spoon of cous cous with olives and sun dried toms and a packet of melba toast.

Tea: butternut squash and ginger soup - homemade, lush! with 3 seeded ryvita.

Lots of tea with skimmed and lots of water :D

*waves at Mazza*

I was starting to feel lonely here :) x

Great menu Mazza, what's you average calorie intake while maintaining? X

Hi Tobi

Hmm, thats a bit tricky lol. I have stopped counting because I tend to have similar things, probably about 15 variations on a rotating basis, it depends on what day it is etc!

Somedays I have more than I should but then pull it back on track.

I do a fair bit of exercise too which helped with my losses but also with maintenance :D x

Back