• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Daily Diet and Exercise Log

Sunday

Breakfast:
Home made extra lean turkey and bacon medallions patty with chopped tomatoes, mushrooms and an egg yolk

Lunch:
1/2 WW crustless broccoli and cheese quiche, 100ml oasis summer fruits (... and nicked a couple of crisps from my husband...)

Mid-afternoon:
5 mini Cadbury chocolate fingers (we were visiting friends, couldn't resist the urge when offered some and to be polite I accepted not just one but 5!!! :eek:)

Dinner:
2x lamb merguez sausages + sweet potato + artichoke

Snacks:
Grilled 100g lamb's liver
WW oat crackers x2

Exercise:
I definitely did something but can't remember... walk perhaps? Nothing on MFP, hmmmmm?

Total calories: 996

Today

Early morning:
Medium soya latte from Cafe Nero

Late breakfast:
Readybrek with skimmed milk, sprinkled with cinnamon

Lunch:
Green salad with balsamic vinegar and slice of wafer thin smoked ham + 2 ryvita slices with low fat cream cheese and mackerel pate

Dinner:
Home-made extra lean turkey mince curry with carrots, sweet potato and courgette (100g curry + 100g veg) with a tbsp of fat free yogurt topping

Snacks:
WW hot choc, mango & pear yogurt

Exercise:
20 min walk, didn't even bother to log it on MFP

Total calories 909

Wow you guys have amazing restriction. I'm getting my second fill today. I'm hoping its going to take away my cravings because I will lose interest in food?! Did that happen to anyone? Would appreciate your responses! Xx

Libby ... I am sorry to disappoint, but I still REALLY have an interest in food, and cravings even 1 1/2 years post op. Lots of banders hit their sweet spot, but personally, I am not so tightly restricted that i cannot eat too much, but i have a pretty good balance overall. it's how how we deal with interest/cravings that's important. I challenge it into making lots of really nice tasty homemade food that is healthy (full of protein and lowish in fat), and when dining out I choose smaller portions of really nutritious food. While I say I don't have tight restriction, I do eat FAR less than pre-band...and thats whats worked for me.

Hi libby

I don't have restriction yet but it's all willpower!

Also I'm the same, go for tasty nutritious food x try to avoid the crap x

Monday

Morning
coffee
muller light coconut yoghurt

lunch
rice cake and ryvita with pate, sweet chilli sauce

mid afternoon some muesli with pear (really hungry today lol)

Dinner
Poached salmon and chicken with salad and a garlic sauce

2 litres of NAS squash
Options orange hot choc
6 sugar free polos

Total 1127 cals
exercise ~ walking and 25 min workout, 400 cals burned

I really need to get back on MFP I think.

Yesterday: -

Went for fill but was cancelled as Nurse off sick so no brekkie.

Lunch - Chickena nd veg and noodles

Tea - Hubby had an indian so I had chicken tikka started with salad and raita.

Nothing else after that.

Tuesday

Morning
1 tea, 1 coffee

Lunch (about 330pm!)
John West Tuna light lunch
2 dark rye ryvita with quark

Dinner
Home made king prawn in a garlic and sweet pepper sauce
Vegetable medley of carrots, brocolli and cauliflower
Other Drinks
2 litres NAS squash

Snacks
75g chicken breast
4 sugar free polos

Meal Calories 855 but REALLY full on todays food which is nice!
(carbs 70g protein 98g)

Exercise - 25 min dog walk, circuit at gym, use 400 cals

May have an options hot chocolate later, but thats only 40 cals.

Wow you guys have amazing restriction. I'm getting my second fill today. I'm hoping its going to take away my cravings because I will lose interest in food?! Did that happen to anyone? Would appreciate your responses! Xx

It doesn't I'm afraid if you have head hunger issues, they will still remain - the trick is to have some strategies for when it strikes.

You still need to eat, so you won't lose interest in food but hopefuly you will learn (with time) to overcome cravings xx

Well as predicted today was not a good food day!

I had to leave home too early to have anything other than a cup of tea for breakfast. Ate a banana when I arrived in Kent just after 11, plus water and two coffees during the meeting.

After the meeting my boss gave me a small kit kat, then I drove home.

Eventualy sat down about 10 minutes ago - after driving home, picking daughter up, feeding daughter, dogs, cats. Putting washing away, making packed lunch for daughter and OH. I don't feel hungry and I have a splitting headache!

Going to have some soup and an early night, another meeting day tomorrow (local) followed by a spin class. No exercise today! x

My day today.......cup of black tea when i got up. L/cow light cheese triangle when i got to work. snack, ski yogurt. Lunch-homemade chicken and sweetcorn soup, rice cake and cheese triangle. dinner-tomato soup, baby bel. 1ltr nas juice.

Been ok today... Shocking yesterday!!! (Ate after I posted but too ashamed to tell)!

Breakfast: my protein diet impact whey shake & cup of tea
Snack: banana
Lunch: ww vegetable soup
Snack: conference pear
Dinner: tesco Moroccan couscous burger, oven chips, green beans and sweet corn
Cup of tea

Total 940 cals
Exercise: 20 mins walking :)

Kitchen is closed for night!!! (Keep telling myself)

Sas and afandou.. Slider foods may leave you feeling hungrier. Are you both on normal solid foods? If you are, you may find more textured food keeps you fuller for longer/less tempted to snack x

Tuesday

Breakfast:
Alpen NAS muesli with a splash of skimmed milk

Mid-morning:
Slim Fast nougat snack bar

Lunch:
100g grilled lamb's liver + green salad + onion & chive cottage cheese

Mid-afternoon:
Cream cracker topped with peanut butter and a drop of honey (oops this totaled much higher in calories than I thought but was well tasty!)

Dinner:
Jumbo king prawns cooked with garlic and chopped tomatoes with a few wholemeal penne pasta... I couldn't eat the pasta, it felt like stuck so I stopped eating it... Had a ryvita topped with mushroom pate instead.

Drinks:
Pint of NAS squash, WW hot choc, 3 coffees with skimmed milk

Exercise:
20 min walk (boo)

Total 902 calories

Today

Breakfast:
Small banana

Mid-morning:
Atkins protein bar

Lunch:
5 slices of melba toast with low fat cream cheese and mackerel pate + green salad with balsamic vinegar

Mid-afternoon:
Sweet chilli sun bites, 2-3 crisps then gave the bag away to a colleague cos I got paranoid it'll get stuck... lol

Dinner:
3 small new potatoes boiled with skin on + home made extra lean turkey breast mince curry

Dessert:
Apricot & nectarine diet yogurt

Drinks:
Soya latte, blueberry green tea, WW hot choc, pint of NAS squash

Exercise:
20 min walk (rain really doesn't help!)

Total 979 calories

xxx

Wednesday

Morning
~ coffee
~ tea
~ Muller light strawberry yoghurt

Mid afternoon snack
~ tikka flavoured chicken chunks

Late afternoon
~ 2 ryvita with chilli sauce and 2 slices of cooked ham

Dinner
~ baked chicken breast
~ cauliflower and brocolli, bit of gravy and some redcurrant jelly

Mid evening snack
~ Muller Greek cherry yoghurt

Drinks
1 litre NAS orange
1 litre NAS apple and pear

Calories 946
Exercise 70 mins of walking gaining 431 cals via exercise.

The hunger that was there at the beginning of the week has eased slightly, think those vegetables are definitely the way to go, but also it would be TOTM around this time.

Port area feeling a little sore today after changed and increased circuit /weights etc at the gym

Had a fill yesterday so had: -

Yesterday - liquids

1 x latte
1 x slimfast
1 x new covent garden soup
2 x tea with skimmed milk and 1 sugar
1 x aero mousse

today is mush: -

2 x scrambled eggs

half a WW cottage pie
smartprice trifle (naughty, but nice!)

Fish in parsley sauce with mushies and mashed root veg

Prob a mousse tonight.

Always seem to eat a bit more rubbishy stuff on mush day!

Back to normal tomorrow, craving my salad and ryvita (weirdo)

Had my weigh in at THG yesterday and have now lost 3stone 4lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanted 3 stone for xmas so now want to lose 3 stone 10lb for xmas x x

got another half a ml in so now have 7.5ml in a 14ml band. Nurse said she likes to take it slow now, maybe do 1/4 ml next time x

Struggling still, think its due more to lack of planning, I'm a real impulsive person, never plan ahead!

Breakfast: diet impact whey protein shake (double choc) cup of tea
Snack: pear
Lunch: tin of split pea soup and banana
Dinner: chicken breast, oven chips, green beans

Naughty: licked the sauce left from the bowl that had individual syrup sponge pudding in (after son ate it), also licked some runny ice cream at bottom of bowl.... Need to get a grip Saddo!!!
Ate another banana.

Cals 1226 :(

Going shopping tomorrow for filling foods with crunch!!! X

Sas, I am sure we have all done what you have done and worse! If you fancy those treats, just plan them in, in moderation .... then you wont have :( face xxx Planning ahead and making sure you have plenty of band friendly things to turn to will help too ... Have fun shopping :)

Evening :) Hope everyone had a good day. I don't like this week, it's miserable outside and I can't go out for walks plus work is too busy :(

Breakfast:
NAS muesli with a splash of milk

Mid-morning:
Slim Fast chocolate bar

Lunch:
Packet (4 slices) of WW oat & wheat crackers with 2 low fat cheese triangles, 8 slices of wafer thin turkey ham, cucumber

Mid-afternoon:
Small carrot (raw, cut in sticks)
3 peanut butter M&Ms (it was offered, I accepted without thinking......)

Dinner:
4 small home-made meatballs made with extra lean turkey mince and bacon medallions + 100g steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots + 2 vegetable nuggets with tsp of mustard, tsp of BBQ sauce and tsp extra light mayo - although no bigger than a tea plate, this is so far the biggest dinner I had and I'm glad I have a fill coming up soon!

Drinks:
2 cups of coffee, cup of tea, pint of NAS squash, WW hot choc

Exercise:
None whatsoever, it's too depressing outside :(

Total 955 calories

xxx

Back