• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Daily Diet and Exercise Log

WeightlossDreamer

I think I've been eating too much..but Ive messaged TK and she has kindly sent me a list of things to eat, which I shall start tomorrow :)

Breakfast
Special K about 35g
or
Oats so simple

Lunch
Cottage Cheese, or Tuna
with a tossed salad
Sometimes 1/2 cracker bread
odd occasions
half a jacket potato

Dinner
Chicken,or Salmon, or Stew,
assorted vegatables..but no potato etc
very occasionally small amount pasta

Snacks

apple
banana
Yoghurt
sorbet or small twister

I dont think that sounds bad val! Seems your concentrating well on your protein! x x

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Thank you Kirstie...I think Im just eager to get the full feeling many of you have as always Im still hungry especially between meals..But I shall keep plodding on :)

WeightlossDreamer

i tell u what you could try for breakfast and it filled me right up, asda do turkey sausages in the fresh section they taste just like regular sausages have one of them with some scrambled egg mixed with low fat philly and some crackerbread if you need it? x

Val

Committed Weight Loser
wow that sounds a great brekkie..will try that xxx

WeightlossDreamer

wow that sounds a great brekkie..will try that xxx

Keeps me full for hours! I think the turkey sausages r about 92 cals but you get about 9grams of protein too so with the egg and philly on top it gives you a really good boost x x

flutterby1966

Yep I am going to try and hunt some down too ... Thanks for the idea :)

janeybec

Need advice on the gym pls fellow banders! I did it, yesterday I became a member of the gym...still feels weird saying that! But my instructor wasnt too sure on how to advise me with regards to my tummy. I have heard stomach crunches are a no no, but desperately want to do something to help tone my tummy. Any ideas on wot safe exercises I can do? Is power plate ok for me to use? Thanks x

WeightlossDreamer

Ok so.....
B.....strawberry protein shake pre gym, 1 turkey sausage post gym
L.....mini frikadellan meatballs, 1 pack mini salted crackers
D.....2 quorn sausages, 2tbsp cooked carrots and gravy
S....1 Cowbelle cheese stick, 1 custard cream and 1 Jammie dodger!

So yesterday wasn't great but wasn't too shabby either! Not gonna deny myself a biccy when I go to see the family! Plus I hit the gym, but will be good today! Total protein 72g x x

WeightlossDreamer

Need advice on the gym pls fellow banders! I did it, yesterday I became a member of the gym...still feels weird saying that! But my instructor wasnt too sure on how to advise me with regards to my tummy. I have heard stomach crunches are a no no, but desperately want to do something to help tone my tummy. Any ideas on wot safe exercises I can do? Is power plate ok for me to use? Thanks x

I would suggest calling your provider I go the gym but have only been doing the treadmill and upper body strength training. I think running is supposed to tone everywhere x

janeybec

I would suggest calling your provider I go the gym but have only been doing the treadmill and upper body strength training. I think running is supposed to tone everywhere x

Thanks for ur reply, phoned my provider and they told me I can do anything apart from contact things like kick boxing. Shocked im sure at some point I was told no stomach crunches but my provider has a band herself and says she does them! Well chuffed, goodbye tummy x

Wobbly71

I'm gonna start on here again for the New Year. Want the last bit shifting.

Thursday:

Brekkie - boiled egg, plum tomato, cooked ham splash of white balsamic vinegar

plum

lunch - homemade chunky gammon and veg soup, mullerlight

high protein bar beofre gym

tea - turkey, veg and a bit of gravy

cereal bar

gym - 1 hour of cardio

eat: - 950 cals
gym - 600 cals burnt

Wobbly71

todays plan - friday

brekkie and dinner - same as yesterday

pm snack - sesame snaps

tea - salmon, salad, feta and half sweet potato

snack - cereal bar tonight

i also drink 2 litres of water and have been having green tea with a hint of mint.

Gym today will be same 600 cals burnt.

Need to get back into this to shift the weight.

Been drinking far too much wine over last month husband been home need to nip it in the bud and detox.....

Crystalrainbow

Just found this thread........... thought it may be helpful to start logging my intake here, maybe compare how i'm doing with others............ currently im 9 weeks post op nothing in band yet lol
Am following to 20 20 20 rule with eating from a small child's plate.
Still trying to figure this eating lark out lol
today i've had
B 2 x weetabix (sainsburys basic ones which are smaller)
150ml of lacto free skimmed milk
L 1 hard boiled egg 1 laughing cow light 5 crackerbreads
D 3oz boiled beef swede and 2 brussel sprouts
snack 1 jubbly icelolly, small banana, 5 malteasers LOL
roughly 700 odd calories
exercise so far is 7769 steps
would be grateful of any input at this point :) its very much mind over matter right now and following the rules................ am averaging about 700-900 cals most days
I know i need to add some fruit in :) once ive been shopping!! Thanks in advance, would love if you joined me too x x x
Oh p.s i plan to try cutting back the carbs too starting tomorrow :)

flutterby1966

I found this thread great when I was 'in the wanting to lose stages' :) weetabix maybe a slider food but for breakfast I don't think its a bad idea as sometimes we need to eat things like that at that time of the day. You have protein from your milk, plus the roughage our bodies need post band ... Carry on posting x

Crystalrainbow

Thanks flutterby :) just try to get the hang of all these rules lol have stayed the same this week weight wise, only -1 last week..... i know i'm due to slow down, have been doing so well up until now -47 since start of pre op. Today 9 weks post op. Am logging with myfitnesspal which says eat 1200 cals a day, my hospital rules no snacks so would struggle to even make 1000 a day following all the rules lol so just a little confused LOL so am trying to re jig my eating aand exercise see if any different next week !!! all input welcome :)

Crystalrainbow

ok so today's intake :)
Now i've tried to stick to my hospital rules of 3 meals no snacks
B 1 x weetabix (sainsburys basic) 150ml lacto free milk 4 oz banana
L 1/2 tin of tuna in brine salad
D 3oz beef strips, swede, courgette, pepper smal fromage frais
ok so cals were less than 500??? so had some snacks to bulk up a bit
S 1x snack back apples and grapes. 1 x laughing cow light triangle, 1 x pink and white marshmallow
total cals 537 ????

So confused ...................