• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders please help me x

Carre

It's coming up to my fourth week and I'm not losing weigh ?

I'm eating all the right things and although I have 4ml in my band I could eat what I wanted BUT IM NOT have my fill on the 16th so I hope this activate's it I feel so gutted......

Please help and make me feel better, has this happened to anyone??

Hello there. What is your fluid/food intake is like? Weight loss does vary from person to person post op, whilst it seems some are losing str8 away post op others do not begin to lose weight until they get proper restriction. All the best BD x

Hello

I have a 10 ml band with 4 ml they put in at op but at begin i had a really good restrictions with out bein sick and things it was ok

Then I had lots of sickness

But last week I had a small fill I was hoping this would give me some restriction but for 3day I could only take fluid then 3 day mush and now Tom it normal food which I can't wait for :)

But I got to say I feel no restriction at all at moment I have spoken to dietitian who told me I should start to feel restriction between 6-8 ml and i am at 4.6ml at present :-(

I had my band since 25/8/12 and so far I have only lost 1stone 9 lb:-(

?So I really do no where ur coming from as it dis hearting but am sure it will all fall into place and we will start to lose it.

I have not lost even half lb in 3 weeks am eating off small plate and only eat for 20 min if I can eat that much,

After most meals or even half way throw mainly if I have dip of water am sick?

I was hoping by 25 of this month I would b 2 stone lighter so am still trying half lb would be good this week
So I no where ur coming from

But keep ur chin up
Monitor what ur eating with my fitness plan that what I been doing
I was told not to count calorie but I think am going to give it try

I hope I've helped a little
Lisa x

Hope you get sorted out soon xxx

I just re read my msg god it depressing

That not gonna cheer u up:-(

But I do belive we will all get there!! And that band is for life and we have to work with it as well as exercise!

How much have u lost x

Don't forget it can often take upto your 3rd fill before restriction is felt, it's a slow process but for your own safety. In the interim it's upto you if you want to kickstart the loss n put yourself on a healthy diet or wait until the band restriction kicks in, but had I have done that I'd have put my weight loss a good 3 months behind. so glad now I focused n knuckled down without my band working! That at least kicked in when my resistance started to tire! X

Don't forget it can often take upto your 3rd fill before restriction is felt, it's a slow process but for your own safety. In the interim it's upto you if you want to kickstart the loss n put yourself on a healthy diet or wait until the band restriction kicks in, but had I have done that I'd have put my weight loss a good 3 months behind. so glad now I focused n knuckled down without my band working! That at least kicked in when my resistance started to tire! X

I'm doing well with my will power I'm eating off a small plate, not sure when I can start exercise as I thought it was 3 weeks??

I know it's not a quick fix but not even losing half a pound a week on 800-1000 a day when I was on 3000...??

I'm going to cut out carbs as that worked for me before the band and I love meat... Watch this space I will succeed !! Xxx

I just re read my msg god it depressing

That not gonna cheer u up:-(

But I do belive we will all get there!! And that band is for life and we have to work with it as well as exercise!

How much have u lost x

Thanks xx

We will get there I have lost 1.9 stone in 3 weeks which is good but that was from the first 2 weeks since week 3 nothing!!

I know we can do it, it will happen I don't have no set date!!

I have 4ml in a small band. Let's hope I get 3 more at the fill lol xx

Could be that you're not having quite enough calories Carre, your fairly tall so might need a few more to get you losing?!

Cutting back on carbs is a good thing to try, especially if its worked for you before. Not long til 16th x

Could be that you're not having quite enough calories Carre, your fairly tall so might need a few more to get you losing?!

Cutting back on carbs is a good thing to try, especially if its worked for you before. Not long til 16th x

Really can't wait for the fill, I did do atkins and lost 2 stone in 2 months so maybe that's the way forward. When can you start exercise ?

It depends on what you plan doing really. Walking - from day one, swimming - I was advised 6 weeks, weights a little longer still.

I was back at work after a week and at the gym after around two weeks. Just walking on the treadmill to start x

Carre, I stalled at a similar stage to you (but after such a big loss in the first two weeks, it's understandable the loss has slowed down ... An average of 1-2lbs a week is a healthy loss, so realistically speaking you have far exceeded that, so really good going). Around the 4 week point I upped my calories from 800 to c 1100 a day and the weight loss speeded up particularly as I focussed on my increased consumption being protein. And that's the reason I think I can eat more calories now than a lot of banders and still lose weight. It was really scarey to actually up what I was putting in my body as for a couple of days the weight increased, but after that, it was downwards all the way (2-3lbs a week = over 10st lost in a year ... without feeling deprived) :D the losses will come Carre x

Don't just look at cals.....up that protein n cut those carbs! I started a little 5 min walk on the treadmill and slowly built it up from there. Good luck! X

Don't just look at cals.....up that protein n cut those carbs! I started a little 5 min walk on the treadmill and slowly built it up from there. Good luck! X

you have done so well i hope im as sucsessful as you. You can be dam sure im going to give 150% xx

love your posts xx

Carre said:
you have done so well i hope im as sucsessful as you. You can be dam sure im going to give 150% xx

love your posts xx

Aw good luck...I've been where you are but trust me now 1yr on its like...where has that time gone. my view was always quicker the better so I could then get back to normality, worked for me xx

Ah Hun look at how well you've done so far!! You lost tonnes post op! I on the other hand have lost 2 lil teeny lbs not worrying though I'm barely managing water so struggling with food! It'll come right xxx

Ah Hun look at how well you've done so far!! You lost tonnes post op! I on the other hand have lost 2 lil teeny lbs not worrying though I'm barely managing water so struggling with food! It'll come right xxx

It will come of in he next two weeks kel, how u feeling ?

Carre said:
It will come of in he next two weeks kel, how u feeling ?

I'm ok thanks hun still
Sore
Tried to go without pain killers today big mistake! Just want shut of this wind never felt anythin like it I can't possibly take anymore windeaze tums peppermint tabs etc theyre making me balk ? xx

I'm ok thanks hun still
Sore
Tried to go without pain killers today big mistake! Just want shut of this wind never felt anythin like it I can't possibly take anymore windeaze tums peppermint tabs etc theyre making me balk ? xx

I know it's really bad ain't it, it will get so much better everyday I promise I'm great now the only thing that's stressing me is the port is sticking out and if I put my little boy in his cot the bar digs in and kills....
My jeans fell down today at my mums house lol I'm losing my bum and boobs first .!,

Carre said:
I know it's really bad ain't it, it will get so much better everyday I promise I'm great now the only thing that's stressing me is the port is sticking out and if I put my little boy in his cot the bar digs in and kills....
My jeans fell down today at my mums house lol I'm losing my bum and boobs first .!,

Yeah I ended up walking around holding my port site today but might have done a little too much too soon great that the jeans are too big though lucky you were at your mums ;-) xx

Back