• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders please help me x

Yeah I ended up walking around holding my port site today but might have done a little too much too soon great that the jeans are too big though lucky you were at your mums ;-) xx

I know would have been soooooo humiliating if it was in town lol

Don't do to much you may damage your wounds!!? And open them up!!

Interesting post.

My dietician said the only problem with my diet was missing the carbs on some meals?? she said i needed them for energy. I do look at them as the enemy. I started including a couple of new potatos in skin to my tea and croutons with my salad.

Calorie wise I'm on about 800-900 a day.

Should I up it a bit? to say 1000-1200 I do enjoy my salmon and find it's higher in cals so might try that a bit more x x

I never thought eating more would help me lose weight x x x

Interesting post.

My dietician said the only problem with my diet was missing the carbs on some meals?? she said i needed them for energy. I do look at them as the enemy. I started including a couple of new potatos in skin to my tea and croutons with my salad.

Should I up it a bit? to say 1000-1200 I do enjoy my salmon and find it's higher in cals so might try that a bit more x x

this is weird giving up now. Replying to one thread and its shoing on this thread x

Does the band make you go absolutely MAD??????

It was the right thread just didn't see page 2............

my god must be dinnertime x x

Wobbly71 said:
Interesting post.

I've only ever had 800-900 anymore and I bloomed, but most people do have a little more

Does the band make you go absolutely MAD??????

It was the right thread just didn't see page 2............

my god must be dinnertime x x

This made me lol xxx

It's so confusing everyone is different and I suppose it's trial and error xx

Interesting post.

Wobbly, in my early days I too got told off too for avoiding carbs ... We may have to create a naughty corner for naughty banders like us LOL. Anyway, all I can say from reading on this forum, that low carbs really does work for some people. However, I followed my surgeons guidance and don't consciously limit them at all (just leave them till the end of my meal, so I fill up more on the protein and veggies). That has worked for me ... Horses for courses ... What suits one bander may not suit another :rolleyes:

Thanks for thet. I have been eating protein first and have carbs in veg, salad, ryvita etc.

Think I'm just gonna avoid white carbs see how I go x

I like you lost big weight to begin with then stalled, put on, lost again, put on again. Was mad because I was doing it by the book blah blah blah but then I relaxed, listened to some great advice and just.....breathed!
I had zero restriction in a 14ml band and slowely have gotten up to 8.7ml and still am not that restricted. True I have maintained for 4 weeks but I really have not been giving my band focus, or weight loss, or water, or excercise, having a really busy time right now so ignore all that.
Point is when I chilled and ate CARBS!!! yes the devil, but for me that started me loosing weight again. My dietician told me to eat pitta breads, wraps, pasta and it worked!
I do think you need to keep your water up too that is important and excercise but to what you feel comfortable with and enjoy.
I guess what I am saying is the band is in now, its not going anywhere, the restriction/fill of the band does take time, in that time do not beat yourself up, eat healthy, allow yourself treats, and enjoy your life. Not stressing over it make it happen a lot quicker. I think ahead to a years time and what I would be happy with then and how many pounds it is going to take for me to get to that goal and I am on track and by the sounds of it you are too.
We are all different, what works for one does not work for the other, its a balance of finding what works for you. Personally I would not do atkins you need carbs, healthy complex carbs, but that is just me, if it works for you and you enjoy it, more power to ya sister!!

I like you lost big weight to begin with then stalled, put on, lost again, put on again. Was mad because I was doing it by the book blah blah blah but then I relaxed, listened to some great advice and just.....breathed!
I had zero restriction in a 14ml band and slowely have gotten up to 8.7ml and still am not that restricted. True I have maintained for 4 weeks but I really have not been giving my band focus, or weight loss, or water, or excercise, having a really busy time right now so ignore all that.
Point is when I chilled and ate CARBS!!! yes the devil, but for me that started me loosing weight again. My dietician told me to eat pitta breads, wraps, pasta and it worked!
I do think you need to keep your water up too that is important and excercise but to what you feel comfortable with and enjoy.
I guess what I am saying is the band is in now, its not going anywhere, the restriction/fill of the band does take time, in that time do not beat yourself up, eat healthy, allow yourself treats, and enjoy your life. Not stressing over it make it happen a lot quicker. I think ahead to a years time and what I would be happy with then and how many pounds it is going to take for me to get to that goal and I am on track and by the sounds of it you are too.
We are all different, what works for one does not work for the other, its a balance of finding what works for you. Personally I would not do atkins you need carbs, healthy complex carbs, but that is just me, if it works for you and you enjoy it, more power to ya sister!!

So very true x thanks x

Back