• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Lovely to have you with us BFM xx I think take it steady, even if you feel Ok you will be in pain rapid if you overstretch yourself in these early days.
Gentle pottering round the house only for a bit.
Have some peppermint tea, deflatine etc for wind pain relief as that is a killer.
Keep sipping your fluids and relax x

Thanks Neen, I have some deflatine here and tramadol and ibuprofen so hopefully between these I keep it together. Started to feel a little pain in the last hour but thats probably just the good meds from the hospital finally worn off :D

sipping away and have lots of innocent drinks and actimel type stuff in the fridge so will hopefully be cool as I love these anyway. xxx

Welcome BFM :D nice to have you on board. Glad to hear things have gone well so far.
Like Neen says take it easy early days, try after a week to start and incorporate some gentle exercise as the sooner this becomes routine for you the better. I started by walking very slowly for 1/4 mile at first if that's any help as to how gentle.
Don't push yourself too hard early days, and do listen to your provider they are there to help you so it's important you stick by their rules xxx
Good luck and try measuring your success as well as weighing, you'll be amazed when you see the inches fall off!!

Prepare for a journey of ups and downs hun, we've all had highs and lows
xxxxx

I'M HUNGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I WANT TO EAT AND EAT AND EAT AND EAT TODAY.
All head hunger as I can't keep much down, I want chocolate and cake and ice cream. I actually want some of my fruit salad and a little bit of ice cream on top which I know I can have but I have a horrible feeling if I have it I will still want more afterwards.
I'm hoping a bit of typing how I feel might help me address it and stop it.
Might go make a cuppa first and see how I feel after that.

Thanks for listening xxxx

dietician told me not to have them Neen :( she said it was meal replacement and to many cals :(
I tried to explain that I only had one scoop and half a pint of milk but she say no :(
Bit scared to go near it now
My coffee has helped. I'm going to do a job or two keep my mind occupied instead.xxxxxx

Well she's not helping when you need it most in a potential emotional eating episode though is she? Unless she is going to come over and restrict access to your kitchen in person !
I was thinking as a binge avoider in this instance sweetie, surely better than risking eating things you don't want to if you feel low x
See if you can run a nice bubbly bath later and indulge in nice body treats instead x

Oh dear Rache, was there something in the fruit salad that didnt sit well? x

I should be asleep right now after a busy day in London but .......................................................

Im off to Exeter in the morning too, not got to be there til 12 but its a good 3 hours of driving. Sat nav is on charge and bag is packed. I will be staying overnight and then will drive back on Friday :wave_cry:

I should get home in time to pick Tara up from school which is something I havent done for over a year!!!! So making the most of it while she still wants me to :cry:

Band is struggling this week, one minute its fine the next its not happy and once I've been sick nothing else goes down food wise the rest of the day. I've been having drier textured foods this week and I'm either eating them too quickly or having too much I can't work it out atm. Will jhave another careful day today see how I go. Good luck in Exeter drive safe luv xx

Yeah I'm gonna be careful today. Might be tricky at lunch as I have buffet lunch thru work today. In back to back meetings all day so at least I can't pick. Will drink plenty. Xx

Hi im a bandster ive had mine in 3 years ive lost 8 stone with about 3 to lose its a long struggle but if you work with your band you will see results . i dont rely on band anymore i make sure i do my exercise and watch what im eating but the beauty of the band is the flexibility is you can have defillm etc over holidays christmas etc and then start again so you can have a break from the restriction as well, i was so down the 1st year i stayed the same for 11 months the nhs appointment for my 1st year check said i was a band failure ! but with outsourced help ive found my happy medium and im fitter and healther now than i have ever been, so i really dont mind the fact its taken the scenic route, i did feel really down and depressed and wished id had the bypass at first but as ive gone along im so glad with my choice of band and onward and upward from here :) hope that helps x

Back