• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Hello all. Gosh a week has gone by and no one has posted - where are you all? Sorry I have not been posting much. I am stressed to the hilt - work, Mr TB not well, more work. I am exhausted to be honest.

Mr TB and I went to a concert last night. It was a bit of a disaster - one of the acts claimed he had lost his voice and could not perform. The other act was late arriving and Mr TB and I were deeply suspicious as to whether it was him or a good lookalike. Still for me it was sitting in the seat without feeling I was causing a major obstruction and feeling 'normal'. I seem to be losing inches in spurts at the moment.

I have an appointment with my provider for 14 October and will have to think whether I need another fill or not. I still have some days when I seem to lose everything I eat and other days when I can eat a lot but obviously nothing like the amount pre op so I think unless anything radical changes I will not have another fill for now. It will be a year since my op while I am on holiday and given all the trauma of that day I am glad I will be away. I have no regrets about what happened - my life has changed and I feel so much better. There is a long way to go but it will take as long as it takes:).

tranquil x

Ah, feeling a bit down atm I have to say! All my friends have really big things their going to this weekend - either music festivals of anime conventions - and normally I'd be going to one or the other. Instead I'm going to be at my mum's planning out my meals and r'n'r after my op on Tuesday. I know that, really, it's no contest between the two but I was meant to have had my op way before this time of year but had so much trouble with my hospital losing notes, not contacting me, consultant on holiday for months at a time, etc. So all the things I wanted to go to I've had to pass on.

As I said, I know it sounds silly, but my FB is full of my friends all getting excited about going away and doing fun things and I wish I was with them :-/ Just suppose I have to keep the bigger picture in sight really!

Thanks for letting me rant *lol*

Well, hello you gorgeous lot.. Hope your all well..

I dont get on often, simply because half the time i have nothing to report.. or nothing remotely interesting to say..

but that should change with my fingers crossed for the new beginning i want to take on board.. (job, driving, corrective surgery)

Oooh my weights been bouncing a good'en..

I go down to 10stone 10.. then bounce upto 11stone 2..

in out.. in out.. shake it all about..

Well tomorrow.. i have an appointment at Walsall Manor.. at 11am..

Today was excellent.. my little one started primary school.. im so proud..

I was told at my last appointment about corrective surgery.. with me being at my goal weight for the surgery.. but the plastic surgeon had gone home..

So hopefully tomorrow i will get a fill and see the plastic surgeon!

Fingers crossed.. I really need this.. my life has been turned upside down.. and round and round..

I guess i just want to start making the most of this new lease of life i've been given, without thinking my body is a burden..

Marie x

Well, hello you gorgeous lot.. Hope your all well..

I dont get on often, simply because half the time i have nothing to report.. or nothing remotely interesting to say..

but that should change with my fingers crossed for the new beginning i want to take on board.. (job, driving, corrective surgery)

Oooh my weights been bouncing a good'en..

I go down to 10stone 10.. then bounce upto 11stone 2..

in out.. in out.. shake it all about..

Well tomorrow.. i have an appointment at Walsall Manor.. at 11am..

Today was excellent.. my little one started primary school.. im so proud..

I was told at my last appointment about corrective surgery.. with me being at my goal weight for the surgery.. but the plastic surgeon had gone home..

So hopefully tomorrow i will get a fill and see the plastic surgeon!

Fingers crossed.. I really need this.. my life has been turned upside down.. and round and round..

I guess i just want to start making the most of this new lease of life i've been given, without thinking my body is a burden..

Marie x

Marie:hug99:nice to hear from you - been worrying about you. Will keep my fingers crossed everything goes well for you tomorrow.

tranquil x

Hi gals - firstly wanted to welcome Rosey to the banders bench!

Hope your having a good recovery from the surgery and are home now and recovering. Don`t forget to sip, sip, sip. You are going to do extremely well and we are all here to help and support you hun x

Mio - don`t be down hun x

I know you are feeling left out while your friends are doing all the things that you want to........but by this time next year, you`ll be having the social life of your life and getting tickets for everything going.
You don`t have long until your surgery now - so you will soon feel the benefits of the new you. Chin up hun x
We are with you all the way and things will soon be so much better for you. Your very nearly there sweetheart x

Marie - Lovely to see you about again! Bet you were the proud mummy with your son at the school gate; isn`t it an exciting world for them out there, and lots of new friends to make.
Hope all goes well for your appointment and they give you a date for your surgery.... as well as giving you the fill you need. So pleased everything is working out well for you and its all falling into place hun x

Tranquil - Sorry that work is still stressing you out.....hopefully you can hold on until your well-deserved holiday in a few weeks time. Good Luck for your appointment next month, hope you will by then have decided whether to have another fill or not. Hope Mr TB is feeling much better x

Well - I have been out of work for almost a month now since I fell downstairs and damaged my coccyx; and I don`t know when I`m going back......I want to go back, but I`m scared that I will collapse if I`m on my feet too long and the pain takes hold. Going to speak to my GP again tomorrow and get some guidance....maybe I could start back with some support for a while and/or shorter hours until its better. Just scared about going back and then...going sick again if I can`t ack it! Trouble is its a worrying thing with the jobs market and I can`t afford to lose mine.
My band seems to have settled down again at the moment. I rarely feel sick now.....and I have taken a leaf out of your book tb x and am eating much slower and chewing longer. All the things I had started with initially then life gets busy and when your rushing about, you don`t always stop to think about what you should do.....then the bad habits kick in if your not careful.

Have a good weekend everyone, take care its supposed to be a windy one!

Love Kat x

Hi Kat - I just typed a long response to your post and my screen crashed:cry:

Lovely to hear from you:hug99:. Your GP can support you by recommending a phased return to work under the new fitness for work note - so you could ease back in and see how you get on.

Mr TB is not well and I am finding it hard juggling work and caring for him. On top of that with Ming not leaving and it plunging us all into uncertainty around the restructure it is leaving me feeling very uneasy about things. They are probably going to have to do the whole thing again and this time reduce the number of people at my level even more so that she can stay. I feel very vulnerable.

Life is too short and if I get the chop so be it. It might be a good thing in some ways - new challenges. I have some money put away and the flat is mine - we will not starve for a few months:D.

I hope you can work something out Kat. Try not to worry.

tranquil x

Hi Kat - I just typed a long response to your post and my screen crashed:cry:

Lovely to hear from you:hug99:. Your GP can support you by recommending a phased return to work under the new fitness for work note - so you could ease back in and see how you get on.

Mr TB is not well and I am finding it hard juggling work and caring for him. On top of that with Ming not leaving and it plunging us all into uncertainty around the restructure it is leaving me feeling very uneasy about things. They are probably going to have to do the whole thing again and this time reduce the number of people at my level even more so that she can stay. I feel very vulnerable.

Life is too short and if I get the chop so be it. It might be a good thing in some ways - new challenges. I have some money put away and the flat is mine - we will not starve for a few months:D.

I hope you can work something out Kat. Try not to worry.

tranquil x

Thanks babe x

I must ask her about the phased return then - that sounds like my best option, such a worry when I hav`nt left my house for 4 weeks and am a bit scared to go out now....incase I fall over in the street. Don`t even know if I can drive yet or not.....must try not to panic!

Sounds like you are having a lot of work - related problems tranquil, of course the worry of looking after Mr TB is`nt helping.....its really difficult to know what to do for the best. If work lay people off do they offer any severence pay? Perhaps in the long run it may be your best option. All the stress and worry are not helping you or Mr TB. Hope things work out for you soon hun x

Off to bed soon - sleep tight....mind the bugs don`t bite!

Love Kat x

Hello-All.gif

Hi Julie - no-one else about today? Its gone very quiet again!

Well spoke to my GP at the end of last week, she agreed I could go back to work part-time......which is what I did today.
I did feel very nervous, even getting in the car to drive to work - and its only about 7-8 mins away.
Work was very good I must say and gave me support where I needed it, lets hope they keep it up until I am confident I can cope better and feel stronger.

Only did half a day.....felt shattered when I got home.....but felt better after having a rest after lunch.

TB - Hope the stress at work is not getting to you too much babe x Think you and me need to take up yoga to chill out!
Ha ha!

Hope everyone is okay at the beginning of a new week!

Love Kat x

Hi Julie - no-one else about today? Its gone very quiet again!

Well spoke to my GP at the end of last week, she agreed I could go back to work part-time......which is what I did today.
I did feel very nervous, even getting in the car to drive to work - and its only about 7-8 mins away.
Work was very good I must say and gave me support where I needed it, lets hope they keep it up until I am confident I can cope better and feel stronger.

Only did half a day.....felt shattered when I got home.....but felt better after having a rest after lunch.

TB - Hope the stress at work is not getting to you too much babe x Think you and me need to take up yoga to chill out!
Ha ha!

Hope everyone is okay at the beginning of a new week!

Love Kat x

It has been quiet in the banders section lately.....Glad ur first day went back ok and I hope e1 else is doing ok xxx

Hello all. Kat great news about getting back to work part time. Just take it slow and steady. Sorry I am not posting so much - work is hell and Mr TB is very unwell too. I am exhausted. Doc has increased the dosage of my new BP meds and they are swelling my feet so that is getting me down - I feel like I am back to square one. Just hope the two of us are well enough to get on the plane in November.

Hope everyone is ok.

tranquil x

Hello all. Kat great news about getting back to work part time. Just take it slow and steady. Sorry I am not posting so much - work is hell and Mr TB is very unwell too. I am exhausted. Doc has increased the dosage of my new BP meds and they are swelling my feet so that is getting me down - I feel like I am back to square one. Just hope the two of us are well enough to get on the plane in November.

Hope everyone is ok.

tranquil x

Hi tranquil sending you lots of love and hugs :hug99::hug99::hug99::grouphugg::grouphugg:

Hope things start looking better for you very soon!

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Hope everyone is ok.

tranquil x

136.gif

Big hugs to you Kat and Julie:hug99::hug99:. Well it looks like Ming is definitely staying - there was a glimmer of hope yesterday that she may go at Christmas - but that has been ruled out. So that is it. Needless to say my band has rebelled and I have been sick tonight.

I am going to start sorting out our stuff for the holiday. I am still determined I am not buying anything although I have seen some nice trainers so I may treat myself to those as I intend to do a lot of walking. Mom and Dad were given a dog last year - she is called Betsy. When Mr TB and I last visited she was about 3 months old and a handful. I sent my dad some cash to get her sterilised or whatever you call the dog equivalent but alas it was too late and she gave birth to 10 pups in May. 1 died overnight but the other 9 survived. Betsy got quite ill nursing them and in the end my mom and dad had to hand feed them. I still do not know to this day how they managed it - they are 76 and 75. They found homes for 7 of them and decided to keep 2, Belle and Bruno. They are a handful chewing everything in site. My dad cannot manage taking them for walks - luckily my mom and dad have land so they can get plenty of exercise. I want to take them out but do not want to get them used to it because mom and dad will not be able to do it once I am gone. Every time I speak to mom and dad they complain about them but I know they love them to bits - as well as company they are good guard dogs. So the trainers are for that really. Betsy is huge and the pups are going to be as big. I have worked out who the father is - he was always coming to the gate when we were there. He was a lovely looking dog - unfortunately he met a rather unfortunate death not long after Betsy gave birth. Bruno is the spitting image of his mom and Belle seems to have her dad's traits. Betsy seems to be a Doberman, Rotweiller (sp?) mix. She was really cute when we last saw her but I do not think she is so cute now just because she is huge:D.

Anyway focussing on the break will take my mind off other things.

Right I have rambled enough. I am going to bed.

Nite all.

tranquil x

Hi all - TB bad news about Ming, shame she has to stay.....would have been better if they had never said anything in the first place about it....instead of making all that drama for everyone!
Now you know she`s staying I hope things settle down at work for you.

Sounds like your folks have got their work cut out with all the puppies they have had to care for.....good thing they have found homes for them.
We had a doberman a few years ago. He was a rescue dog and literally a `bag of bones.` But a lovely dog and so loyal.
I`m sure Belle and Bruno will be great company for them.

Today, as it is my day off I have to arrange a few things....my poor dog has had to forgo his usual haircut pre-autumn a few weeks ago, but he will now be booked in as soon as possible. Something he does`nt look forward to at all!
I am going to try taking him for a short walk today, as I have neglected him over recent weeks.....although Ken has been very good at taking him out.

I`m going to try to get some more sleep as it is now 4.50am and it is catching up with me.
Night night for now x

Love Kat x

Back