• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Hello to you all, been reading your chats and thought this might be a good place to come and pick your brains,hope you dont mind.
I was banded on monday and my recovery is very slow compared to banders dairies,I think I might have gone through extra prodding during surgery as I went down for op at 9.30 and wasn't back in my room until 2 '0 clock,but I dont know how long i was in recovery room.they told me that they had had difficulty placing band and they nicked an artery as well that they had to stop bleeding.
I am getting better but progress is slow,feel a pressing in my stomach which makes me breathless still on codine and sleeping on and off all day.everyone seems to be really well at this stage .feel like i'm never going to get better! thanks for listening.xx:cry:

Hi Shelly and :welcome2:

Sorry that you had such a rotten time in surgery x

You will heal and feel better before long as Julie says you will need plenty of rest and give yourself extra time for your body to recover as you had extra problems with your operation.

I hope things settle down for you soon hun x :D

Don`t forget plenty of fluids and sip, sip, sip! :party0036:

Love Kat x

Morning all. Welcome Shelly. As Julie says- everyone has different recovery rates and your op had complications so just rest and take things easy.

Well I am still in deep shock. Last week things suddenly turned upside down at work. I was working from home and Ming rang me to discuss something and then said at the end of the conversation that she might be leaving at the end of the month after all. I saw her in the office the following day which would have been a week ago Friday. She then told me it was still all up in the air and that there would be a meeting on Monday night for a final decision. It was not sorted until Tuesday but on Friday an email announcing the final restructure was sent around and there was a short line - very short line in it that said she would be leaving at the end of the month. So it now appears to be official. I am not clear what changed - but something did. After all the interviews one person at my level lost their job which is very sad - but there could have been more. There are going to be a few more job losses at other levels and that should be finalised next week so things are very tense.

Mr TB insisted I buy a bottle of champagne to celebrate last week which I did and it is still sitting in the fridge. I cannot open it until I know she has finally gone. Mr TB is off to London to stay with his mom later this week as she has to have a minor op on Friday - so I guess the celebrating will wait until he is back which is a week tomorrow.

Not really sure how I feel now. If I was not still struggling with my health problems and feeling tired and stressed out then I would be turning cartwheels right now - but instead I feel very flat about it.

I need to take my holiday - get some sun relax and when I come back life will be very different. There are some huge things going on at work and with Ming going there is going to be a lot of things that I will be getting into which is new territory for me - it is stuff I should have been doing but she was blocking me from. Timing could have been better but it is time to step up to the plate.

My BP is still too high but it seems to be stabilising so I suspect I may need an increased dosage of something to satisfy the doc it is safe for me to fly. I am still having the odd sicky episode and my clothes are not getting any looser so I think I have hit a plateau. I am not worrying about it as there is too much going on right now to start fretting. A change of scenery with the holiday will help and when I am back I can start thinking about how I can get back into my stride again. I have not been out on the bike for a week or done much walking and I can feel the difference when I am not so mobile. I have a long way to go to get to a healthy BMI and it is slow going so I need to be patient and kind to myself for a change.

Well I have a ton of stuff to do for work so I better get going.

Have a blessed day all.

tranquil x

Thank you kit and TB for the welcome and advice just wasn't expecting to feel so ill and such a misery normally would cheer myself up with food now,once the sick feeling has gone i know i'll cope much better.off to the nurse tomoz to get staples removed yuck.thanks again,very kind of you to take the trouble to reply.xx

Wow and Wow TB!!

You certainly have discovered a hornets nest at work!

Hope it all figures out for you in the coming weeks. Also I hope Mr TB is coping and his mum has a good recovery from surgery.

I like the idea of the bottle of `champers` and I believe after all what you and Mr TB have been through - you certainly deserve it! He will soon be back with you and I hope you both relax and enjoy your celebrations!

You will probably find that the combination of having your long - awaited holiday as well as the changes at work (hopefully less stressful for you) will have a positive effect on your blood pressure)

Take care babe and try to sit back and relax a bit x

Shelly - Good luck for tomorrow with the staples coming out, I`m sure you will be much more comfortable afterwards hun x

Soon be my bedtime as I have an early start tomorrw, night night all xxx

Love Kat x

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Not only is Ming going but I have also been allocated a new secretary to start in 3 months...someone pinch me - I must be dreaming

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

Sorry not posting much - just sorting a few life things - but I will be back but probably not fully until after my hols - I will keep checking back to see how everyone is doing.

tranquil x

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Not only is Ming going but I have also been allocated a new secretary to start in 3 months...someone pinch me - I must be dreaming

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

Sorry not posting much - just sorting a few life things - but I will be back but probably not fully until after my hols - I will keep checking back to see how everyone is doing.

tranquil x

Who`s a happy bunny then!:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Fantastic news - and don`t you deserve it after all they have put you through!

Well done babe xxxxxxx

( take this down Miss Jones) ha ha :D:D

Love Kat x

Last edited:
Get a fill

Well I can't be recruited...:(

Still struggling after nearly 2 years.

I think and know there are people who can acheive it, a lady under my surgeon's care has lost 185lbs in 2 years but she is now struggling to maintain, but there is a percentage who sadly cannot do so well.

Both need just as much support and sometimes reading about other people's success can also be disheartening and lead to more feelings of failure.

Sorry if this seems to go against what you feel but I am just being honest and expressing my feelings.

I think if I was sruggling I would pay to have a fill and get back on track after all that's what we got the band for to help us so use it as a tool for your helping hand

Hello again I'm back!!
My goodness how time flies. Lovely to see new faces on here too :)
Life certainly has been a rollercoaster this year.... lots has now settled down and some will be a constant pain in my 'derry'
Maintenance issue has been resolved, I don't like it, but I've managed to minimise the monthly damage considerably, not enough to prevent problems unfortunately.
I've applied for HB at last......another massive hurdle jumped. I avoided the form filling for months, it truly terrified me.... just waiting on the outcome.
Daughter is now working :) and looking at universities!!!!
Other daughter is doing really well at school, couldn't ask for more really.
Car is still troubling me, and seriously considering selling it.
As ever I'm the same weight I've been for months!! I'm losing inches, gone down another dress size to a 20 which I'm dead pleased with, not really trying food wise, though have to say on the whole I'm eating well. Still working on the sweet tooth (will I ever defeat that beastie!!) Rarely sick these days, seem to have settled down well.
Dreadfully depressed still, yet another appt to see the doc regarding it booked for two weeks time. I'm convinced it's all hormonal, I am suicidal for at least one week a month and it's making life very difficult both at home and at work. (I would never for the record)
I don't cycle as much as it causes so much pain, but still do at least twice a week, it does help to make me feel better but is temporary.

I've not posted lately as I had to get stuff sorted with my car and my ex, I've been exhausted with the problems he's caused and his dad being about to die hasn't helped.
I'd love to say I'm happy to come out of the hole I'm hiding in, but right now I just want to shut out the world. I've even deleted FaceBook!!!(I must be ill)
As a result I now have some extra time to read the posts on here :) it's been nice to catch up with you all and I have to say my fave news on here is the demise of Ming!! TB I'm so pleased for you xxx

Aaw Rache - its great to see you back.....we never want you to dissapear for long.....you know we would only worry about you! Sounds like you have had a rotton time sorting out all the ex problems.....money is tight at the best of times.....but particularly now for everybody. Just hope you are managing hun x

Good to see you about as well Sarah - don`t be a stranger!

Tranquil is obviously ecstatic over all the work news.....and its so good to hear her so upbeat after all that she has been through! Bit to occupied to visit us here at the moment....though I daresay she will pop in when she gets a minute!

With all my ups and downs, I think I`m going to ask for another fill.....as I don`t think with all my effort, that my weight has budged for weeks....and its been getting me down! I know it hasn`t helped that I have been so immobile with my back, but I am feeling a little stronger again this week and I went out walking the dog for over an hour today as well as yesterday.
So I am thinking of very gently venturing back to the gym...and taking little steps to build upon! I guess I have to start somewhere and I really think if I make a bit of effort it will make all the difference.

Love Kat x

:DPops in

Hello all. I am sorry I am not on much but it is weeks to go to my hols, work is chaos even without Ming and my health is very poor so I am having weekly visits to the GP as well as hospital visits with Mr TB who has a new consultant who seems to want to get him on some medication that will help.

I got rid of my secretary for a week but her replacement found it too much so I have her back until they can sort something out. I can live with that:rolleyes:.

Rache great to see you. Big:hug99:. Kat glad you are a little more mobile but take it nice and easy. I am hoping once my hols are over and I am rested then I can keep up with you all.

Have a blessed day - off to start work:D

tranquil x

Thanks Kat and TB so much it's nice to be back I must say.
Like you TB work is manic right now, we've had a new intake of students and it's a huge intake this time :) great for figures but blimey loads of work!!
Kat I hope your back mends soon for you hun, cocyx problems have been the bain my life since childhood so can feel your pain flower. Baby steps is def the right path.

Feeling very tight and quite sick today, just had my three meals and half an apple today along with plenty fluids, not quite sure what the issue is, sure it will pass though.

xxxxx

Evening all. Hope everyone is well. I am frantically trying to cram in so much at the moment it is exhausting me. Well the problems with my bp lurch from bad to worse. I am now on more medication that I was on a year ago despite the weight loss. I had an appointment at the hospital on Friday and despite my reservations and after hearing about my bp problems I ended up having a fill - Mr M insisted. My weight loss is static hence his insistence on a fill. He put 2 ml in but after trying to drink water I immediately knew it was too much and he took 1 ml out. So I have 8 ml in a 14 ml band. I have been booked in to see him again as soon as I am back from my holiday and he wants to do another fill. He thinks I need more for the band to be more effective. I have been told to do one week liquids then one week mushies instead of two of each so I will have a week of trying solids before I fly. I just hope I do not struggle with this when I am back on solids. I am certainly feeling 'full' just on drinks.

Will pop back during the week if I get time:D.

tranquil x

great news about the fill hun, not so great news about the BP :( hope it settles more for you soon xxx
Is Ming now gone?

Work is crazy busy for me, it's led to a very tight band this last week. Still half term off for me next week :) I love a good light at the end of the tunnel.
I made something this weekend I've never tried before :)
Key Lime Pie!!
Yes I know it's not on the plan post band.... god it was gorgeous!!
I watched the Great British Bake off series and was inspired to make something totally new!!
I've banished puddings in our house, did it about a month ago much to my girls disgust. We now have one a month (unless of course there's a special birthday or occasion) and I thought it would be nice to make something new for a change.
Body seems to be doing something weight wise now.... I've been dipping into the 17 stone range the last couple of weeks!! It's so nice to see. I got completely disheartened. I would be excellent and stick with 'it' for a couple of weeks and not lose a pound, then not stick with 'it' and still stay the same weight so I got to the point of why bother?!!
I really do eat well, at my last appointment at the hospital she was chuffed to bits with me when I explained an average week for her. I'm no saint..... never let that be said, and I told her that too (no point fibbing)
I'm sure I'll get there in the end.
My friend is a swimming instructor and in half term has agreed to help me to learn how to swim better, also hoping she'll show me the front crawl. As it's getting closer to dark nights and mornings I thought it would be safer to swim in the morning before work than cycle to work in the dark. Not as cheap but as I've been written to saying I'm entitled to HB that small extra cash flow is now here for me. (sooooo happy about it, such a relief!!)
So I'll be back in the pool soon :)

Have a great week all xxxx

I'm not posting much, but when I can I do my best....The forum has brought me much love and I want to thank everyone on this site...I love it!

Sent from Rosey!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 17
great news about the fill hun, not so great news about the BP :( hope it settles more for you soon xxx
Is Ming now gone?

Work is crazy busy for me, it's led to a very tight band this last week. Still half term off for me next week :) I love a good light at the end of the tunnel.
I made something this weekend I've never tried before :)
Key Lime Pie!!
Yes I know it's not on the plan post band.... god it was gorgeous!!
I watched the Great British Bake off series and was inspired to make something totally new!!
I've banished puddings in our house, did it about a month ago much to my girls disgust. We now have one a month (unless of course there's a special birthday or occasion) and I thought it would be nice to make something new for a change.
Body seems to be doing something weight wise now.... I've been dipping into the 17 stone range the last couple of weeks!! It's so nice to see. I got completely disheartened. I would be excellent and stick with 'it' for a couple of weeks and not lose a pound, then not stick with 'it' and still stay the same weight so I got to the point of why bother?!!
I really do eat well, at my last appointment at the hospital she was chuffed to bits with me when I explained an average week for her. I'm no saint..... never let that be said, and I told her that too (no point fibbing)
I'm sure I'll get there in the end.
My friend is a swimming instructor and in half term has agreed to help me to learn how to swim better, also hoping she'll show me the front crawl. As it's getting closer to dark nights and mornings I thought it would be safer to swim in the morning before work than cycle to work in the dark. Not as cheap but as I've been written to saying I'm entitled to HB that small extra cash flow is now here for me. (sooooo happy about it, such a relief!!)
So I'll be back in the pool soon :)

Have a great week all xxxx

Hey Rache - that key lime pie sounds gorgeous.....yummy hunny! :drool:

Have you made any plans with the girls for half-term? I never know when the school holidays are unless someone tells me, guess that will change when the littlun starts school (grand-daughter....tho I guess you realised it wasn`t mine! he he :8855:)

Lovely to see your weight is dipping downwards.....just got to let it happen more frequently so that it becomes the norm...until you get towards the `16`

Well I still havn`t got hold of my dietician yet! I feel like I`m in stagnation at the moment.....I know I need another fill.....just got to make the time and contact her again!

Went to see an old friend of mine today. Poor thing has been terrified by a monster who rang her pretending he was a police officer from the fraud squad.....persuaded her that someone had got into her account (knew all her private details etc) and was siphoning her money out! This bloke told her to withdraw a large sum of money and to take it home where he would contact her again and tell her to open a new account.....she was so worried and not thinking straight she went and withdrew this money out. (Money she could ill afford as she has only been widowed 18 months and needs every penny for her bills etc) Any road she decided when she got home after giving it all some thought....that something wasn`t right....so she rang the police to check, this was obviously a scam and the police did go and see her and advise her not to speak on the phone to this person again....but it has left her very shook up all the same. I told her to put her phone on answerphone and not to answer to anyone. Ignore any messages he leaves or leave them for the police to handle; and just make sure she keeps the house secure all the time.
I also took her to the bank to pay her money back in again, and fortunately we saw the bank manager who she has known for years and he was really helpful and helped settle her a bit!
Anyway I phoned her again this evening and left her a message....just glad she took the advise not to answer!

Makes you think though don`t it?

Best get off to bed soon as an early start, night night xx

Love Kat x

Kat that's shocking, your friend must be terrified! Scum like that need flogging!!
There's nothing much happening here, it's half term this week so I'm working at the playschemes, can't wait until payday as it'll buy the majority of my xmas presents. The Rosemary Conleys 'Eat yourself slim' book has arrived today so I'm going to give it a try as I'm fed up with my static weight.
Take care everyone x

Morning all, I thought I needed to post on here as the title says banders united. I feel there is so much negativity about the band going round at the moment and even worse all negative about my provider :'( I am only 7 days post op and so far they have been good to me and I am recovering really well but I just need someone to say don't worry it works for me (I know u also need to work at it). I don't know just too much negativity I felt. Rant over sorry.

Back