• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Evening all. I have had a crap day. Remember I said about waiting for the sky to fall in at work - well it fell in today:cry:.

I am not going to get too down about it. I keep thinking there are a lot of people a lot worse off than me - so this is a glitch and I will survive it and move on.

I am having varied days with the band following my defill. I still have the odd moment of being sick but that is if I eat something that sticks and as much as I love chicken and eggs they are now off my list as they are the worst culprits. I am going to start posting on the food and exercise thread from Monday to help get me into a routine again. It really helped before.

So come on bandits as miserable said - lets help each other:grouphugg::D.

tranquil x

PS thanks to all the people who post on this thread and encourage and support - it is much appreciated:)

TB - try to stay positive. Maybe all of us banders should start posting again on the food thread - to help other banders and to keep our own focus too I have to admit though, if I were to post on there today it would not look as good as it should do as I would have to include 5 chocolates eaten rapidly but not enjoyed ... silly thing is I really do prefer savoury rather than sweet food now. Oh well, we are all human...maybe we just need to get some things out of our systems x

I log every morsel on my fitness pal religiously, good or bad so feel free to view if you use it.

when my band was tight I identified chicken n egg to be the baddies and gave them a rest yet I'm ok again now, now it's eased up!

not sure if to have small fill or not this month...decisions decisions!!!!! :)

My lack of exercise is getting to me. I am due at the hospital at the end of the month and I want a little put back in - back to the level of my last but one fill - the extra from my last fill was clearly too much and given what happened when I had my defill I am not sure what is in my band now:(.

tranquil x

I log every morsel on my fitness pal religiously, good or bad so feel free to view if you use it.

when my band was tight I identified chicken n egg to be the baddies and gave them a rest yet I'm ok again now, now it's eased up!

not sure if to have small fill or not this month...decisions decisions!!!!! :)

Likewise, I use an app to track everything I consume. It really works for me and has stopped me wasting my £6K. I set myself a target when I had my band fitted of consuming 1200 to 1500 calories per day (based on my current weight but as high as 1700 per day when I first started) which should mean I am on track to loose 1.5 to 2lbs per week. I try to stay around the 1100-1200 which means that even when I have more to eat/drink, I am still probably going to loose those excess pounds because my consumption remains within my higher limit. Such an approach may not work for everyone, but it has definitely worked for me over the past 6 months. The best thing is that I do have my treats and writing them down puts everything into perspective. Helps me avoid saboutaging myself, if I think I have potentially blown things.

Reading threads on this forum and speaking to my consultant/dietician made me realise very early on in this journey, that the band and band fills will not do everything for me - I took their advice and made a conscious choice to change my lifestyle and approach to work with the band, rather than rely on it .

I really do love my band and am pleased I had it - mostly because of the feeling of self-control I have now regained over my life :)

Nicely said flutterby xxx

watching biggest looser UK. I do like those programs but do get annoyed at how people are judging overweight people! It seems everyone else with addiction get sympathie but the overweight people. Anyway, me and the OH aren't finding our mojo at the moment and it really frustrated me and I want to turn to my old friend food but can't and don't really want to. But I have come to realise i don't know what to do with myself. I use to have food, now I don't have it, what do I replace it with? Need to find some coping and alternative system. So any ideas? Otherwise, I have joined this website, groupon, it's amaizing and I just got myself 10 passes for LA Fitness to be used within 6 weeks! So swimming pool and running machine here i come. Plus it will give me a good start to the year and also see if i like going to the gym regularly before i think about joining one as they tie you in for a year or even two. I don't like getting tie into something... So will see. How is everyone today?

Morning all. Mis getting into the exercise is a good idea and trying a gym without tying yourself into a long contract is ideal. How about taking up a new hobby or going back to an old one? I am trying to stick to three meals a day but struggle with anything solid until the evening which is not good. A routine may stop picking or eating the wrong things later which is my problem at the moment.

tranquil x

Have_A_Nice_Weekend.gif

Helllooooo everyone :)
Been reading back and it's nice to see some new people on here. Sorry I've not been on, there have beeen a few reasons, mostly cos of being unwell.
Soooo TB had a lovely break :) fab I'm so pleased huni, you needed it.
BD you sound like you've been in the wars too!! I hope you are on the mend now luvvie xx
Life in Coventry has been up and down the last few months. Work was crazy busy. The turnover of staff on my team is ridiculous and I'm feeling the strain of training new people over and over again. I really hope my manager can address the problem this year as I am unable to continue doing the amount of work I have been doing.
I've been doing really well with my exercise, swimming 3 times a week and I now do half a mile which takes me about 32-35 minutes. It is enough at the moment, though I am being encouraged to start pilates by the back people I see, I just couldn't do it this week as I was soooooo cold. I've been bone cold this week, not sure why as I'm normally such a hot bod. Maybe it's something to do with returning to work and therefore stress and it making me a little under the weather, I don't know but I can't keep making excuses so next week I WILL go :)
Just before christmas my band became uncomfortably tight. It was a combination of many factors, the father in law finally died, so I had to face the ex and his family at the funeral. (I wasn't welcome at the service, but was allowed to attend the wake) the sillyness of the ex and his ever continuing efforts to control all I do and all other people think of me was very upsetting for me and the girls. I'm so glad its all over and done with. The drive down there was scary, the weather was horrendous. Seeing family I haven't seen in many years was strange too, but I was welcomed with open arms, one of my sisters in law even asking to come up and see me for a visit this year!!
So I guess all that combined with my daughters birthday, my birthday and christmas all rolled into one made for an extremely tight band to the point I couldn't even drink water. I think in two days I managed to consume the equivalent of one small mug of fluid. Consequently I went in on the 23rd and had a ml removed, doctor was shocked at how tight I was. I'm still bruised to this day!!
Anyway I can now eat and drink anything again. I'm not and am conscious of my newly formed habits, however with xmas and new year extras were consumed that wouldn't normally be available to me.
I can't tell you how lovely it was to be able to have xmas dinner (still on a side plate) I savoured every morsel :)
Tell you something though the discomfort of eating more carbs and drinking the odd glass of fizzy pop definately affected my stomach. It's still swollen, and I'm still getting the odd cramp. Still it'll ease once I'm back on the straight and narrow. I've stopped the heavy carbs again now, as much because I didn't like how sluggish they make me feel as anything else.
I spoke to the hospital new year and I've decided to ait and see if I need any more putting back in once the work life routine is back to normal. I think it would be a good idea for me to begin using all my aquired skills (eating slowly, right foods, smaller bites etc) and seeing if I can now begin to manage myself with this lower restriction, as ultimately I need to stop relying on the band so much and being able to cope myself. Hosp was happy to do that and stressed that should I feel it isn't working to go back to them. Time will tell.
Compared to me 2 years ago I have now lost 47% of my excess weight!!! I am so happy with that and feel like a different person. I even went on a date last week!!!!! Haha no need for a new hat tho ladies.
Life is improving, I will continue to take my baby steps, but blimey how far have I come now :D

Have an amazing weekend everyone xxxxx

welcome back Rache :)

Welcome back Rachel, it sounds like you've been though it a bit in the last few months! It's nice to see you posting again. I've had some time away too but I've missed seeing how you're all getting on, so I've come back too. Together we can all do this!

Hi Rache lovely to see you posting. I can so relate to the too tight band and had to have a defill too the week before Christmas. I am realising just how much stress can turn the thing into a ligature. I am now trying to remain as calm as possible to see if that helps. I know if I am really stressed I just end up being sick on what ever I eat so I just don't eat and that is not a good route. I am due at the hospital in the next two weeks and I am going to have a little put back in and really go for it.

Your ex is a real SOB. I hope you have finally got rid of the creep. Just remember as your girls get older the less grip he will have. Mr TB's ex is of a similar vein. He has a son who is now 22 and she uses the fact they have a son to constantly beat him with - that was until we had a crisis at Christmas. She suddenly realised she no longer had that pawn to play with and we have not heard from her or the son since. I feel sorry for Mr TB as his son has decided he is going to side with his mother - but he is an adult - it is his choice. When the penny drops for your ex he is going to regret his actions - but you will at last be free.

Kepp posting honey - we can all get through this together:grouphugg:

tranquil x

Hello everyone:D. I am in pain hell so not posting much. Following my defill things have not felt right. Either my port has moved or that numpty who allegedly knew what he was supposed to be doing who did the defill has damaged something - but I am living on painkillers. Before anyone jumps on me for calling him a numpty he knew he was struggling and kept apologising as he was causing me a great deal of pain.

I am just going to wait until my next appointment which is 2 weeks tomorrow and get the consultant to sort it as I really do not want to be messed around any more. Call me stupid for sitting here in pain but the consultant moves fairly quickly when there is a problem.

Hope you are all well. Come on bandits - where are you all...it cannot just be me and Blue Diamond...surely???

tranquil x

Hello everyone:D. I am in pain hell so not posting much. Following my defill things have not felt right. Either my port has moved or that numpty who allegedly knew what he was supposed to be doing who did the defill has damaged something - but I am living on painkillers. Before anyone jumps on me for calling him a numpty he knew he was struggling and kept apologising as he was causing me a great deal of pain.

I am just going to wait until my next appointment which is 2 weeks tomorrow and get the consultant to sort it as I really do not want to be messed around any more. Call me stupid for sitting here in pain but the consultant moves fairly quickly when there is a problem.

Hope you are all well. Come on bandits - where are you all...it cannot just be me and Blue Diamond...surely???

tranquil x

Hi Tb

Sorry to hear your in pain, is there not any chance that you can see the consultant any sooner then two weeks?? Just the thought of being in pain for one night is bad enough let alone 14 nites. Wishing you all the best hun - Wonder where all the banders have gone
:confused::confused::confused: Wishing you all the best - MeJulie xx

Hi Tb

Sorry to hear your in pain, is there not any chance that you can see the consultant any sooner then two weeks?? Just the thought of being in pain for one night is bad enough let alone 14 nites. Wishing you all the best hun - Wonder where all the banders have gone
:confused::confused::confused: Wishing you all the best - MeJulie xx

:hug99:Thanks Julie. I am being stupid. I am going to ring tomorrow and speak to the consultants secretary who is really nice. I will beg and see if I can be seen sooner:D. I wonder where the bandits have all gone:confused:. I would not have got through the last year without all your support. If you are struggling it is good to post - maybe we can help.

Love to you all

tranquil x

:hug99:Thanks Julie. I am being stupid. I am going to ring tomorrow and speak to the consultants secretary who is really nice. I will beg and see if I can be seen sooner:D. I wonder where the bandits have all gone:confused:. I would not have got through the last year without all your support. If you are struggling it is good to post - maybe we can help.

Love to you all

tranquil x

Hello again Tb , I think your doing the right thing by not leaving it especially if your experiencing pain. I dont know where all the bandits have gone, maybe some have gone away, gone back to work, who knows, I am sure they will post when they are good and ready and we can all get this section back to up to where it was. Let me know how you get on tomorrow with your call - Wishing u all the best - Julie xx

awe your welcome Tb - I am happy to lend an ear to anyone, ( not that they are any good as I wear a deaf aids,ha ha ha) lol - but you know wot I mean xxx

Back