• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Evening all. Well it is the countdown to Christmas. I remember this time last year. I was recovering from my op and not looking forward to the drive to London. This year it is full on at work and I am looking forward to Friday, packing up the car and heading off for a change of scenery. Both Mr TB and have been really unsettled since we got back from our long break. We miss the warmer weather. We both realise we hate the winter with a passion. Oh well - if our lottery numbers come up the first thing we will do is find a home in the sun - probably Majorca. We had a holiday there a few years ago and fell in love with the place...we can dream...

I hope you all have a blessed Christmas.

tranquil x

PS -did you notice I did not mention food in this post;)

Hello All,

Ok I am miserable today and grumpy! Ok please be warn that if you keep reading there is TMI going. I have not been to the bathroom for 3.5 days and i feel so bloated and i can't shift it and don't know what to do? I have try a sirop but does not seems to be doing anything... Any suggestion? Sorry for the moan but I feel like stones!! So heavy and my belly looks like 12 months pregnant and i am not!!! :( :( :(

Have you not considered a laxative?

The sirop was a laxative....

I'd try something else then hun, I've used dulcolax in times of need!!

Me too BY, plus I now have a cold!!! But on a positive note tomorrow is my last working day of the year yeah :):):)

Well I ll rest after 27 once we come home. On the other hand on Thursday u ll see my patents which I have not seen since April! I hope they see a difference in me :) what are your Christmas plans?

Nice sometimes to have it quiet. Enjoy :)

Well I have reach devon safely. Merry Christmas everyone ccc

Evening or should that be morning as it is gone midnight. Well today was the last day with my horrible secretary. It was the last minute dramas but I decided to let it go over my head. So Ming is gone and so is she...I keep waiting for the sky to fall in as I cannot quite believe they are both gone from my working life.

So Mr TB and I cracked open a bottle of champers to celebrate. In fact we are celebrating life all this weekend. I have a headache after my share - not used to it. But who cares - we are celebrating a year gone and the new one to come. We are house hunting at the moment. Unfortunately Mr TB's health is rapidly deteriorating and the flat is no longer an option. We are going to move to Brum to be near to my sisters so I will have some support as things are likely to get very rough. I feel sad about leaving my home but I have to to do the best for Mr TB.

Happy New Year to all my fellow bandits;):D.

tranquil x

Walks in quietly and sits down...wonders where everyone is:sigh:.

Happy New Year bandits. I am feeling like billy no mates as no one else is posting on this thread - where are you all???

I hope you all survived the festivities. It is always a bad time of the year for everyone. We all overdo it and then spend time regretting it - but it is time to move on. We have a little help to get rid of the gained poundage. It does not help that the next few months are probably the worst in the year. Dark days and nights - it has been dreary here today. But you know what - this is a time that can be very useful. I have noticed during the winter months that people take less notice - everyone is wrapped up against the cold weather that they do not look at body size. So this is a time to really attack things on the weight front. Have a good look at what you are consuming - great time to stack up on protein and vegetables in hot soups, stews and casseroles - leaving out the carbs. Don't feel like braving the gym - time to break out the wii or some other exercise machinery disguised as a clothes horse and exercise in the comfort of your warm home. Looking for a distraction from the biscuit barrel - look for a new hobby or the new season of programmes on the tv. It is easy to go into seige mentality against the winter months and eat more - but it does not have to be that way. For those who have had the band for a while look at your restriction - is it giving you the right results? Assess - is it you - too many sliders - carbs? Is it time for a fill?

So much of this is about having a positive mental attitude. Do not let the excesses of the festive season drag on for the next few months - you owe it to yourself having got the tool to use it wisely. By the spring you could be seeing some great results:D.

tranquil x

Walks in quietly and sits down...wonders where everyone is:sigh:.

Happy New Year bandits. I am feeling like billy no mates as no one else is posting on this thread - where are you all???

Happy New Year 2 u 2 TB xxx and a prosperous 2012 xx

I hope you all survived the festivities. It is always a bad time of the year for everyone. We all overdo it and then spend time regretting it - but it is time to move on. We have a little help to get rid of the gained poundage. It does not help that the next few months are probably the worst in the year. Dark days and nights - it has been dreary here today. But you know what - this is a time that can be very useful. I have noticed during the winter months that people take less notice - everyone is wrapped up against the cold weather that they do not look at body size. So this is a time to really attack things on the weight front. Have a good look at what you are consuming - great time to stack up on protein and vegetables in hot soups, stews and casseroles - leaving out the carbs. Don't feel like braving the gym - time to break out the wii or some other exercise machinery disguised as a clothes horse and exercise in the comfort of your warm home. Looking for a distraction from the biscuit barrel - look for a new hobby or the new season of programmes on the tv. It is easy to go into seige mentality against the winter months and eat more - but it does not have to be that way. For those who have had the band for a while look at your restriction - is it giving you the right results? Assess - is it you - too many sliders - carbs? Is it time for a fill?

Still no fill required for me;) - still maintaining really well, had lovely chrimbo dinner :D - I know what u mean about ppl taking less notice when ppl wrap up over the winter months, for some strange reason I was the opposite lol, I had many layers of clothing on and when I saw my reflection I thought Jesus I look like i gained weight ( till I took it all off of course) lol..........went back into hospital boxing day and ended up on nebulizer, steroids and antibiotics needless to say I didn't venture out socially over the festivities and will be heading back to the docs as soon as they are open as my bronchitis is still not shifting :rolleyes: apart from me chest I feel kinda ok, on a sadder note I am back on my asthma inhaler until this all clears up or I be in hosp every day on nebulizer which although helpful something I would want to avoid ...... had a very quiet new year ( stayed in and watched the fireworks on the telly, I'm a cheap date lol ) I hope e1 had a wonderful christmas and has a very bright 2012 - Much love 2 u all xxx

Aww Julie:hug99:. You always hope with the weight off that your health gets better. I hope things get sorted for you soon. It must be a terrible worry. Keep dropping by - you, Neen, Mazza and CC are my greatest inspirations. We fledgling bandits need all the advice and support we can get.

Take care of yourself.

tranquil x

Aww Julie:hug99:. You always hope with the weight off that your health gets better. I hope things get sorted for you soon. It must be a terrible worry. Keep dropping by - you, Neen, Mazza and CC are my greatest inspirations. We fledgling bandits need all the advice and support we can get.

Take care of yourself.

tranquil x

Awe tyvm TB It can only get better eh hun ;)xx I am only to happy to help anyone I can TB. xx

You are both helping lots, so thank you very much. I wish you all health, love happiness and let's be honest most importantly, some fashion clothes to feel on top of the world in :) xxx

Evening all,

two days back to work and I need a break :) oh well just think about summer holidays and skinny clothes yeah :)

So what are your goals???? I want to wear dressed, shorts, boots that can fit above my ankles!!!

So how is life in the banders world? What are you struggles how can we help each other focus re-focus each other? I am struggling because I have no restriction yet, despite having 5ml in a 10ml band. But i am having my next fill on 21st jan so hopefully this will kick start my weight loss again and hopefully will soon be able to see the 12s!! Got can't wait. But I have to say, for the first time, I did not think about food, weight, chocolate over xmas and just relaxed and enjoyed life and family and enjoyed food for what it is, nothing more nothing less and I did not put weight any weight on despite not doing any exercise.

So let's help each other and keep each other motivated and on the right track as a great lady has said one day at the time :) xxx

Back