• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Thankyou Allie ! Much appreciated xxx

still here!!

hi im still here still struggling!! the band is never the easy option just because you have a band fitted your bad cravings dont go over night, i still love chocolate !! I must admit i had my band nearly 16 months ago and i did expect to loose more, i was always at the clinic having fills because i honestly havnt ever felt good restriction!! I for the last prob 6 months have felt like a failure however hopefully this will all change next thursday as my surgeon has discovered a leak somewhere round the port area so i have to have it replaced !!! I have a 14 ml band and my band always seems to have 8mls in it, it seems to stop there? I do intend to keep at it, i diddnt pay all this money to fail myself!! So i am lurking here and hopefully i will be here still in one two or even three years at my goal weight!!! ps its great to hear some of the oldies still are plugging away!!! well done!! love alison x

just a sugestion it may not work but what about 1 night a week have a BANDERS CHAT in the chat room ?? all banders to share experiences ask questions ect live online. but this would only work if ppl commit and turn up at the designated set times, ppl can get lapse and see it as unimportant and not turn up, it may work just on me suggestion box soz xx

Hi Alison!! Don't lurk honey!!! Keep posting :D
It was a disappointment to me that it has taken so long to only get half way, part of the reason I posted this was I would love to see reassurance from goal banders that I don't have to settle for only half way there and I can go the distance!!!
I'm glad your problem has been identified and lets hope once the replacement is done, you can enjoy a proper working band with a good fill level. I hope so hun as it's hard enough when the flipping thing is working, let alone leaks making it even more difficult.
I'm really glad you posted xxx Thank you

I think the chat for banders is a great idea Liz, like you say it can sometimes fizzle out but if we pick a day and time most people can get online for , I think it's a really helpful idea x

well lets do it. put the feelers out see which evening suits the majority of banders on here and from what time.. see if any one is actually interested in this 1st ;) x

can i just ask, how come there are different sizes of band, is it cos of different size stomachs, or is there another reason, imjust been nosy, lol

can i just ask, how come there are different sizes of band, is it cos of different size stomachs, or is there another reason, imjust been nosy, lol

It depends on the manufacturer, my 1st band was a 7ml, my 2nd a 9ml, it doesnt matter really, just the bigger the band the more fill is needed to get good restriction x

Just wondered if anyone has heard from Gaynor lately? And Jenny (Quetiapina) These are a couple long term member banders who have stopped posting as much/altogether... there are loads more. If any of you are reading , please can you come back? Either to get support or share tips on how you beat stalls if you went on to lose more weight?
Also...if you are struggling just come back and let's put our heads together and come up with some ideas to get things moving again xxxx

Great thread!

I am about a stone and a half off of my goal.

I would love to hear from long term banders as we all need inspiration and help from time to time.

I am eight months out and doing ok although the losses have slowed right down and every pound is a struggle. I have only lost 3lb in the last month but at least I am not putting on!

I don't consider myself a long term bander and certainly no expert but happy to assist with my experiences so far.

Thanks Lisa x I think it would be great for us non newbies to have someone further along the line than we are to ask things....I have not seen anyone AT goal or maintaining long term goal with a band on this site at all recently. That can make it very difficult I think for someone having problems to be reassured that yes it is achievable.
Hopefully people like yourself and Mazza (I know there are others) who are almost at goal, will stay around after to help and share how you did it in the long term and also how maintenance goes too...long term band fills etc. I think it would be fantastic to have that wealth of experience , good and bad x Cheers for reading Lisa x

And I just wanted to say that you, Caz and Liz have lost lots more weight than me all 3 of you have inspired me and your advice has always been fantastic. Big thanks to the 3 of you x

Thanks love but to me it's all relative..you have really changed your lifestyle.
I know exactly why I am taking ages to lose my weight...I still comfort eat, miss exercise, treat meals change to treat weekends etc. I know I have to sort my head out and take responsibility for the times I am not being sensible about what I'm doing or I will never finish the loss part of the journey...got to drop my baggage and stop blaming my past for remaining fat.
It is just really such a long process for banders..you look at bypassers post op and think...why can't that happen to me?? Why did I go for the long way?
But if the band was never successful then no-one would still be putting them in...that's why I would love people who do have success with their bands and have gone through all the same stalls and problems and yet still succeeded, could come and join us and mentor us to do the same.
Knowledge is power ain't it :p

Hello All

I know I am not a long term bander(I am hoping too be,)But I just wanted to input (hope thats ok) I was offered the bypass, and yes I know its a faster weight loss etc and I know I have had a stall in my weight loss and I also had to have my port revised this week also which delayed my first fill for 2 weeks, But I tell you something ppl I dont regret having my band put it , to be frank I love it I still get excited (if thats the right word,lol) when I eat and I think oooooo is that all I have eaten and yet I fill full and satisified, No I dont miss being fat, bloated, thighs chaffing, ppl staring or that uncomfortable feeling when I have over eaten etc, and if the band I have gets working again and I continue to lose weight I will be over the moon. Some ppl I know say " dont u wish you should have had the bypass" and I say a big fat NO. I am happy and it works for me and thats all that matters, So here's to me wanting too be a long time bander and join the crew.

All the best - MeJulie x x

Julie that is brilliant ! People like you are really helpful because I think it is so easy to get caught up in what is wrong with the band that we totally dismiss or forget what is great about one, like you said and I agree...when we eat the right sorts of food , having that full feeling is brilliant on such a small amount of food...it feels normal and the feeling that food is not controlling you is so amazing.
I hope that you continue towards your goal once your problems are put right as you have a fantastic attitude and that is what inspires others to really make a go of the band for themselves too xxx Thanks love

I have been thinking about what you have been saying on here; and I must admit have felt quite nervous about going ahead with my band operation. I have started the second day of my pre-op diet and am already finding it quite difficult to cope without proper food. I just hope I can cope with the obstacles that come my way once I have it done. I have taken great faith in how a lot of banders have done so far. But I wonder if I will be able to stay the course.
I really want this surgery and to be given the chance to get slimmer and healthier, but I do need it to be a final solution to my weight and health problems.

Kat

Back