• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Hello banders!

Ive had a rubbish stressful day at work which has resulted in Ulrika band tightening!

Ive posted this in my diary too but I have started to calorie count in a bid to shift the last stone and a half to get to my 'for now' goal.

Havent managed to eat my allowance today due to band tightening but its really made me re think about what Im putting in!

Hope everyone else is ok x

neen, i think what your doing for the banders is great, there isnt enough support and guidance for you all. in fact i think with the positive way you approach everything, you should have 'bander ambassador' under your profile picture. well done and congrats on helping and getting more banders to post. big hugs xxx

gr8 videos cc thanks for posting xx

Hi lovey! It's so weird when the band feels tighter in times of stress isn't it?

Mine has felt tighter again recently, guess we just have to keep an eye on it.

I wouldn't worry about your cals for yesterday, you might find you are hungrier later this week and it will balance itself out.

How did Zumba go? I got my DVDs out and I fully intend to do the beginners one which shows each step in 3 parts...Dean wants to do it with me :D

Have a fabulous day x

Hello banders!

Ive had a rubbish stressful day at work which has resulted in Ulrika band tightening!

Ive posted this in my diary too but I have started to calorie count in a bid to shift the last stone and a half to get to my 'for now' goal.

Havent managed to eat my allowance today due to band tightening but its really made me re think about what Im putting in!

Hope everyone else is ok x

Hugs Dawny xxxx Thanks love, just trying to redress the balance a bit. I get a lot of motivation to keep going myself by helping other people out.

I think if you celebrate others success your subconscious helps you follow suit , so it's good on all levels for us all to support each other.

We are all in the same predicament and it's a difficult journey so hopefully more banders will come and draw support and share tips for success like the bypassers and sleevers do so well.

neen, i think what your doing for the banders is great, there isnt enough support and guidance for you all. in fact i think with the positive way you approach everything, you should have 'bander ambassador' under your profile picture. well done and congrats on helping and getting more banders to post. big hugs xxx

I just changed the title to reflect that I hope more banders from every stage of the process and beyond will post often and support each other.

Hopefully we can keep this and the other band threads lively and avoid them being buried so we can all get the benefit of each others' help and encouragement rather than leave the site feeling isolated and frustrated when times get tricky.

Let's show that success is just as attainable with a band !

Morning Neen

I am absolutly starving this morning and really, really enjoyed by Body Balance class, lovely stretching, bending and toning and 8 minutes of relaxation at the end - ahhhhhhh ;)

Zumba was good fun but I hurt my knee, probably because half the time I didnt know which way I was going!

So this week Im doing gentler exercises, I do suffer with knee and ankle pain - beleive it or not from when i was super skinny and didnt have enough fat to cushion my joints!

Hope you have a good day too x

It's just as important to do exercise that helps calm you too though isn't it?

I fancy pilates or yoga (got enough flipping DVDs to open a health and fitness branch of blockbuster!!!) lol

Are you going back to Zumba when your knee's better?

When I was skinny I would knock myself out almost every night on the step ( not a machine, just a free step) with ACDC blasting out of the speakers...lol what a combination .
Actually it matches rhythm wise pretty well :D

Our rowing machine is arriving today and we have a free gift with it...looks like a medicine ball with a dvd workout to go with it so I shall try that!

I'm having my cinnamon Oatso simple again for brekkie, I put a load of extra cinnamon in it and sometimes if I am very hormonal I add a titchy bit of splenda.
It's really nice, takes ages to eat and it lasts me till lunchtime. Also that flavour is 207 cals a serving which includes semi skimmed milk. I think all the flavours are around the 200 cal mark.

Neen I love yoga, I practised it for years through a 2 hour class on a Sunday and at home twice a week, this was also all way through my pregnancy. Its excellent for stretching and toning and as a tall person there is nothing quite like a good old stretch lol

Step to acdc sounds my kind of thing, my sunday spinning class has some acdc in it, Shoot to Thrill and Thunderstruck!

Good luck with your rowing machine and free gift.

Ive had my usual weekday brekkie of a slim fast, really cant stomach anything more so early.

Have a good day! x

hi nina, i really think its a good idea, cos there seem tobe a lot of ppl frightened of having bands,probably partly because there dosnt seem to be a lot of support/knowledge about it. personally i am glad i had a bypass,but i understand that a lot of ppl would be better with the band. and like you say, if there are more on here with bands from all levels, everyone is then well represented. hugs xxx

Mazza- I would love to do yoga...unfortunately I still have the weeble effect a bit but as I get down nearer to goal , I definately want to add it to my repertoire!!!

I have all sorts of weird sounding exercise vids...fancy some belly dancing pilates fat burn fusion?? haha I haven't tried it yet...
I have the flirty girls booty shake workout which I'm afraid I have banned Dean from watching!!!! :rolleyes: (well maybe later on when I actually have a more appealing booty to shake...you know...one that stops shaking at the same time as the rest of me :D)

I like the Tae Bo/ Kick boxing thing too. Dean used to go to Kendo, Ju Jitsu, Ia-ido...(can't spell half of these things!!!) and show me stuff after...

I used Slimfast in the summer more, I added the sugar free flavour syrups (from sugar free megastore) to it and also sometimes half a scoop of protein powder (bsn dessert powder) and a huge load of ice and got two pints of thick shake (bit like a macdonalds shake in consistancy). They definately fill you up all morning and were actually pretty nice considering.

I am going to use them again when it's warm as I'm too much of a wuss now!!!

Thanks Dawny, I think it's been steadily more and more negative regarding bands on here for various reasons. Whilst I never begrudge bypassers or sleevers success, I do feel that the general feeling has been that bands are a road to failure and too hard to even try.

That's fine as an opinion but people who have had a band already and have to get on with it and make it a success can feel a bit doomed at times with that kind of impression.

It's not helped by the lack of long term goal weight banders visiting the site to tell people what's great about the band.
I think in the longer term, bands and bypasses level out anyway.

Lots of luck with your bypass and please visit anytime! Lots of the tips and issues I hope we'll share , apply to everyone x
Hugs and thanks x

I think you are so right Neen, it is so difficult hearing so much negativity regarding bands. I think the more negative stuff you read about them, the more you panic and feel like it is not achievable where as really we know it is. Do you think maybe it could be that the people who no longer visit have been successful as I know sometimes with myself if I'm having a great day and the scales are going in the right direction, I don't always come online, however if I'm having a bad day I really feel like I need support.
x

Hey Michelle! I'm so glad you found this thread! I hope we can all keep it going!

Yeah it has got me down ...usually when I have struggled and come on for support and then found yet more doom and gloom...well as you know, that's the last thing we need to see.
Balance is the thing we need isn't it? To get a realistic picture of what's going on and what's possible.
I would agree with you that there must be some banders finding it easy and maybe not feeling they require support from the site but I know there are plenty that might feel ashamed to admit it's not going so well and quite put off by the "Bands suck" vibes that we have been getting here of late.

For those who are doing well I think it would be good to try and at least visit once in a while to give an update....you know: like paying back the support !

Bit of bander solidarity is what we need! I hope that we can encourage each other to keep in touch on here so nobody disappears when they are having problems and no-one is afraid or awquard about popping in to get a little booster.

I have found personally, that being here in the good and the bad moments , has helped me stay aware of what I'm doing, nip problems in the bud and keep focused on trying my best to finish my goals.

I agree Julie! It's always easier for me to watch and learn...and the videos are a lovely quick refresher about what banders can do to get some good results :)
Thanks Cah-ching :D

Julie/Neen,

Was my pleasure. Lets hope we can kick this fat into touch! x

just a general question, my band was done on 1st sept 2010, when should i be aiming for my 1st fill ???
at the moment if i let myself i can eat almost anything as ive got no restriction at all....so i guess soon im gonna start putting the pounds back on if im not carefull...anyone shed some light on when the first fill should be done?? im 5 weeks post op tomorrow and desperate to feel the band working....

Back