• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Oh dear Mrs P. My fills have been really stretched out from the date of my op and there was also that long gap when they were investigating whether the band had slipped. I really feel now that if I tried what you did I would be spending the day bent over the toilet.

I mentioned to my consultant on Friday about my intolerance to chicken eggs and some fish - and told him about the possibilities that people had posted on the thread I did on it. He was not convinced. He said it was not the band just that I may have developed and allergy to some things - so I am none the wiser. Good protein stuff takes longer to eat and digest and leave me full - anything like carbs except bread seems to go down very easily but not good for getting the pounds down so I try to avoid. I am going back to not eating carbs at all once I am back on solids as it works best for my body.

I have been really out of sorts since yesterday. My period started - the first proper one I have had in 5 years. I am gutted. I thought I had gone through the menopause and that it was all over. I had a slight bleed about this time last year for a few days and then nothing. I put it down to the changes from losing weight. I thought this might be the same - but it is not.

I am going to go back to bed:cry:

tranquil x

Hi everyone! Really looking forward to getting to know you all, Im being banded on 4th Feb, I can't believe this time next week it'll all be over! I also can't believe this is it, this is the biggest I'll ever be!

Im 24 and from Dublin, I have a wonderful little baby girl who's 7 months old :) I've been overweight ever since i was about 11, except for when i was twenty i did Lipotrim and lost 8 stone and over the following 3 years put it all back on :(

So, hi all! x x x

Welcome and good luck on your op. Here to a speedy recovery xx

Yes, it still feels all new to me but loving it even though I am a slow looser. Any questions don't hesitate, this section is great. We are not many banders so we are very tight and helping each other a lot xxx

Yeah I've noticed that the band isn't as common as the bypass around here so Im glad to have found this thread! I do have one question if you don't mind as Im a bit confused! Im on my pre op diet its the milk diet and Im supposed to have a cup of Oxo but i have none at the moment and wondering could i have a cup of Bisto instead?

Hum not sure as I did the low calories one... can you ring your provider? Did they give you a leaflet for it?

It ll!!! I had a last minute wobble two days before surgery and I ate a jacket potato with coronation chicken. Was so mad at myself but thankfully my liver still reduced enough. Stick to the guidelines and you will be absolutely fine x

Welcome!!! id only use the stock cubes...just in case hun xx

Aww TB you are doing amazing luvvie, you have kept so positive all the way through your journey, I'm ashamed to say I've been a miserable old bag for alot of mine :)
Bloomin lady things get on my wick too chuck, reckon I have at least another 10 years of the ******* so one in a year is ok. Just a mini reminder of the beautiful lady you are xx
I must say there was a period of time I really struggled with fish, even the smallest bite would have me running for the loo, that was when I was about 10mlish in my 14 ml band. Funnily enough I can now tolerate it, though I do chew it for england, which is no bad thing as it means I only eat half the amount I've served myself so prob making it a proper portion in the end. I feel it's worth it, all the chewing, as I love fish and miss it if I don't have it at least twice a week.
Protein tends to fill me more now, but carbs, espesh in the evening send me running, so I avoid them after breakfast, and even for brekkie it's either fresh air bread (toasted) or dry granola. Occasionally have a sarnie for dinner but it makes me feel sluggish so stick to salad if I'm prepared enough or snack a jacks with humous or something like that.
I must admit since my defil I'm finding I am able to manage more food. I think I may have to speak to my provider and just have a tinsy bit put back in, maybe not the whole ml they took out as I was extremely tight (I can't tell you the releif it is to be able to have 5 glugs of squash!!) I'm doing ok, lost 5lbs two weeks ago and 2 last week but struggling a bit with the whole urge to eat now I can. Before I just wasn't hungry it was so nice to not worry about snacking cos I knew I wouldn't want anything :)
I have a pile of fruit in the office, but know even this is extra cals at the end of the day.
I must lose me at least a stone to be able to do this zip wire comfortably. I am close to weighing what they say is the max but you know what it's like we weigh different amounts on different scales. The thought of them weighing me and me being one pound over the max isn't worth considering so I want to be safe.
I went dancing on Friday to a club I love that plays all the oldies, it's a proper cheese fest music wise but god I sing along and dance my bloomin head off. Legs are still aching today!! Consequently I've decided I'm making friday night dancing night, I got a load of wii dancing games today and I intend to boogie my friday nights away with my girls for company on the nights I don't go out.
The pilates was good, we used the exercise ball which I've never done before, I had to leave it though and do the exercises on the floor as my tummy felt uncomfortable with the pressure of the ball, a combination of fat compressing my lungs and my port being irritated.
So this week I am setting myself a challenge. I WILL swim monday wednesday and Friday and will do my zumba on tuesday and pilates on Thursday, that's 5 whole days incorporating exercise. I figure I have to get used to it so need to get cracking. Work isn't too demanding so I can rest a bit pressure wise there, it will soon pick up again so I will make the most of this lull while I can.

I always waffle on when I come on here, sorry guys. Sometimes it just feels a bit like I'm chatting to myself in my head so just trundle on like nobody's business but hey it's therapeutic will you all forgive me? :)

Have an amazing week everyone, Daisyhappy it's lovely to meet you, good luck for the 4th flower xxxx

Great post Rache:D - good luck with your fitness regime.

I have had a really restful day instead of my usual - doing work stuff. I was talking to my mom about my unexpected visit and she said my periods stopping when they did was probably due to my weight increasing so much as it did and that as she did not finish going through the change until she was 53 that it will probably keep going now it has started again. I love my mom...she knows how to cheer me up:rolleyes:.

Talking of exercise I really need to get my wii dusted off and get back into it. I have not done anything in months - not since the mornings turned too dark to get out on the bike - and it is so cold the thought of venturing out in these temperatures is not thrilling me. No excuses - need to get back into getting active as soon as I feel up to it.

tranquil x

half mile swum :)
Your mum has a good point TB (sadly) they say you tend to last as long as your mum does, my mum was about the same age so :( all round me thinks.
Happy monday everyone xxxxx

Well hello Banders :D

Well done on the swimming Rache!

Im so relieved I dont have any 'lady' issues now, so glad everything is gone lol

I had a bit of stomach ache last night, it felt windy /acidy and kept me awake til after 1, so Im very tired today :cry:

I went to body pump yesterday and its spinning tonight, I will still go even though Im so tired. Then I will have a nice bath something from lush in it and an early night!

I feel so hungry today, I always do when I'm exercising a bit, does anyone else feel like that?

xx

Yes always, the more the exercise the more hungry I get so not having restrictions is hard to balance

I just have fruit snacks to combat it but felt quite sick yesterday morning after body pump. I'd had a cup of tea but only a banana for breckie :confused:

Yeah the leaflet just says Oxo so I'll just stick to that. Getting very nervey that 7 days won't be enough time to shrink my liver Eek!x
Hi Daisy, I went to Prague on the 22nd to have the wrap on the 23rd. I had no pre-op diet just reduce meats etc 3 days before, then liquids only 24 hrs pr-op. For various reasons I was refused the wrap and had a band instead. There were no issues even though I hadn't followed any diet. So don't worry too much x

Oh thanks so much toxingirl you're an angel! Im just worried cos they'll only operate on me in Dublin if my bmi is below 45, at this moment in time it's teetering slightly above but Im hoping the milk diet brings me down.
How are you feeling now? I cannot believe it's actually happening!

Evening all and welcome to the new bandits/bandits to be:D

Gosh I now know what people mean when the say they have tightening during their times of the month. It is just as well I am on liquids for a week after my fill - getting anything down is a struggle - but it is staying down thankfully. It will be interesting to see what it is like on the mushies stage. I am feeling tired and drained - I forgot how bad this can be.

tranquil x

Back