• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Aww TB thankfully it's not a stretched pouch, which is what you feared. 4ml is a heck of a lot to put in in one go I'm not surprised you could feel the difference straight away.
Good luck on the liquids though luv xx

sarah poor you :(
It's so tough trying to be good when you just don't feel any restriction, it's the old test of willpower we all have to battle with isn't it. Good luck with that until July hunny xxx

Dating site? Pah dunno what I was expecting, well actually I do. I always go into these things absolutely certain my prince charming with his perky bum, to die for eyes and impish smile will sweep me off my feet when in reality it's always just a bunch of blokes looking for one of a couple of things..... to flirt outrageously while pretending not to be in a relationship!! (oh yes they do!!)
to find themselves a little erm to put it politely bed interest, and get bored when that doesn't come off!!
Some of them I just don't know why they go on as they have nothing to say for themselves, they email you then once you start talking say nothing, leave all the conversation up to you!! So irritating, nothing worse than having to make all the effort.

Still I'm sure if I stick around a bit someone with a strong back may sweep me off my feet :D

Full of daughters cold now :( just another manic monday lar la lar :)

Thanks Rache. As for the dating - it takes time - lots of frog kissing (or not:D) before you find your prince. It always happens when you least expect it to happen too. Don't give up just yet.

Well I have managed a glass of nas as well as the cup of black coffee. My side is very sore but I am not feeling hunger pangs which I thought I would having been on solid food for so long. I am feeling exhausted so as soon as I can manage a bit of soup I am going to head for bed.

tranquil x

Rache which site is it?, one of my oldest mates met her prince charming on plenty of fish. She is very loved up at the moment but did have one dating disaster when she discovered the man she thought was the man of her dreams was also the man of many, many other ladies in the same town!!!!!

Men eh!????

Sending hugs to everyone xxx I am sort of about but Dean is still really ill.
Finally booked a fill for 1st July , hopefully be able to make it (kids permitting)

So glad you managed to get your fill ok - I am having mine with a barium meal and x rays in a few weeks and now I know what to expect. x x x

Sending hugs to everyone xxx I am sort of about but Dean is still really ill.
Finally booked a fill for 1st July , hopefully be able to make it (kids permitting)

:hug99: Hope Dean feels better soon and well done on getting your fill booked. I am sure you will feel a real difference.

tranquil x

Evening all. Well I am struggling a bit. I am really stressed as I found out today that Ming Ellen may now not be leaving. I am gutted:cry:. I will have to get another job as I cannot carry on working under those pressures.

As a result my band, now it has restriction, is really tight. I am monitoring it as I am finding it hard to get liquids down and when I do I am suffering terribly with wind.

I spoke to the surgeon's secretary today who was so lovely - not at all like the admin staff I have encountered at WM. I gave her all the details of when I had the tests and she said she would let Mr Mirza know. Now the band seems to be functioning again I am more worried about the lump. My BP seems to be coming down again so I might escape having to go back on the meds but I will have to wait until I see the doc on Thursday.

Despite the Ming Ellen situation I am feeling a lot more positive now I know the band seems to be in working order. I really want to see what the restriction is like when I am on solids in 4 weeks.

tranquil x

TB - hugs to you and Mr TB :hug99: just try and sip those fluids to try and keep your strength up - ok? xx

How come 'ming' might not be going?

Neen - poor Dean, sounds like a nasty virus he has :( I hope he is feeling better soon x

Bless you Neen - but I think I have small issues compared with what you have on your plate on a daily basis.

I am shocked that not only is Ming Ellen not going but they may be restructuring her role giving her more power and probably more money. It is galling. I knew she did not want to go and I do not know how she has managed to manoeuvre this. I tell you that woman is teflon coated. My only hope is that what one of my former team members said - not even teflon has a lifetime guarantee;).

Well I suppose it will force me to do something now. Even more reason to make the band work for me if I have to get back on the job market.

tranquil x

Thanks Mazza. Her staying is about them not being able to get rid of someone else. She is delighted and the first thing she did after it was announced was to have me in a meeting and tell me what she thinks should now happen with my team which will decimate it. I really cannot continue on that basis and I do not have the energy to keep fighting - plus my health will not take it.

Whoever said working in the public sector was 'easy'.

tranquil x

Its rubbish isnt it?!

I think I told you we are going through a major restructure and losing 450 staff along the way. Over the next 2 weeks we all ahev to reapply for jobs BUT they must be at the same level - problem on our team is although there are some new higher posts there are only 2 vacancies at my level with 4 going for it. I am being forced to apply in a different dept but could reapply when the other 2 get promoted - eurghhhhhh

Its just one never ending cycle of reshaping, restructuring, down sizing etc, etc and the ones that should leave stay and prosper (like Ellen).

The joy of being a public servant! x

Tell me about it Mazza. The idea of the restructure was to reduce the number of posts at my level and Ming going. Ming effectively gets a promotion and me and the others are left in limbo while they decide what to do. It makes my blood boil:mad:

tranquil x

Evening all. Worked at home today and intending to do the same tomorrow as I have an early evening appointment at the docs tomorrow about my bp. I swear it was so high last week because I had spent the day at the office and then dashed back to make the appointment.

I am amazed how different things feel after this fill. According to my provider I should be taking in some form of fluid every hour but I cannot manage it. I am still very sore and feel pretty listless with the amount that is going in. The regime from my provider must have been designed by a sadist because it is not fun 7 months out going back on liquids for 2 weeks and then 2 weeks of mushies. Still better than what I was going through over the last 6 weeks when I lost all restriction and did not know what was going on.

Going to get into bed I think - so tired:(.

tranquil x

Shame you can't just do what most of us do really TB, couple days liquid, couple days mushy then back to normal food. But with your health issues I wouldn't like to encouarge you to do anything that might compromise your well-being.
Have you ever asked them why your regime is so massively different from pretty much all the rest of us? If they can't give you a valid and specific reason why, then maybe you could do a week of each stage instead ?

oh TB you've had a right week haven't you!!
My provider said if I can get a pint of fluid down a day to stick with it, and I'm glad I did as I can manage more now. I still can't manage more than two small mouthfuls at a time fluid wise, so I do take a while to drink a glass of water and there are some days when I'd love to down a pint of liquid. Stick with it flower, it will be worth it in the end. As for Ming Ellen well it aint over yet. Bide your time and make measured actions from your decisions xx

Neen sorry to hear Dean is poorly. I hope he's feeling better soon xxxx

Maz when will you find out the outcomes to all the reapplying for your positions? Must be very disruptive for you, unfortunately I think all organisations are addressing things right now, it's certainly a sign of the times.xxx

I'm full of stinking cold now, it's got gradually worse as the week has drawn on, I feel ok mentally just like I've swallowed razor blades and have a streaming nose, not sleeping well either which isn't helping, I'm a poor ole soul. Roll on the weekend is all I can say.
xxxxx

Back