• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Evening all. I am starting to feel like billy no mates on this thread - perhaps because I am:D

Well today this work colleague who I have never exchanged more than an odd hello to even though he has worked in the office for many years stopped me today and said how much better I was walking and moving. He said I looked terrible some of the days before I went off - only my boss knows what I have had done but given the leaks in the office it has probably got round.

It made me think about how things have changed nearly 8 months on. I was never going to be a big or fast loser whatever procedure I had. What has come off so far has totally transformed things for me. Today I walked back from a meeting which took me about 25 minutes. I have not walked back from that venue because I could not manage it for about 4 maybe 5 years.

So to all of you fretting that your weight is not dropping off with the band - relax. It will come. I am enjoying trying different recipes and having variety - cooking again is something I enjoy. The energy I now have has meant things I have not been able to do are being tackled slowly. For the first time in a long time I feel that I am in control rather than life doing things to me. A lot of all of this is about taking responsibility for yourself - making those right food choices - trying to get the exercise in when you can - doing some navel gazing about why you have issues with food - learning more about yourself.

Ok...I have rambled enough - time for my soup then bed:D

tranquil x

Evening all. I am starting to feel like billy no mates on this thread - perhaps because I am:D

Well today this work colleague who I have never exchanged more than an odd hello to even though he has worked in the office for many years stopped me today and said how much better I was walking and moving. He said I looked terrible some of the days before I went off - only my boss knows what I have had done but given the leaks in the office it has probably got round.

It made me think about how things have changed nearly 8 months on. I was never going to be a big or fast loser whatever procedure I had. What has come off so far has totally transformed things for me. Today I walked back from a meeting which took me about 25 minutes. I have not walked back from that venue because I could not manage it for about 4 maybe 5 years.

So to all of you fretting that your weight is not dropping off with the band - relax. It will come. I am enjoying trying different recipes and having variety - cooking again is something I enjoy. The energy I now have has meant things I have not been able to do are being tackled slowly. For the first time in a long time I feel that I am in control rather than life doing things to me. A lot of all of this is about taking responsibility for yourself - making those right food choices - trying to get the exercise in when you can - doing some navel gazing about why you have issues with food - learning more about yourself.

Ok...I have rambled enough - time for my soup then bed:D

tranquil x

Hi guys haven't been on much lately been so busy and rushed with home and work i feel like i don't know which way is up sometimes lol:) and forgot to weigh in on saturday but had a peek monday and stayed the same. went for a fill yesterday and requested a half ml fill as i do have restriction especially in the morning and if i rush my food. so half ml i have had and boy can i feel the restriction now!! wonder if it will stay like this or relax a bit over the next couple of days. just about managing a cup of tea sipping at it but dont think it is too tight or anything just have to remember to slow done :) hope your all well x

hey guys hardly been on as was well off the rails...hada revelation this week.....if i dont fight my band but use it as an aid i will lose weight instead of gaining! no more eating lion bars and drinking hot chocs from costa...yep thats what i was doing!

i weigh myself daily and weight had gone up this week! o crap....so thought NO! i didnt pay 8grand for 2 stone loss! i need to do it....so been to gym and really listeing to body.mdrinking water when i think im hungry and if i really am have the right small sized portions and no more choc!!

back on track now....and have adjusted ticker to 10 and half stones....at 11 stones i still felt big, so 10.5 stones would be ideal and i can do it if i try!

Hi all just a update a had a small fill 2 weeks ago and ive lost 6 pound :) very much back to restriction so happy bunny. i now need to find time to get back to the gym ive started back to aqua fit on a friday so a step in the right direction

thanks mazza.....was really good ydy but slightly fallen off wagon again...grrr!! having a hungry day...why? maybe cos i went a bit OTT and cut out too much calorie wise....??

grrrrrrrrrr lost nothing last week despite not managing to eat much at all suspect not eating enough? what a come down for week 2. However first day of week three, up and at em!

:innocent0001:I STS last week but it feels like ages since I changed my ticker. It is the highlight of my week, ticker changing. Maybe I should get out more!
If I don't drop into those magic 15's on saturday, then I will have a proper tantrum!

Morning all

Mr TB is away until Tuesday. Really missing him. Well tomorrow is the big test. At last I have arranged the bike ride with my sisters. So early tomorrow morning I am loading the bike into the car and going over to Brum. If the weather brightens up later I am going to have one more go in the car park and see if I can peddle more than the 10 yards I managed last time and nearly feel off and caught my ankle. It really put me off and I must admit I have been scared to try again. It is the first time the three of us have been out bike riding together. Both my sisters are trying to lose weight. One has lost 47 pounds since October going to WW. The other started about 6 weeks ago and has lost a stone just by making better food choices. They are both really supportive of me and want to help me as much as they can. Really looking forward to tomorrow and spending some time with them and getting some exercise in:).

Once I can stay on the bike and actually feel confident enough, I am hitting the park just up the road. I have noticed more people cycling in there lately so I am less fearful of getting shouted at by some irate warden:D.

Work is living hell at the moment. Ming and I had one of our little chats yesterday. She is clearly in turmoil about leaving or not although it looks as if the matter is now out of her hands. So I have resigned myself she is going to be staying:cry:.

I have this week to get through and then I am off for just over a week house and cat sitting while my sister and her husband jet off on their hols. Mr TB and I are looking forward to it. It will be a little holiday for us. They have a lovely garden so if the sun comes out we will be enjoying getting some fresh air in. The cat is a bit temperamental but loves Mr TB so hopefully there will not be too much trauma:D.

Have a blessed weekend everyone.

tranquil x

Morning all

Mr TB is away until Tuesday. Really missing him. Well tomorrow is the big test. At last I have arranged the bike ride with my sisters. So early tomorrow morning I am loading the bike into the car and going over to Brum. If the weather brightens up later I am going to have one more go in the car park and see if I can peddle more than the 10 yards I managed last time and nearly feel off and caught my ankle. It really put me off and I must admit I have been scared to try again. It is the first time the three of us have been out bike riding together. Both my sisters are trying to lose weight. One has lost 47 pounds since October going to WW. The other started about 6 weeks ago and has lost a stone just by making better food choices. They are both really supportive of me and want to help me as much as they can. Really looking forward to tomorrow and spending some time with them and getting some exercise in:).

Once I can stay on the bike and actually feel confident enough, I am hitting the park just up the road. I have noticed more people cycling in there lately so I am less fearful of getting shouted at by some irate warden:D.

Work is living hell at the moment. Ming and I had one of our little chats yesterday. She is clearly in turmoil about leaving or not although it looks as if the matter is now out of her hands. So I have resigned myself she is going to be staying:cry:.

I have this week to get through and then I am off for just over a week house and cat sitting while my sister and her husband jet off on their hols. Mr TB and I are looking forward to it. It will be a little holiday for us. They have a lovely garden so if the sun comes out we will be enjoying getting some fresh air in. The cat is a bit temperamental but loves Mr TB so hopefully there will not be too much trauma:D.

Have a blessed weekend everyone.

tranquil x

Enjoy your bike ride xxx

TB I can't wait to hear about your jaunt on your bike tomorrow :)
You'll be grand luv, once you get cracking on it you'll wonder why you worried xxx Enjoy :)

I am now officially 5 stone lighter :D:D:D
I've done a couple of 12.5 milers this week on the bike and a 7 miler and made some better choices so I'm glad to have finally hit that milestone and looking forward to jumping into the 17's now :)

It won't be long now my ex husband kindly informed me he is reducing my maintenance by a 1/4 per month because he can't afford it any more. Beans on toast for us soon as a staple as I'm on essentials only now anyway. Soooooooooooo glad he's an ex. He's cross because I'm talking to my ex sister in law and he doesn't like it, so the best way to 'show me' is to deny his kids!! Oh for the day I no longer have anything to do with him.

Got yet another mad busy weekend so better crack on.

Have a lovely weekend all, and roll on the sunshine as it's still raining in Coventry!!

xxxxxxxx

Back