• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rache, Tara and I were just talking about you this morning. De de de de lol.

I think what it is, we have soooo many newbie and soon to be banders, most are posting threads etc in the main section.

Hope you are well xx

Rache

looking for my mojo
I hope it was all good :)
I've been better, been signed off work for 4 months now with depression, life is as dramatic as ever as I'm sure you know from my FB posts xx
How are you?
xx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
It was about schools actualy lol, have had to chose Tara's secondery school and we put finham as no. 2 choice.

Oh dear, must be something in the air! I am on a phased return to work for the same reason. I was off from the end of june. Are you feeling any better for being off? xx

Rache

looking for my mojo
I'm sorry to hear that luv it's a sad sign of the times I think.
Yes much better than 4 months ago though still not ready for work. Apparently work won't let me phase return so I'll happily take more time off until I can cope with full time again as nothing has changed in my workplace. Finham is fab is cally first choice? Another fab school.
It's incredible how quickly this year will go for you and her in yr 6.
Can't believe Amber went to uni this month!! That's taken some getting used to!! Bless her she's all settled now tho.
Tell you something some of this daytime telly is enough to depress the hardest of people!!
xx

flutterby1966

Watching Jeremy Kyle is what helped me out of depression ... Makes me appreciate what I have ;)

Rache

looking for my mojo
oooh really Michelle, I have to turn that off as soon as I know it's on as it makes me so cross!! Tho I can see your point of view. You have been upped to moderator!! Congratulations xx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Cally is our first choice, its why we moved here to be in the catchment area. We have put Blue Coat as third. Tara's aunties and uncles went to Cally so I put all that into the application too. We went to the opening evening last night, very impressive and Tara loved it!

I told her your girls went to Finham, most of the kids in her class are going to Ernesford!!! but there's a nice bunch of them hopefuly going to Cally - such an important decision, eh?

Ha ha only we will know what we are on about here ;)

Bet you are missing Amber :cry:is it Leeds she went to? lovely city.

Yep it is indeed a sign of the times, no money, too much work and no thanks for working your backside off.

If you fancy a coffee and catch up, let me know xxx

flutterby1966

Lol ... I did have six months without jezza but just started watching it this week while I have been off work. It's soooo sad! Upped ... I love that :D hope you are feeling better soon. It took a year of medication for me to sort myself out, but luckily I still carried on working. I stopped meds too soon thinking I was ok, but I wasn't...So had to go back on them to finish the course. Now though I just don't let anything get me down, not prepared to go back there. Positivity all the way xxx

Rache

looking for my mojo
I wish I could come off the tablets :( I've been on them for many many years and know I will never come off them. I'm glad you have found something to make you feel so much better x

flutterby1966

It's a scarey place to be in ... So better to have the meds if they help xxx

Michele-Malvern

I absolutely love watching Jeremy Kyle as well on my days off, its a bit of fun and makes you feel so classy!!. I dont let myself have lunch at home until it starts at 1.30 on ITV2, and then sit down and enjoy! x

Wendywoo2301

Hi, I am 4 weeks post op. I lost 15lb from the pre op and the following 2 weeks, but nothing since. I'm having my 3 meals a day, 1 snack no large amounts of food. Why is no more weight coming off. got 4ml's in, got my first proper fill on the 26th. Any advice would help, as I'm kind of thinking why have I had this done !!!!

flutterby1966

Don't lose heart. It's early days, you have undergone surgery and your body is still recovering. Often at this stage people stall as their bodies adjust. Try to think about it in a different way to put things into perspective. 15lbs in six weeks is over a stone gone already. Consider how much that COULD be in a year, and if you could have lost that much without the focus of having the band ... You may even have gained rather than lost. Follow your providers guidance and the losses will follow :)

suz1968

hi guys ive just had my first fill and after reading this thread i dont feel so alone i was told by one of my colleagues at work that having a band is cheating how very little she knows its not an easy choice and its still hard work but i dont regret my decision its a working progress x

Juicy Lucy

This thread looks a little neglected!
Come on Banders!!!!
Step up! :D
x

Im struggling for dinner ideas now that Im off sloppy stuff as I was relying on weight watcher readymeals. None are dry and chewy really, so I shall now go back to cooking fresh I guess.
Ive got a bit lazy and like the ready meal option- mainly as its calorie counted and portion controlled. Also its not that nice so Im not tempted to over eat it lol

Crystalrainbow

OK guys and gals i'm dusting off this thread..... have seen lots of newbie banders coming in just recently and saying hi.....maybe it would be nice to kick off this thread again.....

Come on lets UNTIE together we can do this :) Old and newbies alike....

Come on in ...ask questions, get to know each other, let us know how things are good or bad..... any long termers too, we want to hear how things are progressing down the years....any targets :) how you did it...hints and tips lol stallers too (yes a lot of us around) let kick start some motivation :)

BUT most of all lets get some banders support going.....

Spooky that its almost a year to the day since this thread cropped up last !!!

emmahc1975

Yey crystal! Good move. Go banders!
We've got the hardest job of all the surgeries (in my humble opinion) all support gratefully given & received.
I'm 8st 2 down with my band, 12 stone down from my heaviest & 14 lb to go to normal bmi & im going for it!!