• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

JO28172

Gosh I didn't think they would limit the fills! Just bear in mind you can get aftercare packages privately...needs must and all that :)

kellbells

Hi, I'm Kelly. I'm 31yrs old and am due to have my band on Saturday at Dolan park by mr Hewin! Woo hoo!

I've been overweight all of my twenties and my thirties so far.
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2009 which doesn't help matters. I have back problems and general joint pain.
I have also been trying to conceive for approx 4yrs with no success. After a visit to the fertility clinic I found out I had a damaged Fallopian tube which was removed last October. I have been told I may need IVF and that my bmi has to be at least 29 for this to happen (currently 36).

So with all this considered along with:
*Getting out of breath after walking up 4 steps,
*Struggling to do up my shoe laces,
*Becoming increasingly unable to pick things up from the floor without giving myself a hernia,
*only just fitting through some doorways,
*being the token fat friend,
*looking horrendous in anything I wear,
* and finally, feeling totally self-conscious and self-loathing.......
I decided enough is enough!

I see this surgery as an investment in my health and overall life. I fantasise not only about how I'll hopefully look, but how I'm going to feel. I can't remember how it feels to be confident and happy with myself. I'm looking forward to it.

So that's a snippet of me. Reading your posts it's reassuring to know I'm not alone with my feelings. I have never belonged to a forum but have found this useful and will probably be on here daily especially after surgery!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.
Kelly xx

BlueDiamond

Hi, I'm Kelly. I'm 31yrs old and am due to have my band on Saturday at Dolan park by mr Hewin! Woo hoo!

I've been overweight all of my twenties and my thirties so far.
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2009 which doesn't help matters. I have back problems and general joint pain.
I have also been trying to conceive for approx 4yrs with no success. After a visit to the fertility clinic I found out I had a damaged Fallopian tube which was removed last October. I have been told I may need IVF and that my bmi has to be at least 29 for this to happen (currently 36).

So with all this considered along with:
*Getting out of breath after walking up 4 steps,
*Struggling to do up my shoe laces,
*Becoming increasingly unable to pick things up from the floor without giving myself a hernia,
*only just fitting through some doorways,
*being the token fat friend,
*looking horrendous in anything I wear,
* and finally, feeling totally self-conscious and self-loathing.......
I decided enough is enough!

I see this surgery as an investment in my health and overall life. I fantasise not only about how I'll hopefully look, but how I'm going to feel. I can't remember how it feels to be confident and happy with myself. I'm looking forward to it.

So that's a snippet of me. Reading your posts it's reassuring to know I'm not alone with my feelings. I have never belonged to a forum but have found this useful and will probably be on here daily especially after surgery!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my story.
Kelly xx

hellowelcometeddybears.gif

flutterby1966

Yes a very warm welcome to you Kelly :)

miserable

Welcome to the happy bandies club :)

MrsPill

Welcome Kellsbells- nice to see you :)

Rache- your post hit a nerve with me. I could drink a pint of NAS squash last week too along with a 3 course dinner so I just knew it wasn't working. I was STARVING! Yesterday I went and pleaded for another fill and got it...now up to 7.5ml in a 11ml band and this morning I'm struggling to get a cup of hot chocolate down! AND I don't feel hungry! See if you feel hungry, its the pits when you're trying to reduce the calories.
Oh yes, and another thing- I can't burp again!! Too tight!!! haha

JO28172

I'm upto 8 in my 11ml band....these extra little fillsdo make all the difference!!

kellbells

Thanks mrs pills!
Im hoping mr Hewin will fill my band at surgery. I've heard he puts 3mls in straight away.
Can't imagine not being able to burp!......my boyfriends dream! Ha!!
X

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
What happens if you totally fill your band? Has anyone ever got to that point?

Nothing really Lisa, mine can be filled to capacity ie 9mils and I will still have a certain amount of 'room' for food to work its way through. I just wouldnt really want to be more restricted than I allready am. I have 8.5 mils in mine :D

I'm pretty sure Neen's was full - come back Neen :cry: xx

miserable

Yes come back neen

MrsPill

Yes, Neen is missed :(
My nurse said that the largest fill on her books is 9ml in an 11ml band. She also looks after a bandit who has lost 103kg!!! Hope for us all then!!

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Neen is missed :(
My nurse said that the largest fill on her books is 9ml in an 11ml band. She also looks after a bandit who has lost 103kg!!! Hope for us all then!!

Maybe the person with the 9mil in a 11mil band doesnt have the realsize band then, I was told mine could be filled to capacity without any issues.

Wow 103kg, thats awesome, over 16 stone!!! :D

Rache

looking for my mojo
I had 13ml in a 14 last December and they took 1ml out due to me being so stressed I couldn't keep anything down. It's such a shame as I was never hungry, couldn't eat between meals and was losing regularly, even if smaller amounts. Got an appt this week with dietician so will see what they say. Am not v well atm, stressed at work and things going on at home that are impacting my health, I have some restriction, but can eat..... quite a bit sometimes, but on the whole not every day. Will see what she says.
Got back on my bike this week!! Am selling my car so need to get myself alot fitter to walk or cycle to work each day. 7 miles in total each day. It takes an hour to walk and 25mins to cycle. I've got me some walking boots to help the poor ole tootsies and ipod is fully charged!!!

Watch this space.

Kelly welcome luvvie xx

miserable

Whoa Rachel 7 miles each day that's impressive good on you

BlueDiamond

Wished I could cycle but with arthritis in both knees I am not able to do so - But well done Rachel xx

I had a lovely roast today, I had 1 & half roast spuds, 2 teaspoons of peas,half of Stuffing ball and tablespoon of lamb & gravy was lush ....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Have a nice day everyone and keep fighting the good fight xx