• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BBC Prague

terri.c

Hi all, i am now booked in for a Gastric Wrap in on 11th June ! Cant beleive i have finally done it :).
Just wondered if any if you can share your experience with me.
I have a BMI of 35 hence it cany be any lower or they wont do it, it's the only time in my life i DONT want to lose any weight ha ha xx:)

Hi terri c

I had a wrap mid Jan, i havent had any problems with mine at all and i am so pleased i had it. I have lost nearly 3 stone so far, if im honest i wud have liked to have lost more but my losses are a steady 1-2 a week and i have only had one week were i havent lost which i cud never have achieved before so i am happy (if a little impatient). I am also able to wear a size 16 for the first time in 10 years so defo think it was money well spent!

Can i ask who ur surgeon is?

I was wrapped in Feb through cosmetic Bliss. Only thing I would advise is that you know what size your stomach will be wrapped too. I'm sure Dr Cierney (via cosmetic bliss) is about 250ml, but another girl had an issue with BBC prague who wrap to 500ml. That girl didn't lose much weight and felt it was a complete waste of money.

Personally I have lost 2.5 stones approx and was also borderline bmi at 35 and am happy I had it done.

Thanks girls for the info re the mls as i dont know what size it will be but i will mention it.
also i dont know yet who my surgeon is x I am waiting for an email but will keep you posted:)

Hi Shana ty for you message. Did u go to BBC Prague? I dont know who my surgeon is yet, just waiting to find out. I am soooooooo nervous x

No i went with mediczech and had Dr Fried who wraps to 150ml, BBC use Dr Fried and another surgeon at a different clinic which is the one that gives a 500ml wrap so worth finding out which they gave u a quote for.

I contacted BBC prior to booking my surgery (booked with Cosmetic Bliss) This was only a few weeks ago and I recieved a reply the same day from Maria who told me that BBC no longer work with Martin Fried (Prague 3).

The surgeons name that the price is based on in (Prague 7) Was not told to me. I replied to Maria and asked for a name of the surgeon to be used. and requested a copy of the surgeons CV.

I then received a further email from a guy called Nick who told me he was out of the office all week and would contact me the following week with date availability etc but no mention of the surgeon's experience.

It is now 3 weeks further on since my contact with them and I haven't received anything from BBC.

Hence that is why I chose Cosmetic Bliss which is costing a bit more than BBC but I have the confidence in the Surgeon Dr Cierny, as I was able to do my own research on him. The pre op information and tests required by Cosmetic Bliss is far more than is required by BBC who ask for nothing.

Victoria

Please don't go ahead and have your surgery without being given the surgeons name......you need to do some research on the surgeon before letting yourself be operated on.

I would be very wary of a company who does not give you this info BEFORE the op let alone after you have booked :sigh:

I've just been sleeved by cosmetic Bliss, and cannot praise them highly enough. Another thing to consider is if you are ill and need extra days in icu etc, are you covered or will u have to pay extra. With cosmetic Bliss you are covered. Good luck xxx

from me phone :D

Back