• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brand NEW GP!!!!

I'm a bit confused as the doc didn't say anything about the funding. Is the surgeon going to deal with this matter on the 1st appointment? Or do i have to contact the GP about it? Once i heard someone said that 'in east london funding is autometic' i didn't really understand. can someone please give me some advice on it.

I'm a bit confused as the doc didn't say anything about the funding. Is the surgeon going to deal with this matter on the 1st appointment? Or do i have to contact the GP about it? Once i heard someone said that 'in east london funding is autometic' i didn't really understand. can someone please give me some advice on it.

My surgeon/consultant applied for funding at my first appontment with him.

I have read on here of GP applying for it though.

I think it was dsarah1977 ( Sarah) that said that. Think she'll explain it better than me, but how I understood it is that funding is applied for and it is automatically given.

My PCT work similar. They rarely turn anyone down. If you have weight related health issues you are never refused funding.

congratulations farzu
your persistence has payed off your journey got off on a rocky road but you stuck to the task and now have the reward you wanted well done
regards Rambo

Hya Farzu :)

I'm under the same pct I think. I did not have to apply for funding neither did my gp. It's all taken care of by the surgeon. Now youve been referred dont worry if you dont hear anything straight away. I wonder if they will refer you over to the Homerton like they did me, they are lovely there.

Just be prepared for a little waiting though and dont worry if they want you to have other appointments with different people, its all part of the process.

Youve got over the first hurdle thats great, I am sure you will be awarded funding :)

Oh Thankyou thankyou Swizzlestick, Thats a relief. I couldn't sleep last night thinking of it lol. My GP said that there is a waiting time for 49 days and i got the appointment on the 21st of july. In between, i have 2 appontments though, 1 with the dietitian which was refered by fertility clinic and another with the fertility clinic itself. should i tell them that i have been refered for wls?

Oh Thankyou thankyou Swizzlestick, Thats a relief. I couldn't sleep last night thinking of it lol. My GP said that there is a waiting time for 49 days and i got the appointment on the 21st of july. In between, i have 2 appontments though, 1 with the dietitian which was refered by fertility clinic and another with the fertility clinic itself. should i tell them that i have been refered for wls?

Once my GP referred me to the Homerton I recieved my appointment about 4 weeks later. It would of been sooner but there was a slight mix up in department, but was quickly sorted.

I think its a good idea to tell them. The more support for the WLS the better.

I've told all of my Rheumatologist and other consults I see about WLS and they are all for it. They say how much of an improvement to my live it will be and reduce the number of tablets I'm now on (16 not including pain meds).

Such wonderful news hun! Hope it all goes fast for you and you are having your surgery in a flash!

Nic;)

Hi Farzu

Yea Let all the different people you have to see know what you have been referred or treated for, it will strengthen your case :)

Hya Farzu :)

I'm under the same pct I think. I did not have to apply for funding neither did my gp. It's all taken care of by the surgeon. Now youve been referred dont worry if you dont hear anything straight away. I wonder if they will refer you over to the Homerton like they did me, they are lovely there.

Just be prepared for a little waiting though and dont worry if they want you to have other appointments with different people, its all part of the process.

Youve got over the first hurdle thats great, I am sure you will be awarded funding :)

How long did u have to wait?

Hey Farzu...Well done you!!!

I hope all goes really quickly for you...my group meeting is on 24th June and I'm hoping that things don't drag after that.

My surgeon is Mr Patel at King's

We're not that far apart so we can compare.

~hugs~

:talk017:
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! !

You have really made my day Farzu.. :D Am so pleased that old gp helped kick butt with new gp and well done you for remembering to take all your info.. it seems to have done the trick ;)

that is such wonderful news on your referral.. And date already for you to go see someone! Brilliant news..

Hope it goes well and you'll have to keep us all updated on everything.. will have my fingers crossed for you and will make a wish for you when I blow out my birthday candles.. because you go to hospital - on my birthday!

you know where I am if you ever want to talk hunni.. we are all behind you..

{{{{{{ Huggles }}}}}}

How long did u have to wait?

Hi Farzu,

I still havent been given a date. My initial referral was just over 2 years ago, dont panic though, I doubt you will have to wait that long.

It has been a long journey for me because of being referred by my local hospital to Barts and the London, then being referred from there to the Homerton, then needing for them to wait to hear from other hospitals I am under for other health problems, then having different types of tests and between each one having to wait sometimes 3 months before I could next see them.

My wls consultant had to refer me to his colleague before giving me the go ahead. I am hoping for autumn or before that if I am lucky. It is unlikely should they agree to you having surgery that you will have to wait this long.

Even though its been never ending, in a way I am glad because it has given me time to sit and reflect properly about what it is I will be doing to my body and really plan for the best possible outcome.

I try really really hard not to think about it as it can drive you obsessively insane lol, when it happens it will happen and at least in the meantime I have been able to get some other stuff sorted out healthwise which will make my recovery a tad easier.

Xx

Back