• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brand NEW GP!!!!

farzu

I went to see one of the new doc's of the new practice today. I told her that my old Doc left a note for her and i am willing to go for gastric bypass surgery. She said she didn't get any notes yet and also said that the other doc whom i saw last time wrote on the notes that i don't meet the criteria for the surgery. I said her that i definately meet and showed her all the papers i took with me. she also searched for the NICE guidelines and checked that i do meet the criteria with high-BP and diabetes. I asked her is it is true that a GP cannot refer for surgery as the other doc told me and she said yes but a gp certainly can refer you to the surgeon.

So, she did it. she just refered me lol. i didn't have to tell her anything more as she saw that i meet the criteria and with co-morbidites. She refered me to Royal london Hospital. Now, what should i expect next. I got the appointment for 21th July. I'm so happy that i atleast got to the first step of my dreams to be come true and it wouldn't have been possible without you all (Specially Amanda and Julie for giving me the idea to go and see the old GP). I am very very very very glad that i got you all to support me. I don't have words to explain how happy i am. You all are life savers. Love you all.

thats brilliant news farzu, congratulations im so happy you got your referal in the end x

well that is fantastic news farzu i'm so pleased for you xxx

Thanks ladies.. it wouldn't have been possible without your encouragement.

Thats great news Farzu :) Do you know who you have been referred to? I think the person I first saw there was Mr Patel, who transferred me to the Homerton.

Congratulations on your referral. You must be soooo excited! All hospitals and PCT funding differ so sorry, I can't give you any idea on how it will proceed. The first appointment is usually to tell you all about it and maybe take a few measurements such as height, weight etc. You'll probably go home armed with leaflets so you'll have plenty to read. NHS is notoriously slow so be prepared for a bit of a wait - but none of us got overweight overnight and at least you won't be rushing into things. Best of luck on your journey. Zxx

Thanks, I don't know yet which doctor i'll be seeing for the appointment. Is there any way to find it out?

That really is WONDERFUL news Farzu - at last the beginnings of your WLS journey and just think THIS time next year it will be a whole healthy you - sending you hugs with fairy dust to make you sparkle all the way to your first appointment x

Great news, your persistance paid off.

:party0019::party0019:

Well done Farzu, all your hard work has paid off hun. Only look forward now.

Thanks to all of you. I am very excited. my hubby is also very happy and thanked you all for supporting me.

Ahh bless him. We all need each other on here.

Congrats! That is such wonderful news and I am so pleased for you!

Back