• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How dou stay on the stupid pre-op diet??

repped as many as i could..the others i need to rep someone before u can rep again!!

ur lucky i cant track u down and squeeze u with big cuddles!! :p

Hi hun

How are you feeling with the pre op diet today?? Hope its getting easier for you x

Well done to you, you've turned this round in super quick time!

Hi Magicbeans just wanted to say you can do this and you will cos if you dont your op WILL BE CANCELLED and that is horrible trust me I know. I've been on the milk diet for almost 3 weeks and its hard but the rewards are too great to mess it up. Good Luck and keep posting it will help xxx

So glad to catch up with you and to see that the others on here have been so helpful and got you on track with you liver shrinking.....

Not long to go and we'll both be on our way to being super slim..............no pain without gain (well you know what I mean).

Take care, xx

wow guys,i have just read all the threads. i have to start a low fat diet from next wed (2weeks b4 my op) so nervous.. i will try slimfast too. good luck to you magic, keep in touch with your progress xx

Great to hear you're sticking with it. Not long now til the op. You can do it!

I can be harsh, blunt?

either stay on the diet and have the op. or dont stay on the diet and dont have the op. its your choice. you are choosing to eat and are responsible for your own actions.

(eek!!! sorry!) I know you can do it!!! keep on it xxx

Wow ...just thank you so much. each person i am tryuly greatful. been reading these replies to my husband and we both are like OHHHHHHHH! so stupid we had no clue as to all the biochem and anatomy of the procedure (and ive done medical biochem at uni!!)

thats it guys im defo sticking to it...i did from yesterday. sarah's sent me her diet sheet and its fab!! so am gonna stick to that......defo do not wana be stitched up and told to jog on! no way!! wana start this journey and it needs me to stop whinging and 'man up'!! haha

im super focused today!! bring on the shrinken liver! woop

thanks all of u.... seriously i cannot thank u enough :)
I love "bring on the shrinking liver"!

was away with the inlaws this weekend...told them im on a diet ..so couldnt share in with the choc doughnuts and muffins that were being passed around....

managed to go the day ydy on weetabix, then virtually nowt and then had a leggera pizza at pizza express around 500 cals or a tad more im sure!!

today had museli...blooming 190 kcla a pack at the premier inn where we were...and skimmed milk. 2 tangerines for lunch...a headache for the rest of the day :p and then chicken tikka grilled with salad for dinner. on way back kids were promised macdonalds...so treated myself to 2 carrot stick bags and diet coke! haha ..but u know what im super focused. i was saying to hubby..cant wait to go back and check this forum for more kicks up the butt and motivation!!

now am back home will try to stick to sarah's diet sheet... 3 days from tomorrow!! am shattered as defo not used to such low sugar levels... blooming borderline diabetic arent i! so glad im going down this path and so glad u all are there to kick me up the butt!!

love ya

and miss hungry if that liver isnt shrunken im gonna ask the surgeon to open me up agaon so i can beat it...seriously pre op diet is intense.... maura and vonny good luck with ur pre-op diets...im a big whimp but once u r in the zone u just kinda do it...am sitting here with a bottle of volvic..a weeka ago it would have been a big bag of crisps and choc ice cream....but bottom line....do i wana still be only able to shop on the net/evans .....or be able to actually GO TO THE SHOPS...not shoP!

Magic - which pre op diet are you following - I am a tad concerned you have had a lot of carbs there and your op is in 3 days.

tranquil x

She will be fine TB, she is now focussed and remember yesterday she was away from home, not the best of times to start a diet.
I personally think she did really well considering the temptations of donuts and macdonald's.
Go Girl, you will get there, you have to!

Magic - which pre op diet are you following - I am a tad concerned you have had a lot of carbs there and your op is in 3 days.

tranquil x

oh really??? crud...i was told low cal low fat 800kcal diet. nothing else!! hence this thread has been fab with ppl sending their diet sheets and tips and advice...kinda left to it. what happens if u have too much carbs? wont the liver shrink even if u r STARVING (as i find myself currently!)

She will be fine TB, she is now focussed and remember yesterday she was away from home, not the best of times to start a diet.
I personally think she did really well considering the temptations of donuts and macdonald's.
Go Girl, you will get there, you have to!
aww thanks,....but dont wana do this and then be told ...whoopsy ur fat liver got in the way....no way could do this pre op diet all over again.... never done a VLCD...can u tell!! im useless!! haha

Dorothy Perkins go up to size 22. u can find bits in john lewis/house of fraser etc. also asda etc.

but yeah i rate Evans for being there. imagine if they wernt....bin liners all round!!...but VARIETY is what i needs!!

bought slim fast today, and ice and a blender....then saw a mum from school in asda and was trying to hide the trolley...i always have trolley shame thinking ooh what will they think cos i got a pack of chocs in there or like today slimming stuff!! can never win!!

anyways...am defo in a running for ur title today...MRS hungry!

Could you have soup? I always find it fills me up and although some will be high in the wrong things, there may be others that you could have?

Keep going girl, not long now. xx

had soup :( its bleurgh.

sorry im so rubbish!! haha....had choc weetabix (154cals for 2) with semi skimmed milk for breky, chicken stock with veg soup (mum made it... so thats quite low in cals...) and then choc weetabix and SKIMMED milk about half hr ago

so thats like 500 kcals already? yikes. i did ring HW up and she was really not bothered about carbs! she said to stick to 800-1000cal! ?????? seriously whats going on people?! so glad its round the corner im hating it!

You really are a case girl and you do make me smile. I didn't even know weetabix made a chocolate version!!!

Not too long now, just think of that lovely "liquid only" diet for when you come home.....lol

Take care, xx

von im not kidding..i really wana eat the whole bag of phileas fog. its calling my name. carbs dripping in oil.

and yeah I HEART choc weetabix. i eat it as its not too high in sugar and low in cals...and super yummy!! think i should have had protein though as im having a carb crash!! hmm... if only i could be good. gonna have a KFC salad today...300cals....

wana twister meal...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

i realise i talk a lot about food. :p

liquid diet...im not thinking about it!

Dorothy Perkins go up to size 22. u can find bits in john lewis/house of fraser etc. also asda etc.

but yeah i rate Evans for being there. imagine if they wernt....bin liners all round!!...but VARIETY is what i needs!!

bought slim fast today, and ice and a blender....then saw a mum from school in asda and was trying to hide the trolley...i always have trolley shame thinking ooh what will they think cos i got a pack of chocs in there or like today slimming stuff!! can never win!!

anyways...am defo in a running for ur title today...MRS hungry!
lol, you can be Mrs Hungry!
trolley shame! Been there many times. I have been known to buy myself a box of chocs or huge bar and then a birthday card too so it looks like the choc is a present! How ridiculous is that?!
I have mixed feelings about Evans, they have been a savior, but at the same time I have hated 99 percent of their clothes. Variety sounds AMAZING!
I will try dorothy perkins again, when I was lighter, I used to be able to get their jeans on. But in the last year, if I wandered into a "normal" clothes shop, I felt like they were looking at me thinking"why is she in here? she is too fat"!
xx

Back