• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Being ready for wls...bypass

bubbaloo82

Well.... Just got off the phone and they have now moved my date for surgery... I now have 36 days... All of a sudden I'm scared!! Of course I'm still excited as my new life is about 2 start!!

Now worrying that I have so much 2 organise in a short space of time... Don't know where 2 start!! :s

What do I need 2 take 2 hospital??

What can I have done that would help me after surgery?? i.e food

I have spent a lot of time researching... Now my times come.. My mind is blank.

Any help would b great fully received :)

X jo X

I'll let the experienced bypassers answer the foody question! In terms of taking things to the hospital I was so ill afterwards the only things I used were ear plugs, dressing gown and toiletries for showers. Some no added sugar squash and mouthwash were the only two things I was missing and I wish I had x x

Just take the basics to hospital,your to busy recovering to be messing with a laptop etc!
A pillow for traveling home is a must..
Nighties as pjs press on your stomach..
No wired bras are much comfy too as they can press on wounds.
Mmmm I think some more...as I had my bypass 2 1/2 years ago..
Have you got a food cupboard ready?

Earplugs and eye mask essential!
I was fine with my PJs as they were comfy.
Warm socks as my feet got really cold.
Best of luck x

Just take the basics to hospital,your to busy recovering to be messing with a laptop etc!
A pillow for traveling home is a must..
Nighties as pjs press on your stomach..
No wired bras are much comfy too as they can press on wounds.
Mmmm I think some more...as I had my bypass 2 1/2 years ago..
Have you got a food cupboard ready?

Thank you

Pillows a fab idea... Do have a 3 hr drive :s

No I don't have a food cupboard yet... 2 b honest my minds gone absolutely blank... I feel like I don't know where 2 start!! Hopefully in a couple of days the brain may start 2 function again (with a bit of luck)

X jo X

Hi I have my bypass on Tuesday and I thought today the same as you, so

I rang the dietician today and she said to eat anything that's smooth and runny
for the first two weeks, soup, smoothies, yogurt without bits, milk she said don't worry
about water I'd be better having something with nutritional value rather than plain water.
If I had tinned soup in that is chunky just to liquidise it and add milk to thin it down if needed.

I went to Tesco and brought actimel, smoothies, smooth soup. It'll most likely last the full
two weeks with the amount I'll be eating. lol

I'm only taking nightie, dressing gown, slippers, socks, toiletries, ipad ( with kindle app) iphone.
No purse or bag just a bit of cash just in case.
I'll remember to take off all my jewellery this time, if I can get my wedding ring off, highly unlikely.

Only got a five min journey home so not worried about that.

Anyway good luck on your journey. Xxx

Best of luck ladies. I met some lovely people when I had my bypass and we keep in contact. It's great to share the experience, ideas hints and tips. X

Hi I have my bypass on Tuesday and I thought today the same as you, so

I rang the dietician today and she said to eat anything that's smooth and runny
for the first two weeks, soup, smoothies, yogurt without bits, milk she said don't worry
about water I'd be better having something with nutritional value rather than plain water.
If I had tinned soup in that is chunky just to liquidise it and add milk to thin it down if needed.

I went to Tesco and brought actimel, smoothies, smooth soup. It'll most likely last the full
two weeks with the amount I'll be eating. lol

I'm only taking nightie, dressing gown, slippers, socks, toiletries, ipad ( with kindle app) iphone.
No purse or bag just a bit of cash just in case.
I'll remember to take off all my jewellery this time, if I can get my wedding ring off, highly unlikely.

Only got a five min journey home so not worried about that.

Anyway good luck on your journey. Xxx

Hi

Wow Tuesday... Good luck!! :)

Thanks for all the ideas have me pre op appointment week Wednesday sure they'll put me on the right road!!

Wishin u all the best for Tuesday will defo look for updates :)

X jo X

I just had my bypass on the 12th and I wish I knew about the ear plugs and mask.I had a rough time getting any sleep even drugged up on pain meds!

Back