• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Best Doctor/Private???

farzu

Hello everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone knows who is the best Doctor or private for Gastric Sleeve? i have idea about Band and Bypass but didn't hear a lot about sleeve. any idea? How is do i search for these? I'm getting dumb day by day. day before yesterday i had a breakdown and cried like a baby for 2 hours. everyone around me is gossiping about my husband and i not having a baby :( they are calling names. I know my husband didn't show or tell me anything but he was very hurt. its all my fault :cry:

oooo farzu!! how on earth is it your fault about not having a baby..... you need to tell these narrow minded people to MIND THERE OWN BUSINESS the nasty people...... sweetpea just hold your head up and your on the right road to achieving your dream, you and your husband stick together and ignore anyone else..... as for recommendations i would go to your gp and ask them as there ll know reptible doctors even for private cases... whatever you do do your reasearch and dont just go to the cheapest...... i do know bupa are very reputable xxxx

good luck xxx

Bupa hospitals are now mostly Spire, and I know our local spire does the Sleeve, so maybe have a google and see if there is one near you?

When i was looking for a surgeon for my private bypass i did what Shell has suggested and googled Spire and once i had a short list i then checked with the lovely peeps on here. Kelly is right these people are narrow minded and it is def not your fault that you can't have a baby. Talk to your husband its so important to be strong together and put these ignorant people in thir place. Good luck x

Hi farzu, sorry you're feeling so down just now. I've been looking into the sleeve as well, mostly because I'm beginning to trust the reliability of the band less and I'm too scared to go for the full bypass.
The Spire hospitals seem to have a good reputation and interestingly I noted that at least one of the Spire hospitals is £3300 cheaper than my nearest, which is Edinburgh.
There are lots of experienced people on here to guide and support you and lots of not-so-experienced ones like me who can just let you know we're thinking of you. Take care.

I went through Healthier Weight and I know they use a surgeon in London for sleeves.

Hello everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone knows who is the best Doctor or private for Gastric Sleeve? i have idea about Band and Bypass but didn't hear a lot about sleeve. any idea? How is do i search for these? I'm getting dumb day by day. day before yesterday i had a breakdown and cried like a baby for 2 hours. everyone around me is gossiping about my husband and i not having a baby :( they are calling names. I know my husband didn't show or tell me anything but he was very hurt. its all my fault :cry:

Its not your fault....not anyones fault its just how it is. Its hard to ignore gossips but please try and stay strong, hold your head up high, you are better than they are.

I am likely to have a gastric sleeve and I went throught the streamline surgical who are headed up by Shaw Somers who is the lead bariatric surgeon at St Peters in Chichester. When I was looking I wanted to go with a surgeon who also has NHS links and has plenty of experience. I know that the sleeve isnt the most practiced op in the uk but it is very popular in Australia and I found a forum there which was useful:
www.gastricsleevesupport.com X

Farzu, you really worry me! Having spoken to you on FB i appreciate how important it is for you to lose your excess weight so that you can give your husband the child that he and you both want. What scares me is the 'what if' factor. Weight loss doesn't automatically mean you will be blessed, sometimes Mother Nature is cruel....

I think as well as wls you should perhaps be seeking some kind of relationship counselling for both of you. You both need to present a united front to these gossips and tell them to mind their own business, you are taking care of yours.....

Wls is a massive undertaking and it's so important that mentally as well as physically you are strong. I hope your husband can give you the support you are going to need...

Love to you both xx

What horrible small minded people, not everybody wants children (i know you do.) Just ignore them, there so un happy with their own life they feel the need to upset others. I'm reading Paul Mckenna Change your life in 7 days and in his book he says think of what is bothering you (make it a still image) turn it in your mind to black and white, then make the image (in your mind) go smaller and smaller, you need to do this everyday. He says do this with negative thoughts. I recommend the book 100% and you get two disc's a CD and a DVD. Don't let these horrible people win.
Sorry i can't help you with WLS but doing my research i liked Mr Ammorri but he's in Manchester, so a bit of a trek, good luck xxx

Dear Farzu,

Julie has some wise words here... as do your other friends on here....

I just want to say that it's of no importance when people pass comments and gossip, please try and turn the other way and let anything hurtful such as this go right over your head and not into your heart... Easier said than done and it took me many years of practice, but I have that approach now, rarely to I get knocked flat in life without bouncing right back!

Come on love, turn yourself around and think very carefully about the issues which are of great importance and how to get the support that is going to be needed for both your weighloss journey and becoming a parent.

Just deal with small parts of the problems if they are overwhelming and seek out support that you can talk to and feel able to be yourself... very often by sharing and talking through our problems, it relieves that terrible lonliness and despair...

I'm sending a huge hug your way and please keep in touch.

Much love,
Bev xxx

Back