• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Best post op foods

4Gr8kids

I will be doing my shopping soon and want to know what were your favorite things to eat within first 2 weeks post op.

No added sugar Crusha and cream of mushroom/chicken soup I use to add milk to them. Chicken Complain is gross I still have 3 sachets left(you get four) and an on opened Original flavour waste of money. Just get soups in the food flavours you like.

Glad I only got the four sachets of Chicken! Maybe we should recycle them?
Anyone who likes it please apply :) lol

I was just thinking the same thing lol. Complain "FREE" to a good home :)

For me it was Ready Brek and Cheesy Mash.

Watch out for the Tomato soup it has a very high sugar content.

Paul

I could manage my food well early on. I used to have tomato soup with a piece of corned beef in. As you warm it, the meat softens right up and it's a fab source of protein. I made red lentil, bacon and tomato soup, very well blended - another great source of protein!

As you move on - If I made the family a roast dinner, I blended the meat then the veg, took out my portion size then froze the rest in ice cube trays. That way you only defrost a couple of cubes - 2 meat, 2 veg or 1 of each. Just remember you may need to add more gravy to help it go down.

I never bought any protein drinks, complan soups or anything like it. Maybe I was lucky with my recovery. Just make sure your protein is high to aid your healing.

Good luck!

Back