• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BEST THING ABOUT YOUR SURGERY

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
Thought i would start this post to inspire those of you who are pre op. Doesn't matter if you have a band, a bypass or a sleeve name two things only that you consider to be the "best" about your surgery,
MY Bypass points
1) Knowing that every pound lost is a pound gone FOREVER!
2) Knowing my portion sizes are controlled for me

Allie x

I'm finding it difficult to find anything good to say yet ( early days i know) i don't want to put anyone off though , as i was aware i would need willpower alone for the first few months.
Good points i hope are to come !(in the not to distant future)

3 weeks post surgery, so, so far I would say:

Being under 20 stone for the first time in 8 years.

Having a period - regularly!

Previously I only ever had a few throughout my life from 12 to 23! Now they are here every month ;) ;) Well happy :D

I would say the band has forced me (in a positive way) to take control and responsibility for my eating habits.
To stop moping around hoping that weightloss will just happen to me and actually shut up moaning and take action daily to ensure it works.
When I first had the op I still had the defeatest "I will never lose weight " attitude. All that was doing was getting me fatter and killing me.
Now I have had assistance from the band WHEN I have followed it's rules and lost enough that I have more energy and self esteem.
I will not just lose weight by having the band alone, doesn't work like that I'm afraid.
However, what I have developed together with the band is more self discipline and hope for the future. The fat that has been strangling my body all these years will go and I am capable of shifting it. The biggest change has been in my mind.

I'm only 4 weeks post op, but i get excited when i go to get weighed every Tuesday at my PCTs weight management clinic. Its amazing to get on the scales and see the pounds dropping off (i used to dread getting weighed !!)
I honestly can't remember when i was last this weight, probably my teens / early 20's
For the first time i am lighter than my husband and last week i had lots of fun trying on all my clothes and throwing out everything thats too big for me and re-discovering the stuff that had got too tight to wear.
My blood pressure has already come down and my meds have been reduced. GP said that i will probably come off the meds altogether in the next few weeks.
And finally - an embarassingly vain admission - I love it when people comment positively on the visible weight loss !

hmm 2 best things...

having the confidence to do things i never would have before.. i had agrophobia before and now i even goin swimming an gym on my OWN! id have never done that in a million years

and secondly.. id say my periods and feeling like a woman again! i hated not having a monthly cycle (i had 2 a yr) but im 3 months out and have had 3 cycles :) my body is getting bk to the norm! :) x

My energy/fitness levels and the control i have gained over my eating habits , i dont feel a massive difference in my self but i was not unfit or unwell before. I now look forward to the future rather than worrying what may be, little things are doing it for me like not having the worry of a chair breaking or not being the biggest in the room and i know by june i will be able to sit on the plane without an extention belt and look forward to going on holiday and not coming back putting a stone on lol

Im only five weeks post op but so far the best things have been:-

Getting into clothes that I wore a few years ago and they are loose on me.

Getting my weekly shop for £15 instead of £50 and it fitting in a basket not a trolley

People saying how well I look

The knowledge that I have done something amazing and done something about my weight.

My sugar levels now being normal and off my medication.

The confidence to check out gyms.

fab thread Allie,

The best thing for me is feeling invisible - which might be a bit of an odd thing to say - but it is wonderful that I no longer stand out as some kind of obese freak for people to stare at or feel sorry for. I feel kind of "normal" now, and can walk down the street without anyone giving me a second glance.

fab thread Allie,

The best thing for me is feeling invisible - which might be a bit of an odd thing to say - but it is wonderful that I no longer stand out as some kind of obese freak for people to stare at or feel sorry for. I feel kind of "normal" now, and can walk down the street without anyone giving me a second glance.

That does not sound odd at all sam think that what we all crave for to blend rather than stand out, awful to say but nice to not always feel like the biggest person in the room x

Hi Guys
Thought i would start this post to inspire those of you who are pre op. Doesn't matter if you have a band, a bypass or a sleeve name two things only that you consider to be the "best" about your surgery,
MY Bypass points
1) Knowing that every pound lost is a pound gone FOREVER!
2) Knowing my portion sizes are controlled for me

Allie x
Hi Gaelic Girl, nice to have found a familiar face. Hope all is well with you?
Have left the other site following a dispute with the moderator, just concentrating on this now.
As I am regarded as a newbie on this site, cannot find out yet if there is anyone else I would know from the the other one (especially Sunderland Group)
If you can help with this I would appreciate it.

Regards

Paul x (ChefClay/Senor Pablo)

Love this thread

I really can't wait to be invisible too :D

Back