• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hot fat and sweaty, what was your turning point

sewingbelle56

i cant bear this heat it makes me realise how big i have become
and how much i hate it
Yesterday i was struggling to bend down putting stationary in a cupboard, getting upset because i was so hot and bothered and out of puff i totally freaked out at my husband for not being arround when i needed help (like you do when you are upset at yourself you lash out with frustration not even knowing whats up at the time, figuring it out later when you have cried and calmed down)

it has been another year since i decided i couldn't cope with being this big for another summer

well summers here hot sticky and hell for fat little me.
not any more this worm has turned
and my impatience has lasted about 10 days waiting on my dr and the nhs list

today is morgage day and with surgicare And Dr Ammori at 4.15 pm next year is not going to be a fat hot and sweaty hell for me
Bypass in august is for me i will let you no the out come and date tomorrow.

what was your turing points if you dont mind sharing

like you hot stick and sweaty i hate this weather ,taking 20mins to put knikkers on,not being ablt to wash my own feet properly,the pain in my knees making walking so painfull,i honistly could fill a page with reasons but untill last year i didnt know i could get it done on nhs.as soon as i foud out i went streight to dr to ask for op and now my op is very close.im terified but i cant wait i feel so excited. good luck with your op

well the sweatyness was definately a factor...the job I do now involves mopping a huge reception floor many times in a day (work in a Vets)...team that with a nasty polyester uniform = oozing buckets of sweat...not very nice when you have to still serve clients at the desk :sigh:
I was also having big problems with my right knee that were beginning to appear in my left knee too, so guessed that if I went back to GP about them (had cortisone injections that didn't work) that my weight would have been blamed :cry:

strangely enough, my knee has improved even just with losing the 18lb I lost so far...it can only get better :D

i was sick of having no quality of life always feeling knackered/tired, pain full knees/back and being a crap mum as i couldnt do things i wanted to do with my son, now thats all changed and i couldnt be happier xxx

i also feel like a crap mum , i am embarrazed for them at the size of me compared to other mums i dont want them knowing that mummys bigger than most of the other mums, and at 4 and 3 its not going to be long before they twig

for me it was seeing the programme Half Ton Mum who was so much bigger than me and was able to be operated on. Despite the fact she passed away, it made me certain that it was the right path for me and I was right!

It was my husband leaving me and our young daughter and having an affair with a girl in work 20 years younger than him in work who's the size of a racing snake, blonde, drives a sports car and has much better job than me. I'm not bitter though!

Not wanting to suffer another summer. I never went out in the sun because of the sweat and the feeling sick because of the fat and having to be covered up at all times. I'm already feeling better in the sun and not getting half as frustrated as I usually do. Next year will be even better.

mines the same as most of you, im dreading doing the school run this afternoon its so hot out there and by the time ive walked all the way there i ll be sweating and i feel so embrassed standing with all the other mums because there all dressed in lovely dresses and shorts
it was sports day last week at my kids school and i nearly didnt make myself go, has i feel so bad about my size
good luck girlies xx

Mine was 2 reasons but related really, I was visiting the doctors (no longer with this practise) and was told that the contraceptive pill I was taking was fine while I was 12 stone but at around 19 he advised I take 2 or change tablets. The other is that I cannot have a pelvic clearance op to rid me of my painful adhesions and stuck bits until I am 14 stone. I have 2 stone 8 to go and have an appointment in September - hope I can make it!

Good luck with your appointment! x

I think a huge part of it was going away on holiday and hearing a few of the Spanish men talking about me. We went to a waterpark on one day and the staff were *****ing about me in Spanish (I understood enough to know it wasn't nice!!!). I came back determined to do something about it but a few weeks later I hadn't. I then booked an appointment with the doc and had considered taking pills but then realised that it wouldn't be enough, and I couldn't be on those pills forever. I hadn't realised how miserable it was making me until I spoke to the doc and felt a bit tearful!!! I'm 28 for gods sakes!! I shouldn't feel like that!!!

Ooopps sorry for going on!!! Better than therapy this website!!!

everything everything made me decide enough was enough
I had three children and when my baby was 2 months old I went BACK !! on xenical but was told a band might be the best solution and hopefully it will be done in teh next couple of months.
I hate being fat and sweaty and lookign **** in summer clothes when other mums are commenting on lovely strappy dresses and tops I am there in my size 24 tesco t shirt and jeans !!! not pretty with long hair thats gone all straggly with sweat.
this fat has got to go xxx

Yes I hate feeling hot and clammy, but my turning point was, I feared I would need help with my person hygiene if I gained any more weight.

Fortunatley my house is very shaded, so it is cool throughout the day. I only notice the heat if I go out.

My turning point was the being the fat mum at all of the twins activities. I am always ashamed of how I look. I worry about embarrassing my 11 year old daughter as well.

Turning point was breaking my foot last year and it tood 6mnths to come out of plaster!!! Broke 4 bones! Fell on it with all 17stone 4lbs!!!! Not nice...
Also haven't been able to do a 'mums race' at school for any of my children yet. My 2 older ones are 14 & 10 so i'm too late for them, but my youngest is nearly 9 so i have 2 more sports days to go!!! I'm determined i'll do it!

Mine was having a fast AF - Atrial Fibrilation - a couple of months ago - and being very frightened. Although this heart problem is not weight related it was just something else that I could do without!! So here I am banded.

mine like a lot of you is the heat too not a good look when your hair is soaking and it's not down to the rain ha ha. Won't wear shorts so stuck in clothes that make me even warmer just so i can hide behind them. Comments too is a familar embarassment when you know you are being laughed at don't people realise that "big" people have hearts too? Still no more hot sweaty summers for me either after this one. Sewingbelle would be good to hear what date you get i'm booked for Mr Ammori at Spire for 7th Aug xx

I cant stand the heat at any time it makes me sweat like a pig , I get a shower in the morning 5 mins after the sweat is running down my body like a river . Try to put my makeup on and it wont stick to my skin because of the sweat bummer . Bing on the surgery so for once in a long long time I can be normal . Good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

Back