• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve Bodybuilding post sleeve.

Very Big Chris

Does anybody here bodybuild post sleeve. I have returned to the gym and bodybuilding after 30 years to help my pre-op fitness and am interested in corresponding with those of you who bodybuild or weightlift after surgery.

I have lost 40Kg in the last 5 months whilst starting to show reasonable muscle gains.

How long did you have to wait before returning to serious weights?

Beyond the obvious use of whey protein, what supplements did you find useful, or incompatible with your post-op digestion?

Are you able to maintain muscle mass whilst losing fat?

My op is this Thursday (the 30th) so I should be back online early next week.

Thanks in advance, Chris

VBC, my op was 13/07 and I am planning to do the same. I used to bodybuild years ago and am keen to go back it now that I have had my surgery.

Keep in touch so we can update each other.

My last gym day was the day b4 surgery. My consultant, knowing my keeness to get back, super glued my wound sites. I was allowed to go back swimming 2 weeks post op, and he hopes to let me go back to lifting after my 6 week appointment. You have to give it 6 weeks so that your insides cannot herniate through your wound sites!!!!!!!!!

I have found my protein whey has made post of calorie consumption much easier. I has already lost over 40Kg pre op, and want to take my last 20Kg more slowly.

Let me know how you get on

Chris

i know nothing ,only my 2 sons lift , just wanted to say , well done to get to the point where you can get fit and get back something you enjoy , ,i think your amazing ,and wish you happy liftin! lol x

Back