• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Booked in for march 2017, crapping myself!

I actually seem to live on lattes so I don't think it will harm .. good source of protein actually ..

Staying focused and facing forward is a good thing , but the past will always come up to bite you .. whether it's something someone says , a smell even can take you right back .. Have you ever thought of counselling ? This could be a very positive thing for you to do , to lay whatever demons are lurking in the back of your head and life .. The problem with burying " bones " is that they always appear again at some time ..
This is all about you and for you now , no one else .. Do this for you and what you what to be . Close everything else out , nothing else matters but you ... The rest will all fall into place ..
Xxxx

Currently sat enjoying the sunshine!

Weight loss seems to have slowed down to a standstill over the past few days although according to my fitness pal I am not drinking/eating anywhere near enough so that's probably the reason why.

Trying to get as much protein liquid down as I can but over the past few days ive just not been feeling hungry at all. Has anyone experienced similar?

I can move on to puree meals this week also which before i was looking forward to but now just worried about what i should and shouldn't be eating! Any tips would be gratefully received...

No , liquid will slip right through the band with no problem .. if you think of a funnel .. liquid will slip straight through but if you put anything thicker into the funnel it won't run through and will sit there ..
this is how the band will work when your fully healed .. so the opposite to the advice now .. when fully healed , we eat dry,crunchy, thick food that will sit and not slip through the band , that's also why we don't drink with meals , that's to stop the food from slipping through ..
So for now your looking to swallow very loose foods that will slip right through your new band and not cause any damage ..
xxxx
What a great description of how a band works x

So tomorrow I will be 3 weeks post op and I have to say that moving on from liquids has been haaaaard....

I started off with scrambled eggs and fish pie with yoghurt but became lax very very quickly and have been nibbling on spoonfuls of rice occasionally and spaghetti hoops mixed with tuna etc. I've definitely been eating too much and been feeling the after effects in my stomach. I suppose that it doesn't help that I am struggling to go to the toilet either.

In moving back to the eggs and yoghurts but it's very boring!!

Anyone got any tips? I have tried the 20/20/20 rule but for such soft foods its difficult to chew for that long as its already sliding down before I can stop it!

Am i feeling restriction already as my weight loss has slowed a lot but according to myfitnesspal i am not eating anywhere near enough!

Hi
What you have to ask yourself now is ..
Am I actually hungry
Am I eating out of habit
Am I eating because I'm bored
Am I comfort eating ..

These are habits our bands cannot help with and in my view they are so hard to break , but you have to , or you've wasted your money and your hopes ..
your portion size must remain small or your going to do long term damage to your new stomach pouch .. If you over eat your going to stretch it , and doing so will cause your floppy over stretched stomach to slip through the band and create a very dangerous situation indeed which will require emergency surgery .. you could put pressure on your sutured wall and cause it to rupture ..
treat eating like fuel for the car .. Food is not a treat , is purely fuel that keeps your body moving , that's all ..Treats are how we got obese in the first place .. tasting good is a bonus but there is so much more to life than food I've discovered .. freeing yourself from this food addiction is a hard battle you just have to win , no other way to sugar coat it really ..
So ask yourself seriously
Do I want the food , why do I want the food
Do I want such a big portion and damage my band
Do I want to allow food to rule my life any more or am I going to control it
Do I really want to lose this excessive weight and become the woman I want to be or is food ore important than my dreams
Last night , before I knew what I was doing , I was opening cupboard doors , getting cross with myself because I couldn't find anything to eat .. Then it hit me , I was hunting for carbs , I wasn't hungry , I was craving .. Carbs are my heroin and always will be .. Are they your addiction as well ?
We are here to support you and help with ideas and problems so never worry .. Some help may seem harsh but it's no good tiptoeing around things ..
join Pinterest and look up gastric band recipies
By a gastric band cook book
Eat protein , scrap all carbs ..
good luck
Mindy
Xxxx

Thank you both. The harsher the better I think.

When I sit down to eat I do totally forgot about what i might be doing to myself and now I feel very guilty because the only person I am harming in all that is myself.

I have stuck to mashed up fish and eggs but haven't been so good with water.

I can tell now that I should be taking a liquid breakfast and lighter lunch and have decided to go back to a few days of liquids.

I called the helpline and I will keep away from rice and other heavier things. They think it's probably because my bowels are struggling...

I have a few tough days towards the end of the week, various parties to attend and i am worried that a lot of the food on offer is going to be chicken and rice but hopefully i can resist and get away with moving food around my plate but not forgetting to fuel up!

Onwards and downwards on the scale!

Back