• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Thanks Daisy .. I'm a,most sure it was the mushrooms because when I burped all I could taste was them .. Another lesson learnt ..
xxxx

Well here I am a whole year today since I had my band fitted .. .. It's flown by ..
I can say , hand on heart , I do not regret it one bit .. It may sound dramatic and over the top , but this band has saved my life in more ways that one ..
Weighed myself today and I am -102lbs .. That figure , that weight loss , would never have happened if I hadn't had the band fitted .. Weight loss has slowed right down since mid December but I'm fine with that .. I know my body could not maintain the standard of weight loss that it had dropped so dramatically...
I simply could not list all the ways that my band has helped me .. Conquering a food addiction is the top .. I have a lease on life now , a life where I'm no longer sitting in the side lines pretending I'm ok with it ..

Never give up buddies , keep chugging away ..
Mindy
Xxx
Congratulations on your surgery anniversary and all you have achieved in the year Mindy, it is really amazing. Sorry about the band issues, as has been suggested by others here, maybe cut out the offending foods for a while and see before going for a defill? All the best.

All is going well with my daughter .. I'm so very proud of the way she has dug deep and embraced what is going to happen to her .. I would have laid a bet that she would have gone completely off the rails and eaten everything in sight for the last week or so knowing she had 6 weeks to go till surgery .. But she started her basic diet the very next day after her pre op check ups .. she decided to do the milk diet after asking me about all the different liver diets out there , I tried to pursuede her to do my chicken and veg one but she shook her head and said if she was going to do this then she could not cope with eating and had to have the strict no food milk diet .. I truly admire her for this as I'm not sure I could have done that ..
Well , Saturday night she weighed herself .. 9 days of milk diet .. I'm not sure what I as expecting but it wasn't this result ! -14lbs , 1 stone ! A whole stone gone ..I was speechless along with her .. Her eyes filled up and she did a little dance :)
This has totally spurred her on .. She still has 3 weeks to go before her op and is holding fast bless her ..
I have warned her that this following week she may not get that huge result again but she says she's ready for anything ..
Exciting times indeed !

As for me , i admit I am a little dejected .. I still cannot get my weight to shift .. I've tracked my food with an app , 1000 calories a day for a week , nothing .. I've upped my protein , nothing .. I swim 40 - 44 laps 3 times a week also ..
so now I'm going to have to take drastic action and do my liver diet to shake my body up .. starting Tues I'm going to go back to my liver diet for a week and see what happens .. If I feel ok on it then I will continue for another week .. I just want to shock my body out of its slumber ..

Hoping you are all doing great !
Xxxx

What a great booster for your daughter, she must feel so motivated with a whole stone gone and it sounds like she has truly embraced the start of this journey, wish her good luck form me, I hope the liver diet works for you too Mindy, as I've not reached that far in my journey im not sure I can offer advice but I do wish you luck. How long is it since you've lost ? x

I havnt lost anything since mid December .. I've dropped by 4lbs gone back up by 4 lbs a couple of times , so I'm maintaining really well and I honestly would be happy as I am if I didn't need my new knees .. I love my new shape , im curvy where I need it , my skin isn't to bad at all .. But I need another 2st off to be in the right BMI bracket for the NHS .. I'm kind of in a hurry as I don't want another year to slip by with these knees making my life hard .. And I want to book an exciting holiday but again cannot do that until I know about my knees ..
might have to look through my old food diaries from the couple of months after the op and repeat them .. Hopefulllly a short sharp shock of liver diet will work
Xxx

Well done to your daughter! I'm with her on the milk diet being easier because you don't have to think about food at all. Fingers crossed if she's got this far she will sail through the rest of it.

I'm sorry you're struggling tho Mindy. Do you think you might need more calories to fuel all that exercise? I don't track anything besides protein and fluid but sometimes not eating enough can cause a stall? I've been the same weight since around Christmas too give or take a couple of pounds. Maybe your plan to do the LRD will shake things up? Good luck!

Great that you've maintained but understand what your saying about the knees, I must remember to keep a food diary after (hopefully) surgery, yes that may help but see what Fee wrote could also be right, you are doing an awful lot of exercise and may need more calories, I'm guessing you've tried reading some threads from the banders section of this forum. Good luck Xx

Yep, the big stall is upon us! In the same boat this year but hanging on, have been tempted to try milk as well. Well done to your daughter - at least some weight loss joy in the family to keep you motivated and company on the lsd if you decide to go ahead...

Morning all
Not a lot going on with me at the moment .. swimming for 3 hours a week or more if I can fit it in .. My body is a really confusing thing at the moment ..
How can we change size but not lose weight ?
I bought a top at the beginning of December , size 18 , it was right across my belly and shoulders when I tried it on .. So hung it away in the wardrobe for later .. Tried it on a couple of weeks ago and it's actually loose on me ! But the scales are showing a very small loss .. Bizarre ... Also my leggings are much looser .. my scales say I am just about to hit the 7 1/2 st loss bracket which I am so chuffed about ..
So the scales don't lie but they do tell little fibs , so don't get hung up on the pounds ..

Daughter is having her op this coming thurs , 4th may . She's done so incredibly well on the pre op diet and she's actually amazed me .. I thought she would really struggle and cave but she hasn't and her scales are showing the amazing results ..
She first saw her consultant about 6 weeks ago and decided she would start her strict diet when she had 4 weeks to go , so she cut all junk out and did the milk diet for a week as a tester before Easter .. dropped 11lb ! Took a week break and then back on the diet .. she weighs in on Sunday's and last weekend she had lost a total of 19lb ! Holy moley batman ! Isn't that amazing ! So we will weigh her again tomorrow ..
we plan to go to town tomorrow to get all the bits she needs and I suggested we go to her favourite place to eat , Eds Diner , for her "last meal " , but she has respectively declined .. I'm so proud of the way she has embraced this ..
So now we are on the count down to Thursday ...

Mindy
Xxxxx

Good luck to your daughter - she is doing great. :) I know she has you for support, but is she going to post on here too so we can all support her?

I see the knee surgeon on the 15th May. I still have a couple of stone to lose to get to BMI of 35 but hoping he will put me on the list, which will give me extra motivation.

Good look Mindy's daughter and to you too @SAM55 on the 15th.
Did you have a defill in the end Mindy? I totally agree that the scales aren't the whole picture. If your clothes are getting bigger than your body is definitely shrinking. Maybe it's the Olympian style muscles you're building with all your swimming balancing the scales but toning you up?

Morning !
Sam that's interesting so I might take your lead and ask for my referral instead of waiting until I've lost my couple of stone .. didn't take into consideration the waiting list ..
This is going to sound odd , but I don't want anyone I know to know about this support page .. This is my space to write anything I want and share deep thoughts , like a private diary really .. So my family don't know about this forum ..
And I actually don't think she would like keeping a log etc .. She is the type of person who tackles things day by day not long term and can be a bit of an ostrich when it comes to facing problems ..

Fee , I did go and get a real slight adjustment and touch wood it seems to be ok .. Not had any major stuck or frothing episodes since ..
I'm hoping the toning up is the cause and I'm sure I'm growing deeper muscle density where they would have been nondescript through being dormant .. The scales have to shift though surely grrrrr ..
Off for a 7.30am swim on this beautiful Sunday morning ! Then a days shopping in town ..
have a wonderful day all
Xxxxxxx

I get you Mindy about keeping this forum private :). Keep up with the exercise, so many benefits not just weight loss and wishing your daughter all the best....

Yeah !
Daughter had her op at 10am and has just c e back at at 1pm .. seems very chipper but understandably a little sore and emotional .. Can't get comfy as of yet and says her back hurts more than anything else ..
she did an amazing job on the milk diet and loss a staggering 22lbs ! I am in awe of the strength she has found in herself ..
so her start weight was dead on 28st , 392lbs , when she had her first meeting with the surgeon .
Now weighs 26.4st , 370lbs..
I'm going to try and run a little side diary on this one of mine .. And maybe a few pics if she will let me ..

Took me back though to last year when I had mine done .. The nursing staff were same and the anaesthetist was the same eye candy ! Doesn't hurt to have something nice to eye up to distract you ! Looked very toned in his green scrubs hubby hubba ..
xxxx

Well done Mindy junior!

So pleased it's all gone well, what an amazing loss, the shape of things to come X

Hi Mindy
Been checking in from time to time but never enough to reply to everyone. Well done to your daughter really pleased she has had it done now, she is amazing. Ps I love reading your updates as they give me so much inspiration xx

Back