• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Good morning girls and boys !
Been a hectic few weeks and time is flying by ..
My weight is still exactly the same and I'm coming to peace with that .. I like the way I look in clothes , I have a good curvy shape and feel very comfy in my skin , which I don't ever remember feeling before .. TMI but I actually bought a basque and stockings , surprised hubby with the complete look and his face was a picture .. So that , as you can imagine , gave me the most massive lift in my self worth/esteem
Been to the surgery this morning , and the doctor is happy to refer me to the last knee surgeon I saw , which was in Bournemouth .. They perform knee replacements on heavier patients as my BMI is still a couple,of points to high. I was way to big before and he wasn't happy to do the op . So now I wait for an appointment :)
Interesting point said my doctor on the Bmi .. apparently this way of gauging was invented in 1940s and hasn't been updated at all ! Women and men now work out much much more than they did then so our body mass is totally different ..
I can never understand how my youngest's BMI , tells her she needs to lose 1 1/2st to be healthy .. she's 5ft 10" , wears size 8/10 skin tight jeans and a 10/12 size top ! She doesn't have an ounce of fat to lose or she would look extremely ill .. She is a commercial gardener so is very fit . I've put a pic of her down below in her May ball dress which was taken last Saturday .. The BMI chart is crap in my opinion ..

My eldest daughter is doing amazingly well .. Her weight is dropping at an extreme rate and she's now lost 52lbs ! Just over 3 1/2st .. she's feeling awesome also .. Feels awake and alive and full of beans .. Now realises what and how carbs do the body and mind .. She's so calm and serene as well .. Her skin is clear ,where as before she had lots of tiny pimples ..
Her work trousers now resemble and elephants baggy ass lol ! It's amazing ..
I wonder if the weight loss surgeons actually realise how they change our lives ? They see so many of us , like any medical person really , so when you go for your check ups show them your before pictures .. Mr Byrnes lovely kind eyes showed a slight recognition when I showed him my before pic .. The new lives they bestow on us is miracle like ..
Congratulations Mindy on so many fronts. :) :banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer: Pleased you got your knee referral in. Being happy with our bodies is what it is all about - not the numbers. You are also being a good role model to your daughter. :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Hey Mindy! Great news on your knee referral!!!!! Good to hear that your daughter is doing well but sorry to hear that your Niece is not making the changes required. Sounds like she could do with some counselling?

Back