• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bridesmaids dresses

Yvessa

Having a real nighmare sorting out bridesmaids dresses - they're so expensive but at the same time, high street shops don't have the stock :(

Banana19

Hi Yvessa,

Have you heard of lightinthebox.com? They do various sizes and custom measurements. I've never ordered off them personally but they have a vast range of dresses for bridal parties and all other occasions. Could be a good place to start even just for looking for a design idea that you all may like.

Are you getting married?! :) xx

Tra_cey1969

I've got 2 burgundy ones size approx 8 and 12 in a drawer under my bed if that's any help

Attachments

• image-1490378801.jpg
    image-1490378801.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 85

Butterfly_lady

Have you tried Ebay?

Yvessa

Those are lovely, but wrong sizes. The problem with ebay is what if it doesn't fit?

Butterfly_lady

Those are lovely, but wrong sizes. The problem with ebay is what if it doesn't fit?

Put the selection in distance order see if there is anything you like close enough so you can go look/try on

Butterfly_lady

joanne7271

Shrink me please x

Hi Yve, my sister got married last year. Saw a dress she loved from america, got the name of it, tried it on local, then order the £2000 dress here for £250 from the states. Took a little while to come but all was good.

My step daughter is getting married in August and she has ordered her bridesmaids dresses from ebay (hong kong), they are usually good on informing you of measurements. If unsure, get a size bigger, you could always have it adjusted and the cost would still be cheaper than buying here. x

i did this for my daughters first holy iommunion, they were £20 for the dresses and really good quality x

borogirl

Hi I was a bridesmaid in aug and we all wore different bridesmaid dresses, ones we could wear again. The rule was they had to all be a different shade of pink. Mine was flowery pink, the others were different. We all had the same flowers and headband. I can honestly say it looked lovely and the photos look amazing.
If u inbox me your email I will send u a pic. Google festival bridesmaids as I remember my mate sending us the pictures of bridesmaids all in different colours.
X

borogirl

Google " festival bridesmaids different dresses "and some examples come up of bridesmaids in different shades. I love it.

PokeyKoala

Have you thought about a dress maker/local seamtress? They can be much more reasonable or a similar price than shop bought ones and you can get all the measurements to them to make sure they fit. It's even better value if you can get the fabrics from somewhere like a fabric warehouse - it's a bit more faff, but can be worth it.

Yvessa

Thank you everyone :) we are now sorted and ended up doing hat you suggested koala :)