• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Ooooh I didnt see this yesterday!

Don't worry about the dress size. I was a size 24 when I ordered mine and managed to get down to a 16 by the wedding. The shop were able to alter it perfectly, no problem.

Are you still having black dresses for the bridesmaids? My 3 adult bridesmaids (my sister and my two daughters) wore gorgeous taffeta black dresses with pink sashes (our colours were ivory with black and pink) and my little 3 year old niece had a dream of a dress in ivory.
If you want to have a look at a few of pics they are here, http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/tiarasandtantrums/ but please bear in mind that I'm 50, so not exactly a young bride! Oh, and the tiara I'm wearing is the last one I ever made! x

I am a bride to be! I am getting married to my partner of 4 years on 1st May next year. I have already bought my wedding dress, it is gorgeous but in a size 20! lol...Im currently sitting in size 16-18!

The theme is my favourite colours of red, white and black.

I am out on Sat with 2 of my 3 bridesmaids to get them their black bridesmaid dresses. My niece is going to be a flower girl wearing white/ivory.

I went out yesterday and bought the card to make my own invitations and these will hopefully be completed before Christmas but sent out in Jan when everyone has the January blues...something to cheer them up :D

My Aunty will be doing my cake...she is a professional cake maker/decorator and has suggested a 4ft cake haha....each with a different layer!

I will literally be 12 months post op then and the question on everyones lips is...will I be pregnant for then?! Hehehe

I will be having roses in a posey as will the maids and I am getting wed in my church that I attend each week, followed by a night do at the local Rugby club....I am so excited, and also pretty scared that we only have 5 months to go! :D

Sally x

Last edited:

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Hi Sal, I've only just discoverd this section too! Congrats on your forthcoming wedding, you do sound very organised! :D

Cuppa xx

rybens

yorkie puddin!
Don't worry about the dress size. I was a size 24 when I ordered mine and managed to get down to a 16 by the wedding. The shop were able to alter it perfectly, no problem.

Are you still having black dresses for the bridesmaids? My 3 adult bridesmaids (my sister and my two daughters) wore gorgeous taffeta black dresses with pink sashes (our colours were ivory with black and pink) and my little 3 year old niece had a dream of a dress in ivory.
If you want to have a look at a few of pics they are here, Pictures by tiarasandtantrums - Photobucket but please bear in mind that I'm 50, so not exactly a young bride! Oh, and the tiara I'm wearing is the last one I ever made! x

Stunning pictures the wedding looked amazing x

salski

Yeah I agree - the pics are fantastic! You look well happy!

We managed to get the bridesmaid dresses chosen, so will be going this weekend to kit out my last 2 bridesmaids :)

salski

Quick updat - I am now sporting size 14's in most things and my wedding dress is a size 24 :( Have an appointment with a dressmaker on Sat who said she doesnt think it can be saved, but she wants to look at it first :(
Might have to sell my dress on ebay! :(

Salski xxx

Quick updat - I am now sporting size 14's in most things and my wedding dress is a size 24 :( Have an appointment with a dressmaker on Sat who said she doesnt think it can be saved, but she wants to look at it first :(
Might have to sell my dress on ebay! :(

Salski xxx
How did you get on hun? xx

salski

Hiya - yeah she said she thinks she can do it. She said it wont be too hard as the back is in 6 pannels. She will be chopping off 8 inches so I reckon my front detail mights stretch all the way to the back! Haha - either way I was very happy!

Excellent! Even better that it will be unique to you! Don't forget to let us see some pics xx

salski

Well yesterday we popped off to Manchester Town Hall to give notice of out marriage. The date is looming and I thought I better get my bum in gear. We got there and everything went swimmingly - until he asked where we would be getting married. I explained the name (Droylsden Methodist Church) and he said....hmmm is it known by any other names...I explained that it is a brand new building and had only been open 12 months. That it was a previous church that had been closed down and re-opened in a new location. Guess what...its not bloody licenced!
I call my minister whilst I was there and the registrar spoke to her and basically she said she didnt realise it wasn't licenced to hold weddings and therefore we couldnt give notice! Pissed off was not the words! I was so angry.
Im hoping that the licence can be rushed through as I am sending my invitations out tomorrow and obviously it states the name of the church on it!
I have decided to go through with sending the invites out and hopefully it will be licenced in time OR we will have a religious ceremony at the church but not be 'legally' married and will have to apply to the registrar at a later date.
GRRRRR

Sally x

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
How's the church's licence app going?
Has your blood stopped boiling yet?

salski

Haha - I got a call from her today saying she has been in touch with the licencing people who have accepted responsibility and that it was an administrative error. Her parting **** (which makes me what to kick her) was 'Im not apologising as I dont think I have anything to apologise for hahaha'
Hmmmm I will see her at church tonight and pull her up over that one (she left me a voicemail you see so I didnt speak to her directly)

How did it go? Did you 'tear her a new one?':sign0151: xx

salski

Well its 8 weeks before the wedding and I am still yet to have notification that the church is licenced, so at this rate we will be having a non legal ceremony on my wedding day!
I am at the dress makers on Thurs to have my dress fitted. Yes its still a size 26 and Im now a 14-16! LOL. The bridesmaids dresses are due April. All the men have been fitted for their suits and they are back for a final fitting 6 days before the wedding day. I have ordered my veil and bought my tiara, ordered the flower girls dress and bought my shoes etc.
Things are coming together - flowers are ordered, button holes ordered, cake not yet chosen though - will hopefully be doing this in next few weeks.
I have to say it can be bloody stressful! Oh and also need to order a wedding car.

Jeeze....

Sal ;) x

salski

:character00250::character00250::character00250::character00250::character00250::character00250::character00250::character00250::character00250::character00250:

Dress is all good and ready to be chopped down to size and guess what!!!!!

CHURCH IS REGISTERED!!!! :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0019::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

Im so happy I could cry! We can now give notice :):D:):D:):D

salski

Yeah Gail - Im so pleased....Ive had a ball today dress fitting, shopping, make-up done, went out for a meal with hubby-to-be and that news cropped up...SO SO SO SO pleased :D

Thanks duck x

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
:)That's great news Sally:)
Darren can make an honest woman of you now - lol