• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Is there no young ones living near you you could take out sledging give their poor parents a break, am sure they would appreciate it would kill 2 birds with one stone. Kids love the snow and you would have a ball the dog might enjoy as well. you go for it xx wrap n enjoy still bad forecast down country but its coming back upto us again tonight n tomorro bring it on we could do wiv a snow day at work xx

Congratulations on the 10stones lost shelleymarie!! You must be very pleased! That is a big milestone... Chrisa! so glad you enjoyed your night out and a few drinks, I agree it was just what the doctor ordered!!
I am not venturing out today at all! It's been snowing more and the temps here are at the moment minus 3 so having an in day... Will have to wellie boot it to the village again tomorrow though, but forecast says it should be slightly warmer by then hopefully.. Feels so strange being at home on a Sunday, as I normally work all day, but no way am I driving with the roads as treacherous as they are at the moment...

Yesterdays menu
B 100mls skim milk & 120gms Watermelon
L Healthy living gammon steak & dry fried egg
D 4 crackerbreads, 45gms red salmon & 40gms L/F philly
S 25gms cathedral light cheddar & 1 x cream cracker
S Ski Mousse

Protein 66gms - Cals 785 - Carbs 55gms - Fat 29gms
Drinks - 2 litres NAS - 2 cups Bovril - 3 cups green tea - 50ml prune juice - cup black coffee

Will post todays menu later..

Enjoy the snow everybody xxx

Thanks Amanda. It's one I've been looking forward too. Now to get into the 15's :D Nice menu yesterday, hope you are managing to keep warm. Just been talking in another thread about how cold we all get now. It's -1 here, that's about as much as I can handle. I can't wait for summer! Hope it clears for everyone soon as I was saying earlier, can be fun but when it starts to interfere with work it's stressful xx

That's a good idea Chrisa, unfortunately I live in an area mainly populated by elderly people and don't know anyone with children. I'm going to start looking for a job in my area soon so then hopefully I can make friends here too and won't have the worry of the commute. Glad you had a good night last night, it's good to remember to have fun, especially at the moment xx

I just posted in the same thread shelleymarie about keeping warm with my electric duvet.. Best thing I have ever bought xxx

Oh yes I remember you saying about it before, must look into that :) xx

I have abody warmer which is welded to my back until I get a hot flush, thats what I wear at work everyday. I keep a scarf round my nexk that helps keep the heat in also, its my face hand n toes especially my nose. I look very pale and look dreadful when I am cold outside. My eyes run all year round outside, kids think am crying, I have started wearing hats when out and about have alovely furry 1 I got at the charity shop brandnew it was 4quid lovely everyone says how nice it is, also have a wool cap obe from Dperkins was in sale last year 7 quid. Roll on the sunshine and warm weather xx

Must admit Chrisa this is the first year ever in my life that I have worn a hat through winter.. I look a right burk but it really does keep the heat in so I don't care... Shelleymarie If you want the link for where I bought my duvet from just shout and I will post it. I scoured the net to get it at the best price so this definitely was the cheapest place for them..

Oh yes please Amanda :) x

Oh yes please Amanda :) x
Sleepwell | Intelliheat | Luxury Cotton Heated Duvet | Double | Dual Control | 6982 - HSDOnline

I am so so cross!!! I paid over 110.00 for my double duvet with delivery and now when I went to check the product for you the price has gone down to £90.00 vat inc with delivery!! But then again every other site I looked at for a the same product it was upwards of £130.00 so I still did okay... I see now if you search under heated duvets they do a cheaper double duvet but a brand name that I have never heard of, so cannot vouch for them..
Hope this helps

xx

Ah sorry got it wrong the other make is not a duvet but an over blanket...

Thanks hun, very helpful. It's so annoying when you find something you spent more money on cheaper! Happens to me all the time x

par for the course shelleymarie, but in truth it really has paid for itself, and wouldnt have wanted to have waited until the price went down anyway xxx

One and three quarter pound loss to report this week, just wrapping up for a nice walk to the shops with Elijah...we are picking up fresh salmon, stir fry veg and noodles...will have with sweet chilli sauce for a tasty healthy lunch .....

B- grapes and fat free Greek yoghurt
L- salmon, veg (baby corn, mange tout, purple sprouting broccoli, carrot,rocket, spinach n watercress), a few threads noodles, sweet chilli
D- as for lunch (was so yummy so had other half of my piece of salmon)
Snack - pack ryvita minis saving mussels for later in week

Tea, water with NAS juice

Last edited:
Hi again

some great menus as has been said.... inspiring :)

Also, some good news - have lost another 1lb this week! So pleased, as been very up and down

Post food details for today, later on....

have a lovely day everyone!

EDIT: PS.... just realised I have now lost 4st 1lb.... fancy missing that!! :D

Last edited:
Well done Shelley Sukay and Maya on you losses this week. I lost 3lb. That duvet sounds amazing Amanda. I've taken to wearing a vest, as I'm really starting to feel the cold now. Here's my menu for today.

B - Petit filous yogurt and 6 grapes.
L - Pot roast chicken, tsp of the following. Swede, broccoli, French beans, carrots, baby sweetcorn, mash. 2 x tbsp of chicken gravy.
T - same as above.
S - Half a banana.

Drinks - Tea, coffee, NAS squash and water.
Exercise - 45 min walk and house cleaned top to bottom.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Stay warm friends :)

Well done on all the weight losses this week I am letting the side down again, haha, as long as I feel fit n healthy I will be fine, trying to make me jealous you lot.

Menu today

B MSSBB WITH choc philly
S grapes
L 1 small dumpling with onions in , mince, carrots, turnip, cabbage, mashn parsnip togetha, gravy
D quiche

tea, coffee, water

Never compare yourself to others Chrisa, because height, starting weight, and how much you lost before you started all come into play. For example you have a bmi of 32 and I'm still in the 40's. A long way to go yet. It does depend on your height and starting weight, I've got so much more to achieve. You will get where you want to get, I'm so positive about that. Your menu's show that :) x

My menu today -
Breakfast - Lf cottage cheese and pineapple.
Lunch - Chicken and vegetable soup.
Dinner - Chicken, broccoli, carrot, mushroom casserole.
Snack - grapes.

Its not that I compare just sometimes would be nice to have what other people have, and take for granted. I work hard at losing the weight always have but my body doesnt do what other peoples does, it is stubborn and whilst I see others coming down past me I think my body has decided it wants no further part in this. I have just have to get used to it. Its what people say and think thta will be the worst, yes I have come along way my BMI was in the 50's and is now 32, I am chuffed with it really I am some people just don't know how lucky they are. I have been part of many wls groups such as ww over the years and always been the same I way heavier than most my size, and could eat exactly the same as them thye would loose and I wouldnt. 3 stone was the max I ever lost, then it would just stay there whilt others craried on to 5 n 6 stone, but not this wonderful body. It sounds like whinging but it isn't I am just explaining to my friends why sometimes I get a bit edgy, I want the best for everyone and am really chuffed for all of ya keeping your weight loss coming down till you are in a great healthy range, I am at th epoint where am just bit low in spirit, but that is also down to my life in general at the mo. I will come up again just part of the course. I can deal with it, as long as I have friends support on here which I do and appreciate greatly xx Thanx all xx

I agree with shelleymarie chrisa!! Your bmi is way lower than mine and you look good at the weight you are now.. For me it's never been about numbers but how I look and feel, so if I look great at 11 stone but haggard and old at 9 stone then for me 11 stone will be success and 9 stone failure!!! If the scales read low but you look awful then that is no success.. I was just saying in another thread that so far I have no real loose skin yet, but if I lose too much for my body I'm sure I'll get some then, especially being as old as I am..

If you want to speed things back up a little have you thought about doing some aerobic excercise? Anything that speeds your heart up enough to burn fat would work... as well as weight traing at the gym, I always try and run 2 kilometres 2 or 3 times a week to burn off a few calories and get the old metabolism going.. I know running isn't for everyone, but there are loads of other aerobic activities to try..
But for what my opinion is worth I really do think that regardless what your scales say, you do look pretty amazing xxx

Oh forgot to congratulate sukay, maya, shelley and paula on there losses for this week... I was just thinking about the fact that we all live so far apart, but how nice it would be if someone were to try and arrange a national wls meet somewhere in the country fairly central so we could all get together from all over.. Just a thought but a nice one all the same...

Back