• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Liquids & purees go through quicker so hence you can eat faster but noes the time to focus & learn the new slower speed eating ready for full solids.
As Yve says if you eat to fast you miss your full signal, can overload your pouch & either stretch it or lose what you've eaten which is unpleasant to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've started playing games on my laptop or reading while I eat to slow myself down only ever eat too much once and never been sick, it is difficult but a distraction may help xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Some people swear by the 20 rule. 20 chews, wait 20 seconds before the next mouthful.

Although games may be a good idea in the short term in the long term its actually a worse habit as you will forget to concentrate on your food. Try instead to really focus on each mouthful. Push it around your mouth and enjoy the texture and taste. I now chew slowly automatically - it becomes second nature. But I taste and enjoy my food so much more.

Breakfast - 30g start right with splash ss milk
Lunch - four melba toast with lf garlic Philly, peeled cuecumber
Dinner - chicken fajita (out with a friend, no zumba tonight ate about a quarter, amazing friend had tupperwear in her bag so brought rest home, made another one later on and rest in fridge for tomorrow)

Tea, water, water and NAS juice

Random of the day - now wear a size five shoe which means I spend the day shlomping around the office like a little girl playing dress up in her mamas shoes) I have a vast shoe collection - of mostly size sixes :(

As if you need excuse to buy shoes

B - Cottage cheese with a Carrs melts cracker.
L - 1 scrambled egg made with some skimmed milk and low fat marge to make it nice and soft. Put some of it on a piece of Melba toast.
D - Half a small tin of mac cheese with tuna and peas added.
S/D's - Water, Tea, Watered down OJ, Watered down Cranberry light, mini babybel and a half a low fat reflex protein shake.

I've up my calories to around 700 a day and have been hitting 60 grams of protein a day and drinking 2 litres a day. I feel like this is really helping as I lost 5 1/2 pounds this week.

Thanks for the 20 tip Yvessa, I've been struggling with how fast I eat so that will really help.

Well done shellymarie. I fin my best weeks are where I drink 2.5-3 litres of fluid a day and have very high protein meals. Am trying that all this week as I'm going out again on Friday and want to wear jeans. Think the last time was 8 years ago.

Breakfast - zilch
Lunch - leftover chicken fajita and a dollop of fage
Dinner - chicken thigh, sugar snaps, baby corn, asparagus, mash potato

Snack - four pickled onions

Went and had my brows and nails done then picked up two pairs of shoes and an awesome dress.in the next sale for £51 -bargain!!

You are doing fantastic and mamaging to get some good bargains a long the way my daughter has took hers elf off to the Next Sale today xx

Breakfast - physalis,lychees and cherries
Lunch - chicken thigh, baby asparagus, tenderstem broccoli, tbsp mash
Dinner - pasta mugshot (tomato)

Snacks - pickled onions and baby gherkins

Thanks chrisa, hope your daughter found some bargains too :) xx

Hey guys, I've been a little awol as I'm so busy right now, still dieting well (or rather eating healthy) and working out 4+ times per week, mostly zumba as I'm addicted but introducing spinning (which I used to do daily before I got fat!)
Had my work husband and his hubby over for dinner yesterday, made green salad, homemade slaw, chicken fajitas, salsa, lf sour cream, and also did them some tex mex bits and desert. Had a lovy time didn't feel I was missing out and have loads of healthy yummy leftovers.

About to have lunch and then zumba this afternoon with my best gym bunny mate :)

Life is good

Xx

Thanks to everyone. These post give me an idea of what my meals will be like, how much I can eat, etc. My bypass will be in 2 more days.

Thanks to everyone included in this post. Reading the menues especially mayamoo has totally put my mind at rest about what I'll be eating post op. I was under the impression that biscuits etc are a no no but looks like I will be able to have a ginger snap every now and again :) lol x
Start my pre- op diet in a week so it's starting to happen for me. Well done on everyone's weight loss. Can't wait to put mine on. Oh and can I ask mayamoo what is fage and also chrisa, which prune yoghurt and prune juice do you buy? Xxx

Good luck schgar for your op and hope you have a speedy recovery xxx

Fage is fat free greek yoghurt

Thanx for that Retfordmag, I will be trying it x

Back