• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

b - origional pronutro with ss milk
l - origional pronutro with ss milk
d - 50 g chicken korma and 20 g rice (bought a full portion but literally managed a few spoon fulls)

snacks - mccoys salt and vinegar crisps (naughty naughty)
drinks - 3 coffees, 2 ltrs water, 1 skimmed costa latte

protein 51g, calories 1083

question? does any body know how much of our daily calorie intake/food intake in actually bypassed, not absorbed? Just interested to know?

Not a clue Ryan, Todays menu
B 1 slice of toast with scraping of butter on, 1 glass of prune juice
S 2 ginger snaps
L 1 pack of fridge raiders, 3 strawberries, 1 lemon youghurt
D Bowl of cereal ss milk
S 3 thin low fat crackers, 1 pack cheesy wotsits,

Breakfast - 3 melba toast with diabetic preserve
Lunch - 2 inch peeled cuecumber on 2 mekba toast with lf garlic Philly, half a tomato mug shot
Dinner - 2 slice Parma ham, 2 inch peeled cue, lf Philly on 2 melba toast, two pickled onions n two baby gherkin
Snack - 20g salted dry roast edamame beans, three slices Parma ham, two melba toast, four five p sized meringues-

Absolutely full if cold and wonder if that's contributed to my nibbleathon! - I don't usually lol but hey ho its one day and still low calorie, drinking tea like its going out if fashion now so I can't eat x

Last edited:
B - total 2% , strawberries , granola
L - sushi
D - half home made pizza
S - ham toastie ( in the range , bread looked like a slice sliced into 2 , so very thin )

Tea , flavoured water , milk before bed ,
currently about 750 cals so may have another snack later

B: tablespoon cottage cheese
L: pureed curry
D: pureed beef stew
S: desert spoon stewed rhubarb with pot LF custard.

Drinks: lots of NAS squash

ryanrara said:
question? does any body know how much of our daily calorie intake/food intake in actually bypassed, not absorbed? Just interested to know?

Just done some research and there is no clear answer, because:

A) it depends how much of your intestines were bypassed.

B) over time your intestines recover and adapt and malabsorption of calories decreases.

So the answer is its totally different for everyone. Great! Lol

Are any of you still in ketosis?

If you're not at what point do you think you came out of it?

I'm 8 weeks post op and i've been in ketosis since the pre-op diet, is this the norm?

daisy2002 said:
Are any of you still in ketosis?

If you're not at what point do you think you came out of it?

I'm 8 weeks post op and i've been in ketosis since the pre-op diet, is this the norm?

I have read that ketosis is quite a natural state after the bypass as we eat protein first and can't get enough carbs on to knock is out of ketosis. I checked my ketosticks last week and am in ketosis. Feels great, so I am happy lol. I am 8 weeks post op today xxx

mayamoo said:
I don't chwek myself to be honest xx

I found my pack last week. It was just nosiness why I checked lol

Breakfast - 30g start right with semi skim milk
Lunch - crab chunks, peeled cuecumber, two melba toast, lf mayo
Dinner - Cray fish tails, peeled cyecumber, lf mayo, three radish
Desert of angel delight and four mini meringues

Breakfast Summer Fruit Smoothie with added dried milk

Snack peanut butter granola slice

Lunch Prawn Salad

Snack Asda mini ice cream cone

Tea Tiny bit of my husbands super noodles with added cheese (was yummy)

Supper peanut butter granola slice

B - total 2% , granola , a pineapple ring
L - pepperoni & cheese on toast
D - 3 chilli lime chicken kebabs ( Iceland ) 3 baby new potatoes

Tea , squash , milk before bed

659 cals , 55g protein
Been busy building a bed & 2 units , wasn't hungry so forgot lunch till 2pm. May have a snack later

My menu today
B 1 glass prune juice, 1 boiled egg chopped up with tomato n spoon of quark in.
S pear
L 1 packet fridgeraiders, lemon yoghurt,
S 2 ginger snaps
T 1 Large mushroom, stuffed with quark bacon n onion with sprinkling of parmesan oven cooked
Supper 1 wqarburtons thin with chicken,bag of quavers
Tea, cofee, water

a really bad day today, really bad.

b 2 fish fingers and 1/2 slice toast
l 1/2 small pepperoni pizza
d 80g pasta with chilli, tomato and basil

(food wise that stuff was okay, bar the pizza) but ...

snacks:
1 packet (from multipack) quavers
1 packet (from multipacket) wotsits
2 packets (from multipack) mccoys
1 mini pack (25g) haribo mix

1 costa skinny latte, 1 starbucks skinny latte, 3 milky coffees, 2.5 ltrs water (5 x 500ml bottles)

calories 1882!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 protein 82g

Cant belive I snacked on such rubbish and ate so many slider foods. We had an event day at work and guess who was doing the trolley runs - me!!!!!!!!!! 4 packets of crisps is disastrous. And havent had sugar since my op and I kick it off with haribo. worst is, all tasted good. and other than a very slight diziness (which I suspect is a sugar high) I have had no dumping and been able to eat all.

I spaced myself and eat slowly. BAsically cheated so I knew all would go down. Worked 11 hours so also not real exercise. If I am lucky I burnt 150 calories in walking.

Myfitnesspal says I will still lose 1kg almost a week if I eat like this every day, which I wont.

Kind of wish I dumped.

I know I am only almost 8 months out but I have to prevent a slippery slope, so wish I dumped, but I didnt. May do 5 day pouch test or revetr to pre-op diet to reighn myself in.

Ps: i know not good but I still feel good about myself xxx

Ok Ryan you had a bad day, put it to bed and don't do it again! You kniw what you need to do for next time so im sure you will be fine, plan your snacks xx

We are suppose to live like normal people. So you had a day of treats. That's normal.

Tomorrow you get back on track. No one died, no emergencies or disasters. Life goes on :)

Back