• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Are you able to get community based weight management instead Sukay? can your GP refer you to that?

I'm just wondering if you lovely ladies can give me some advice as I'm back to worrying again! My average daily menu is as follows and I feel it is too much and the restriction I have is not enough.

B - Cereal, usually Special K and about four or five tablespoons
S - WW fromage frais
L - 4 cracker breads spread thinly with extra light Philly
S - bit of fruit like some blueberries, maybe a Alpen light bar
D- a side plate size, usually a medium salmon fillet (about 125g) and three tablespoons of veg. I can't always finish it.
S - WW yoghurt

I usually manage about 600mls of milk a day and around 1000ml water.

Does all this sound about right? I'm worried the evening meal is to much - should I be on a side plate size ish?

My average daily intake is probably around 900 cals

I'm just wondering if you lovely ladies can give me some advice as I'm back to worrying again! My average daily menu is as follows and I feel it is too much and the restriction I have is not enough.

B - Cereal, usually Special K and about four or five tablespoons
S - WW fromage frais
L - 4 cracker breads spread thinly with extra light Philly
S - bit of fruit like some blueberries, maybe a Alpen light bar
D- a side plate size, usually a medium salmon fillet (about 125g) and three tablespoons of veg. I can't always finish it.
S - WW yoghurt

I usually manage about 600mls of milk a day and around 1000ml water.

Does all this sound about right? I'm worried the evening meal is to much - should I be on a side plate size ish?

My average daily intake is probably around 900 cals
Looks like a lovely healthy menu. Only thing I might suggest is scrapping the alpen bar - they're a waste of chewing energy - get something protein and tasty in there - cheese, nuts, a cracker with peanut butter etc. Alpen is low in cals but not much nutrition in it.

Looks like a lovely healthy menu. Only thing I might suggest is scrapping the alpen bar - they're a waste of chewing energy - get something protein and tasty in there - cheese, nuts, a cracker with peanut butter etc. Alpen is low in cals but not much nutrition in it.

That is a great help, I hadn't considered that. Most days I have one! I'm mostly worried about the evening meal - is a side plate with a medium poached salmon fillet and one of those frozen veg pouches too much do you think? I will ditch the Alpens from tomorrow!

That is a great help, I hadn't considered that. Most days I have one! I'm mostly worried about the evening meal - is a side plate with a medium poached salmon fillet and one of those frozen veg pouches too much do you think? I will ditch the Alpens from tomorrow!
No I think its absolutely fine honey :) As long as you're not eating until you feel uncomfy or sick its perfectly fine if its just a sideplate.

No I think its absolutely fine honey :) As long as you're not eating until you feel uncomfy or sick its perfectly fine if its just a sideplate.

I eat until I feel sort of full of that makes sense? It is hard to describe! I don't feel uncomfortable but I do feel full!

Fingers crossed for you Shelley - I know how much this means to you hun.

Thanks Yve and everyone, it really does mean so much. To not have the worry about finding another job and if I had to go back on bloody benefits if I couldn't would be amazing. What is also exciting the job I would take over would be full time, so a bit more money and although I wouldn't get paid over time like I do now I get the time back so maybe some more time to myself too, plus more holiday. I could possibly also negotiate that the next nursing position that comes up is mine, this is what the receptionist that I might take over from did. If I can do that then I would be over the moon, I told my boss that this is what I want and I love my job and working with them and she said she fight my corner with the guys in head office so like I say fingers crossed. I'm trying not to get too excited as things often go wrong but at the same time trying to be positive - good things have to happen don't they? So let hope this is one of them :D xx

I eat until I feel sort of full of that makes sense? It is hard to describe! I don't feel uncomfortable but I do feel full!
No that makes total sense lovely and in time you will know without a shadow of a doubt. And you'll know if you've pushed it. You're doing the right things - well done on the Alpen lights! If I've got a bit of a sweet tooth I have a yoghurt with some banana and a meringue nest crumbled over. Little bit of sweet, but lots of good nutrition.

Thanks Yve and everyone, it really does mean so much. To not have the worry about finding another job and if I had to go back on bloody benefits if I couldn't would be amazing. What is also exciting the job I would take over would be full time, so a bit more money and although I wouldn't get paid over time like I do now I get the time back so maybe some more time to myself too, plus more holiday. I could possibly also negotiate that the next nursing position that comes up is mine, this is what the receptionist that I might take over from did. If I can do that then I would be over the moon, I told my boss that this is what I want and I love my job and working with them and she said she fight my corner with the guys in head office so like I say fingers crossed. I'm trying not to get too excited as things often go wrong but at the same time trying to be positive - good things have to happen don't they? So let hope this is one of them :D xx
I have my fingers crossed for you. And having someone on your side is always a massive help. They know you, know how far you've come...much stronger position than someone from the outside honey :)

No that makes total sense lovely and in time you will know without a shadow of a doubt. And you'll know if you've pushed it. You're doing the right things - well done on the Alpen lights! If I've got a bit of a sweet tooth I have a yoghurt with some banana and a meringue nest crumbled over. Little bit of sweet, but lots of good nutrition.

Oh you are very kind! I've been very upset for a week thinking I had stretched my pouch and all of this was a waste of time! I had two weeks of being in court etc and eating crap like a sandwich and crisps for lunch, chocolate etc. I lost 3lb in 3 weeks - shock! So I gave myself a kick up the bum and now remind myself everything going in must be 'useful' to my body instead of just a bit tasty! I hope to have for back to losing some proper weight! Does being due for your period make a difference to loss? I have PCOS so haven't had them until the operation so I haven't a clue!

It does for others - like you I don't have them, but have immense water retention (I suffer from PCOS as well) and often this has been the cause of any gains I've had. Unfortunately those old habits are still very much there and we need to use our first year to change them into better healthier ones. Don't beat yourself up because we've all done it. But you would know if you'd stretched your pouch because you'd have made yourself sick and uncomfortable all the time before.

It does for others - like you I don't have them, but have immense water retention (I suffer from PCOS as well) and often this has been the cause of any gains I've had. Unfortunately those old habits are still very much there and we need to use our first year to change them into better healthier ones. Don't beat yourself up because we've all done it. But you would know if you'd stretched your pouch because you'd have made yourself sick and uncomfortable all the time before.

Oh I had some sickness but it was narrowing, once that was sorted after a few dilatations I had no trouble. I think in about two months of no narrowing I've been sick five times if that. I know the sickness was always the narrowing.

Good morning all!! Hope everyone is well today..
Well I had to get my passport photos done yesterday, and normally I dread any sort of picture being taken. Especially the sort that are close ups.. But apart from the fact I am not smiling as you are not allowed to for a passport, so very serious!! they actually quite surprised me.. Have posted one up for you guys to have a look at.. I don't think I look too awful just a bit stary eyed lol!! It was quite a pleasant surprise for a change, passport photos really show up every little line and crinkle.. .... xx http://www.wlsurgery.com/members/31354-albums2534-picture16105.html

Lovely photo :) looking good

3lb loss for me this week. I'm pleased with that. Follow up at the hospital with Mr Leeder went well. He's pleased with my progress, but still has no explanation for my numb patch in the middle of my tummy. Don't have to go again for another six months. I'll post my menu later :)

Congratulations on the loss paula!! Everyone seems to have lost loads of weight this week and I only managed a flippin' pound. Don't know why it's slowing down I'm not doing anything different.. very frustrating.. do you think maybe that numb spot is nerve damage paula?? I know after I had my tummy tuck my tummy had some numb places for ages, but they eventually got back to normal !!

Well I did think it may be peripheral nerve damage Amanda, but Mr Leeder said there are no main nerves in that area, which could have been damaged during the surgery.

The only thing he can think of that I may have had internal bruising in my abdominal muscles, which may have damaged the nerves in the muscle. He said it should come back, but it doesn't bother me that much. It does get painful sometimes though.

A pound off is better than a pound on Amanda xx

Thanks paula! Just missing the bigger losses especially with so much weight left to lose still.. If your tummy is the same as mine was, all you can do is give it time for the feeling to come back xx

Back