• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass on 19th September

josieslimmer

Hi

I'm having a bypass next Saturday at St Richards in Chichester. I'm scared . Has anyone else been there? I was ok until we told the inlaws tonight, they are panicing, now i am also!

Can you tell me how much pain you were in? I had a hysterectomy last year and wondering if it will be similar pain x
Sounds stupid doesn't it, different ops, but you know what I mean.

I havent had the bypass yet so can not answer your questions but sure someone will be along soon , good luck sure you will be fine x

Hi Josie
I havent had my surgery yet but the is a few people on here that have had bypasses and didnt even need pain killers . I know everybody is not the same but its nice to think that we might not need them hopefully . Its normal to be a little worried but you`ll be in safe hands hun . Oh by the way welcome to minimins hun . Good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

Hiya

I had my op 15 days ago, I certainly needed pain killers initially, but I haven't really been taking them for a coming up a week now and I feel ok. It's obviously sore initially and moving around was uncomfortable as was getting a comfy position to sleep in but now I am sleeping on my front again and to be honest don't really feel like I have had anything done to my tummy so it passes relatively quickly. I did go to pick up a small child today and had a bit of a twinge so just cos the pain has worn off doesn't mean you should stop taking it easy!

To be honest, if you are having it done laprascopicaly (sp?) I would imagine it being less painful than a hysterectomy.

Good luck

Rx

Hi

I'm having a bypass next Saturday at St Richards in Chichester. I'm scared . Has anyone else been there? I was ok until we told the inlaws tonight, they are panicing, now i am also!

Can you tell me how much pain you were in? I had a hysterectomy last year and wondering if it will be similar pain x
Sounds stupid doesn't it, different ops, but you know what I mean.

Hi, I'm still waiting for my op dates also, but if you do a search for St Richards Post Op I think that there is a thread which has been posted for people who have had their ops there.

Just out of interest, how long have you waited initial appt to op date if you don't mind me asking please.

Thanks everyone.

Teapot, I went to see Shaw Somers last Tuesday. I am going private as my doctor said he couldn't refer me for nhs even though i am diabetic, high bp and cholestoral. It is very quick isn't it within 2 weeks from seeing him to having it done. Think thats why I am so worried as it is really quick .

Thanks everyone.

Teapot, I went to see Shaw Somers last Tuesday. I am going private as my doctor said he couldn't refer me for nhs even though i am diabetic, high bp and cholestoral. It is very quick isn't it within 2 weeks from seeing him to having it done. Think thats why I am so worried as it is really quick .

Hi Josie, ah that explains it because you are private. Good luck with it all and I hope it all goes really really well for you. Fingers crossed. Julie (aka Teapot)

Josie,
I wouldn't worry about it, like all ops theres some discomfort but i seem to have recovered easier from this than when I had a cyst removed from my ovary (sorry thats the closest comparison i've got!) in fact I was told 6 - 8 weeks recovery but at this rate i don't think i'l need it..but will take it anyway lol
I'm about 11 days post op and i was only on pain relief for 2 days.

What I would recommend is enjoy your last few days and stop worrying (if you can!), and look forward to the results of the op! a slimmer, healthier you!! Good luck xx

Hi, I had mine 17 days ago. Hd it late Thursday afternoon and stopped taking the painkillers by the Monday. Everyone is different but yes you will have initial pain after but as others have said it is so worth it. And please heed peoples advice about once you start to feel better does not mean you are.
Having said that, for me it sounded far scarier than it actually was. Good luck hun. xxxxxxx

Hi Josie

Just wanted to welcome you to Mini's and congratulate you on having your op soon.

There are loads of people who have had their ops at your hospital with Mr Somers...they'll be along soon to answer your questions.

(((hugs)))

thank you all, will look forward to chatting with others who have had the bypass and what their results are like, i cant see before and after pics on profiles for some reason. x

Hi
I had my op privately too and your timescales are about right so don't worry on that one. I'm being honest when i say i'm a coward when it comes to pain i had everything they offered me when i had the kids lol. I had my bypass 5 weeks ago( keyhole) and can honestly say the only discomfort i felt was for the first few hours they took me off my morphine the same night and i only used painkillers for 48 hours and that was only "just in case". Obviously everyone is different when it comes to pain but if you have as positive an experience as me you will have nothing to worry about x

Josie you have to of posted 50 times before you get to see stuff!From what peeps have said the average concensus would be its not as painful as a hysterectomy at all.

Thanks everyone.

I did not realise it could happen that fast, even though I am going private I assumed it would be a good month if not more.

I go 29th Sept for consultation and was thinking with Halloween and Mr Somers probably taking time off with his family it would probably be Nov at the earliest for surgery but would prefer it to be done asap.

Can I ask when you are going for the pre-op?

hi emma,

I had an e-mail from Shaw this afternoon to say I wil need to go within the next 2 days for my pre assessment. Will hear tomorrow when im going x oh, and he has just had afamily holiday ( tanned ) so may not have another one due for a while x i saw him and will have the op within 2 weeks, i wanted it as soon as i could. x i will let you know what happens!!! x

Hi all. Just had a call from Mr Somers.My surgery wont be on Saturday :cry: i have to go on the milk diet for at least 7 days before surgery. so looks like it will be the week after next. I will keep you informed x

Josie, thats still not very long..dont get downhearted it'l be here before you know it and then you have the rest of your life!!xx

Hi Joise,

Hope you get another date soon. I had a bypass at St Richards, by Shaw Somers last month 19 Aug (nhs). I can't praise it enough, the staff, hospital and ofcourse Shaw. I have recovered really well, and had very little pain over all after the first couple of days.

Good Luck with everything. x

Back