• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can i ask two questions please?

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Everyone
Ok so nerves are starting to kick in so forgive me if you guys have answered these questions before. It's five weeks till my bypass so question one is
What should i be getting ready or stocking up on? Number two is i'm going to Tenerife for Xmas which means i'll roughly be 4 months post op, appreciate everyone is different but what stage can i expect to be at on hol ie eating, energy etc. Sorry again if you have answered these before xx

Hi Everyone
Ok so nerves are starting to kick in so forgive me if you guys have answered these questions before. It's five weeks till my bypass so question one is
What should i be getting ready or stocking up on? Number two is i'm going to Tenerife for Xmas which means i'll roughly be 4 months post op, appreciate everyone is different but what stage can i expect to be at on hol ie eating, energy etc. Sorry again if you have answered these before xx

Hi Allie

Firstly i wouldn't stock pile anything really, most peoples tastes post op, so you might find yourself left with a load of soup etc that you cant stand, mine changed, i used to love chicken soup, but couldn't stand it post op, i also went off scrambled eggs too, so i'd wait and see and then have a trip out to the shops or better still make a list and send someone on your behalf.

Second question - you should be fine 4 months post op, i had my op in August and went on holiday start of October, about 6 weeks post op, and had no problems, 4 months you will be fine.

Cheers for that Richard It's my first and last xmas off in 3 years so glad i'll be post op would like to think i might wear a swimming costume albeit in a private pool but it's good to know i'll be able to enjoy hol too. Won't stock up just now then i'm sure hubby can run around Asda for me lol when the time comes xx

I'm going away 5 weeks post op and unfortunately will still be on sloppies but I think a holiday is not just about food and it will be less of a problem post op, but sounds like you will be on normal food then so just take it easy and enjoy yourself xxx

Anezxxxx

It's worth getting some gripe water and deflatine in stock, along with some 6+ sugar free calpol in case you need any pain relief post op.

I would also suggest getting or making a couple of different varieties of low fat low sugar soups as that is what you will be living off post op for a little while! I got covent garden style ones and blended them till smooth so I could have lots of variety. Low sugar yoghurts (the weight watchers ones are good, or the small smooth muller lights), and plenty of varieties of hot and cold drinks so you don't get bored.

Thanks evryone for the advice. It will be Strange feeling going away for xmas but my daughter is nearly 14 so no prob there. There is a crowd of us going and i think the owner of the villa we booked must be having a good laugh i asked him for a xmas tree! It will be funny being in the sun but lol i still need a tree. Thanks for the food/pain relief ideas i will keep them all i'm so glad i have you guys to keep me right thanks xx

Back