• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can I come to the support group. I had my bypass operation 5 years ago.

dizzydeb1968

Hello everyone, I would just like to ask other members of the group if I can get any support. It is five years since my surgery, I lost about 8 stone I had a gastric bypass, done by Mr Small at Sunderland Royal Hospital. But in the last year I have gained 3 stone. I would love to get back on track, and lose the excess pounds. Can I get any help from the bariatric team at the hospital to help me do this? I would like good diet advice, but feel ashamed to visit my GP as I feel like a bit of a failure at the moment. I expected to regain a little bit weight but its going up and up and I feel out of control. I know there is more people experiencing the same as me but this is the only group near my home in South Shields that might be able to help me to get back on track. I am married, 45 years old and have a 19 year old son.

Hope to hear from anyone that can help me.

Love and hugs, Dizzy Deb xxxxxxxx:

Last edited:
Hi Deb

And welcome to the forum!

You'll get lots of support and advice on here but yes I do think you should get back in touch with the team who did your op.

There are a few people here under Dr Small too x

Thanks for your advice. I might turn up to one of the group meetings and see if they can help me. Bye for now and a big Thank You. xxxx

Definitely go along to the support group meeting. I would put money on it that you won't be the only person there in the same boat as you - or even if there is nobody there, there will have been.

I used to go to one in my neck of woods and there were people there who had done marvelously to those who were having disasters. And everybody was able to help everyone else out.

Back