• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can I pick your brains please....

charliegirl

I am looking for any advice that anyone can give me regarding the patients right to choose a hospital. It has been confirmed that a patient can choose the hospital and not the consultant/surgeon....anyone have any experience of this for any type of surgery please give me a shout.....xx

hi
i work for gp, the patient choice only includes hospitals their pct have contracts with as with the gastric surgery there is usually only one they have contract with so if pct agree to funding they tell your gp which hospital to send to.
hope that helps.
alison

Thats intresting. Explains why you are having the problems that you are having CG. Hope you get everything resolved soon
HC

Hi hun,
I've been reading your threads, in response to this one, are you under Hope Hospital in Salford? I went through them and had my surgery in Leeds at Spire in January, which was who Salford PCT had their contract with at the time. My friend then started the process in January and by the time she saw Dr New, Salford had started contracts with Dr A (not sure of his name), but still gave the option to go to Leeds, she chose Leeds, due to the excellent service i had. I am not sure if they are still running the 2 contracts so might be worth checking.
Good luck x x

Hi Jules, I have sorted it all out now and can have it with Mr Ammori (think thats the name you were looking for). To be honest I wish it was right now as my head is reeling and I just want to be knocked out without any dreams etc to relax. It keeps getting changed and the phone keeps going and I feel like screaming, I have no lifts too and from the hospital (see my other thread) and I feel I brought up to kids and neither is concerned I am facing major surgery I feel so crap and un cared for by my own flesh and blood...sorry for ranting its just needs to come out...xx

Back