• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can I take paracetamol tablet....shaped like capsule?

EmmaLouise81

I was sent home with dissolvable paracetamol and had to give gp letter with prescription details. Just received them and the paracetamol is just a normal tablet but shaped like a capsule. Just scared to take it incase I do the wrong thing. Anyone know?

I do take an actual capsule, same size, as a prescription which surgeon said I can continue to do and I have had no problems.

Last edited:
They should have given you soluble paracetemol while you are recovering, especially if you have had a bypass. They probably didn't specify soluble on the hospital letter so your Doc has given you normal ones. Depending on how far past your op date you are I wouldn't chance it at the moment as there is a risk of it getting stuck. You could always get some Calpol 6+ and take the adult dose.

i aws given normal paracetamol in hospital and all was / is fine xx

Oh that is great to hear, the capsule I take cause no problems so assumed this tablet would be same. Guess I could cut it in half to be sure....just hate the thought of doing wrong thing at this stage! Thanks for your reply!

Back