• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can I????

laurajlucy

May seem a bit of a silly question BUT.....
will i still be able to drink vodka after surgery and what will be a sort of limit? Also i drink it with diet coke at the mo..... what would be a good alternative mixer?? :D

ooo i asked this!! i love nights out and im a sucker for shots :-/ x

Phewww!!! Glad am not the only one concerned about still being able to av a sesh then!!!

Alcohol is not recommend for atleast 12 months post op, some surgeons say 2 years. In addition, it will generally affect you far more, you are at risk of transfer addiction, sugars in alcohol can cause dumping, and it is full of useless calories.

So its up to you really.

As above, my team said 12 months off completely. Which I did. But then had a few malibus and orange at a wedding a few weeks ago and it hardly affected me at all. But then I was dancing all night!

Like anyone, wether they have had WLS or not, alcohol is not good for losing weight.

Plus I was also told to lay off fizzy drinks too.

Some people do drink, others don't. The advice is there and the choice is yours.

ouch! Sort of what i expected to hear but had to ask! x:(

hia had my op at sunderland they said you could drink but be careful as stomach is small, and you cud get drunk quicker, i had my op on march 30th 2010 and i can drink, wot i drink is vodka and diet coke with ice as ice will make it go flat,and i get straw if out so i can stir it to try and make it go flat, or if i'm drinking in house stir it with a spoon. i know of a few people who carry a silver spoon with them so they can stir drink when they are out lol. hope this helps. wendyxx

ooooo we'll all be like lady gaga carrying are own cups around and spoons hahhahahahahha thats ok!!!! i LOVE her xx

hia had my op at sunderland they said you could drink but be careful as stomach is small, and you cud get drunk quicker, i had my op on march 30th 2010 and i can drink, wot i drink is vodka and diet coke with ice as ice will make it go flat,and i get straw if out so i can stir it to try and make it go flat, or if i'm drinking in house stir it with a spoon. i know of a few people who carry a silver spoon with them so they can stir drink when they are out lol. hope this helps. wendyxx

YeeeHaa!! Thank you Wendy x Seems vodka will be my only vice after surgery seen as how am giving up smoking too!! A girl needs something :D;):p

YES you get drunk quicker haha
what used to take me about 5-8 pints to get to i now hit after 1-2 lol
still too scared to try spirits at the moment, but i seem ok on strongbow cider

Ive been out and drank on a couple of occassions i started on wine first with no problems and recently went into Manchester with some friends and drank Guinness which again gave me no problems, i drank about 60 pints a week before the op and thankfully i cant now hahahahaha its all about moderation and choosing when to have a tipple, on the occassions ive had a drink ive lost about 4lbs a week still.

My wls team tell you not to drink for four months after your op. After my four months i had a couple of vodkas when we were staying at a hotel, to try it out in a safe environment. I too used to drink mine with coke so decided to have it with fresh orange - had to ask the bar man to show me the bottle so i could check the sugar content first !
On my first proper girls night out i got embarassed about asking to check the bottles so as i was with a post opper she advised getting diet coke but swirling lots of ice round in it to take away the fizz. This is fine unless its the "pumped" coke and not bottled, as i've had bar staff give me full sugar by mistake. I can't tell the difference when theres vodka in it so have to have friends test it for me lol ! The rest of the time i play it safe by drinking red wine.

My wls team tell you not to drink for four months after your op. After my four months i had a couple of vodkas when we were staying at a hotel, to try it out in a safe environment. I too used to drink mine with coke so decided to have it with fresh orange - had to ask the bar man to show me the bottle so i could check the sugar content first !
On my first proper girls night out i got embarassed about asking to check the bottles so as i was with a post opper she advised getting diet coke but swirling lots of ice round in it to take away the fizz. This is fine unless its the "pumped" coke and not bottled, as i've had bar staff give me full sugar by mistake. I can't tell the difference when theres vodka in it so have to have friends test it for me lol ! The rest of the time i play it safe by drinking red wine.

Thamks Jayne

I wasn't sure what the 'rules' are, as i forgot to ask LOL. I had literally a mouthful of sparkling wine to toast my son's exam results on Thursday and felt completely sloshed! I couldn't beleive it!

Back