• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cancelled my op with The Hospital Group

Well I have cancelled my op with The Hospital Group. I've heard too much bad stuff about the aftercare. I really liked Mr. SIgursson and had/have every faith in his ability ... but I don't have any faith in the company he was representing nor the way they treated me ... during the consultation and when I wanted to cancel.

As some of you know, I've been toying between by-pass and band. Scared of the lack of success with the band etc.

Anyway Mr. Khan called me late last night when he got home to give me another mini-consultation (bless him). He reassured me and said if I have any more questions I could just call him (I have his number now :D). May be we have an affinity because we both live in the same area.

So I'm 90% band and 10% by-pass ..... like most people I veer between the two, but at least I know I'm considering all the options and not just running into things without thinking it through.
Hey hun hope you have made your decision i was told that the band doesn't really work for everyboy as i wanted to go for the band as its reversible bu my consultant told me the bypass is better in the long run..A friend of mine first had a band fitted and she kept being sick even after a year and it just didn't work for he but saying that everybody is different please make your decision wisely and most of all Wishing you the very best of luck indeed.xxx

When I had my surgery booked with Mr Sig, I assumed that as it was private etc, that he would have about three surgeries to do and that we would all be done by lunch, boy I could have not been more wrong. He had had 8 surgeries scheduled that day, I was 7th on the list, and want to guess what time I went down for my band??? just before 7pm. THe next morning I was discharged around 7am, no instructions on wound care, no follow up calls to see how I was. Yes I had the cheap and cheefull (although not so cheerfull), but I felt that they just took my money and didnt care after that. Mr Sig was lovely the whole way through, but his workload is probably worst than a NHS surgeons, at least they have limits on how many they operate on in a day, and no way would they being doing surgery at that time of night.....I feel sorry for him in a way, although I am sure he makes a shed load of money (I am almost sure he has an Aston Martin and they are not cheap)...anyway good luck with what ever you decide and hope it goes well.
MNL:)

Funny you should say that, because an Aston Martin was parked outside Dolan Park the say I went I asked him if was his ... lol. It wasn't. Then when I left DP the Aston Martin had gone. I think he sinks all his money into his boat.

Hi Cah-ching - I too cancelled my op with THG yesterday, for various reasons (mine, not to do with them!). Did you have any issues getting your refund back? How long did it take? I cancelled on Friday and am a severe worrier so wanted to get a heads up on how long these things take before worrying myself into the ground!

Hi Cah-ching - I too cancelled my op with THG yesterday, for various reasons (mine, not to do with them!). Did you have any issues getting your refund back? How long did it take? I cancelled on Friday and am a severe worrier so wanted to get a heads up on how long these things take before worrying myself into the ground!

Hi Jenkala,

I have checked my statement and no, I have yet to receive a refund.

Can I ask how you cancelled your operation?

Cheers,

CC.

Back