• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Never too late

rubyred15

Hi,every one, I've decided to do an update kind of diary,,,,to inspire every one who might be thinking ?...should a shouldn't a. .??.well here goes ,,,,,,,,,,,I was banded 26 ish September,,2012 nearly 9 months ago,,,,,I was a heavyweight. 18 stone on the nose ,,,,,,,,wasn't getting any younger 56. Had a few health issues,,,,,,,couldn't walk anywhere for longer than an hours ,hip pain knee pain any pain I got it! Loved to go out shopping,,walking round the Trafford centre all day,,,,,couldn't do that anymore,,,, am a full time carer looking after my 84 years old dad,,,,,so needed some time to myself,,,,,,,I looked into haveing a gastric band in july 12 went for my consultation,,,,came away and cried and cried,,,,,,,should I do it ? Is it too late? Am I too old? Will it work? Well here's the answer. Yes yes yes it does work I am now at 12 stone 11 lbs. I have my restriction 7 mls in a 10 ml band,,,,,,not had any fill since march. .it hasn't been all plain sailing for me,,,,,,,but what is in this life we have? I am glad I took the chance and didn't bottle it,,! At any age or stage in your life,,,just go for it , you won't regret it I haven't ? It's been life changing for me all for the better,,,,,,,,my only wish is that gastric bands were available 25 years ago,,lol!oh and I couldn't have got this far without the help and support and sound advice from the guys on the web sight,,,,,,,,my goal is Between e 12 stone and a half. And to be a size 16 and live untill I'm 155 ? Hope my diary helps anyone that's unsure what to do , Hugs and kisses to everybody. Xxxxrubyred15

Aw well done you, you are an inspiration to me....it just confirms to me that I have defo made the right decision :) Thanks x

Thanks for posting Rubyred. As a new bander it is great hear how successful other banders are. You will soon be at your target - well done

Justine x

rubyred, it's so good to hear how you are doing, and you're doing great :) well done to you x

Thank you very much everyone,,,,,,,ill keep you all posted,,,,,,,on my target,,,,,,,I've just been for a consultation for plastics tummy tuck ? He said I need to be 12 stone then he will do it,,,,,,,,so trying realy hard now, hoping to crack it by middle of July. My 57 birthday press ant off my darling husband,,,,,,,well girls, not got time to drag my feet,so onward and downwards ehh ?,,,,,,
My warmest wishes to everyone, oh well done carrie,,,,,,well done lot tie you look amazing go girls xxxx rubyred15

Thank you very much everyone,,,,,,,ill keep you all posted,,,,,,,on my target,,,,,,,I've just been for a consultation for plastics tummy tuck ? He said I need to be 12 stone then he will do it,,,,,,,,so trying realy hard now, hoping to crack it by middle of July. My 57 birthday press ant off my darling husband,,,,,,,well girls, not got time to drag my feet,so onward and downwards ehh ?,,,,,,
My warmest wishes to everyone, oh well done carrie,,,,,,well done lot tie you look amazing go girls xxxx rubyred15

Wow, I am a month in from surgery and not yet had a fill, I am hoping I will be on the same successful path as you!

well done :)

Not even had my consultation yet, but all these posts are so inspiring and i hope i can have the same success as you have

karen x

Well done rubyred
At aged 63 I hope its not too late for me:confused:

Hi,Mister, welcome to the forum,,,,,,,,if you read all my posts. Good and bad,,it's not all been easy,, but yes it is defo worth going for it ? I had doubts as you can see ,,I went private,,my birthday pressy off my hubby xx I am now off blood pressure meds, cholesterole meds anti depressants, pain killers,,,,,,no more pain in my joints,walking ect ect,,,,I am just sorry I didn't look into years ago, yeh , you go for it if you can,,,,it won't be easy at first,,, but the results health wise will be fantastic. Xxxxxbest wishes to you. And remember Your never to old ?.... For anything xxxxRuby

Thanks rubyred.
Iv'e started the ball rolling. Reading your post and how well you have done gives me and others inspiration. Well done

Thanks for your positive post. I've had first fill last week 3.5mls plus 1.5 already in band so 5mls in total. Don't really feel any restriction though so struggling with willpower only and no real weight loss. Next fill in 3 weeks. They did say this would prob happen and I may need several fills so trying to stay upbeat. Your post and others like it really helps. Ps this is my first comment ever as new to forum x

I've had two fills got 5.5 ml in mine and my weight loss is so slow so I feel the same but trying to stay positive

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back