• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, im Jo & was banded 5th Sept 2013

Yes, i have a history of not losing anything for ages then suddenly, bam, down a few lbs too, disheartening isnt it?!

Anyway its really helped just chatting about it, so thanks, you have helped me put it in perspective :) and fingers crossed I stay off the ciggies, this is the third time ive quit [a year the first time, 18 months the 2nd] so must be third time lucky surely?!

Now going to have a Hot Choc [options] & hop into bed with the cat!

Living the high life! lol

Thanks Banderbird xx I fully intended to, then started weighing myself and it was all downhill from there... Glad you have resisted the lure of the scales! :)

So no more weighing, just reminding myself this is early days and take it slowly. Really pleased I didnt cave and have a cigarette, 5 weeks now :) but a bit alarmed that I am getting through too much nicotine gum instead, damn my addictive personality lol

Looking forward to eating meals with the family again but am going to have to be careful as it doesnt feel like I have much restriction as yet. I do feel different to before I was banded, Im still hungry but not as much and I although I always ate quite small portions [used to graze all day] I am eating less and feeling fuller for longer.

Going to book fill #2 for 4 weeks time today.

Didnt get round to that swim yesterday, still cant face the pool yet but must get back to swimming!

Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

I've no restriction yet, I'm hoping to find some around fill 3/4, so I know what you mean!

Keep going with the food and the fags, you're doing brilliantly:)

Thanks Banderbird xx I fully intended to, then started weighing myself and it was all downhill from there... Glad you have resisted the lure of the scales! :)

It's more than I'm scared I haven't lost anything!!

So no more weighing, just reminding myself this is early days and take it slowly. Really pleased I didnt cave and have a cigarette, 5 weeks now :) but a bit alarmed that I am getting through too much nicotine gum instead, damn my addictive personality lol

Yeaaahhh! And good work on quitting smoking too. Ditch the gum, you don't need it. Nicotine leaves your body after a day I believe, it's just the habit that needs to be broken :)

Looking forward to eating meals with the family again but am going to have to be careful as it doesnt feel like I have much restriction as yet. I do feel different to before I was banded, Im still hungry but not as much and I although I always ate quite small portions [used to graze all day] I am eating less and feeling fuller for longer.
That's great! Just think, even if you're losing just a pound a week, after a few weeks, that's half a stone gone!

Thanks ladies :)

Had a lovely meal tonight of homemade Thai red chicken curry and brown rice, savoured every moment of it! Did worry a bit as I know rice can be tricky for us banders but cooked it to be soft rather than sticky & it went down fine, I added extra veg to mine to bulk it out and cut back on rice & have discovered spray on buttery taste oil! 1 cal a spray, also great with air-popped popcorn I am told!

Sarah, I will keep fingers crossed for your restriction too, you are fill #3 next month aren't you? Would be good timing as gives it time to settle before Christmas, always a tricky time for me! Hope your port site is less sore tonight, took my plaster off from my fill [mon] today and was soaked in blood :eek: but thankfully all re-healed nicely.
Oh and food and fags made me laugh! maybe its just things that begin with F I need to stay away from!

Banderbird, keep on keeping away from them! much better for the head and the pounds will soon drop off as you say, we are aiming for the same goal weight if my memory is right? So here for the long run hey :)

I hear you re the gum, stupid habit! but think that one will take a bit more work...looking to swap to ordinary gum this weekend then phase that out as quickly as poss, hate chewing the cud like a big old cow!

keep up the good work ladies, you are both doing fabulously well and thanks for the support, it really makes this journey easier sharing it with friends xx

How's it going Jo?

Red Thai curry sounds lush, I'll be going for my weekly Indian on Monday and I can't wait, even if I only have starters now:)

Hope you're having a good weekend x

Hiya Sarah :)

Thanks, the Thai was lush! Im a huge fan of Indian food too :) My mum was born in India so we were introduced to spicy foods at an early age :cool:

Having a quiet weekend thanks, stinky cold turned into blocked sinuses & eye/ear infection so got some antibiotics from the docs. Give up smoking they said, lose weight, you'll be so much healthier and feel great! lol LIES, ALL LIES :D

Booked my fill #2 for Nov 4th and had a chat with the nurse, they warned me the band may feel tighter due to the cold etc but happy to report feels much the same, prob be something to bear in mind when im nearer restriction though.

Hope your weekend is going well, have you got much planned or just chilling like me?

Last edited:
When my mum gave up smoking she got a chest infection and was cursing the entire medical community! I hope it passes quickly and you're back fighting fit again:)

My weekends tend to be busy with family, so I won't drink too much tonight as I can't lie in bed all day tomorrow recovering - I'm out with my dad for lunch, then a swim with my mum late afternoon.
I might drink a teeny bit tonight though:)

Have a good one x

Blimey, what a weird 24 hrs :confused:

Thanks for the kind wishes re Stinky cold Banderbird, much appreciated xx

Sarah, your poor mum! I know just how she felt!

Have spent the last 24 hrs mostly in bed alternating between a raging temp,streaming nose/eyes, feeling sick or thinking I am going to faint :sign0137: not sure what the heck I have caught?! but wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy! Seems like flu is going round here in Suffolk, so my advice is get your flu jabs in now if you can xx

Feeling better this evening :) so whatever it is/was my poor old body has fought it off. Just now had some soup and can feel the life coming back into me,but still not really with it, so apols for posting even more rubbish than usual! lol

Sarah, hope your weekend & evening out went well xx :)

Thanks Sarah xx

Am feeling very sorry for myself! Been back to Docs & got more antibiotics so hoping the eye/ear infection will now clear up, I look like the monster from the deep :eek: but as a side effect have lost my appetite so there is something positive lol

Just wondering how others have got on when they are ill or sick? Was really worried on Sat as I could feel myself starting to retch. I remember the nurse saying if you are sick you should have the band defilled? but presume this is only if you are sick for a few days not just a few hours?

Keeping going on coffee & soup for now, not together cos that would be silly!

Hope ive lost those 3 lbs I put on last week, typical woman, feel like crap but glad if it means i may have lost weight :rolleyes:

Its been a few days so time for an update...

Still got the lurgy but the doc thinks it isnt a cold & eye infection but some kind of eye-condition & sinusitus related to a skin disorder i have called Rosacea. I didnt know but it can spread to your eyes & sinuses which explains the weird symptoms!

New antibiotics have stopped the constant burning and streaming cold so off to opticians to get referred to eye doc, fingers crossed hey.

In other news,weighed myself this morning & have lost the 3lbs I put on & 2 more, dead chuffed!

Band working well since my fill, now happy eating 4 ryvitas & salad and full! I know its just the honeymoon period so making the most of it :)

Hope everyone else is doing well, loving my band so much! xx

Thanks Sarah :)

I'm a terrible grouch when im under the weather, so my partner is pleased too lol

How are things going for you? well I hope xx

Back